noransom.kaspersky.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

kek, you fucked up

I'm in.

>tfw my cousin is part part of the group who makes cryptoockers
Feels bad man

>the group
Surely there is more than one.

how do people get this kind of malware anyway?

Maybe he got his start by trying to decode your shitty spelling

And then you woke up

Well I'm pretty sleepy so i don't really care.
I don't remember the name. The site their use is armada.im or some shit like that
I wish. Money turned him into a fucking retard

E-mail attachments
Browser exploits on websites / in ads
Brute forced remote desktops

But most importantly:
Running Microsoft Windows.

>having java installed
>having flash installed
>using internet explorer
>opening email attachments indiscriminately

In my experience working computer repair and service:

1. Pirating video games
2. Facebook games - This is actually an issue and Facebook has kept it hush
3. Email attachments

4.using public wifi

...What shitty site do you have to go to to get Pirated games with Cryptolocker attached to it? Cracks get flagged all the time for false positives.

TPB?

Public torrent sites. Some are actually designed to remain dormant for a set amount of time, others are designed to only begin encrypting if there's a large amount of documents and images detected. This is to avoid saturating the market too much, minimizing the possible sample rate users and security firms are able to pull from, research, detect and find workarounds for and patches.

If people thought this was bad now.... you won't want to be here in 2 years time because it will be targeting mobile phones next by exploiting MMS system and many others.

Not necessarily Crypolocker related but there was a fully functional GTAV mod that was super popular till months later people realized it was maliciously high-jacking steam accounts and what not.

The probability of things like this slipping by with cracked stuff is greater thanks to all the false positives people associate with them.

as long as it has a skull next to the user, the risk is very small

Worse is people who wander off following adverts to rinky-dink sites on the web then install every crapware they can click. Screensavers, ringtones, make your computer faster, "microsoft word". Many such cases! Computer install lifetime averages in months.

lad...

In short, people are stupid. Had a coop student at work. I work for a tech company. He was tasked with installing google earth to assist with some design shit, so he goes and downloads 5 different trojans on a brand new laptop on the work network because he thought he was saving the company money by finding a "cracked" copy of google earth. Little did he know it's actually available for free directly from google. Had to reinstall windows on my day off, I wasn't too happy about that.

what?

>cryptolockers actually encrypt stuff

Times have changed. Still, why the fuck are you using Windows at all outside of a VM?

>2017
>not having multiple PCs
I have one Linux PC solely for online buying, banking, important stuff, etc.
I have another Linux PC for general everyday web browsing.
And finally, I have my Windows PC that I use to run Windows-only programs like gaming.

I have 4 laptops and a desktop. All of them run GNU/Linux. I use them for work and shitposting. Buy a fucking gaymen console if you want to be a manchild.

Trying coding in C# in Linux. Or using numerous Windows-only software on Linux. You're just limiting yourself. VM/Wine just doesn't work sometimes and you have to find loopholes.

A VM and PlayOnLinux both work fine for all of my needs. Stop making excuses for being a cuck.

Sad!

Aren't these ransomware pretty weak still? Last time I checked all the cryptolocker variants had no idea what they were doing and you could easily grab the key they left on your system to decrypt your shit yourself. noransom.kaspersky.com/

You must have low needs then, or settling for some performance or feature issues. I prefer to go that extra step to get full performance.
I suppose to each, his own. It's none of my business if you want to cuck yourself. I just pity you a little.

Install Windows.

Do you development and GAYMIN on there. Now load up virtual machine and install any linux/bsd editions, or hell even another Winblows VM.

Do all your shady shit in there. Make another VM for banking/personal emails/important shit. Just install basic Fedora 25 and it'll 'just work' for those things.

Is that Linux?