/sqt/ stupid question general

For all the questions that don't deserve their own thread.
Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kQ8w5SL5ItE?list=PLS9MbmO_ssyBAc9wBC85_WG9aT88KGxH8&t=157
sourceforge.net/projects/luabinaries/files/5.2.4/
steamcommunity.com/id/CoraxCorvus/
pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-15-ay168sa-15-6-laptop-with-latest-7th-gen-intel-core-i7-processor-silver-10151313-pdt.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sony vegas or adobe premier?

So my windows 7 installation is fucked after several years and I think I'm going to have to do a fresh install to fix it.

What's the easiest way to import everything? There's too much shit on this computer I want to bring forward.

How the fuck do I use the built-in Sup Forums extension thread filters? Whenever I add a thread subject filter with "Auto" for a board that already has a thread subject filter on "Hide" all the threads including the ones marked "Hide" appear in my threadwatcher on refresh

Does someone know the current username/password for the installgentoo ftp?

Is there a motherboard in a standard (EATX, ATX, uATX, ITX) form factor that uses a non-x86 CPU?

Other than that Talos thing that costs $4,000.

i have next to no knowledge of cryptocurrencies. how do you mine them? how do you turn them into real money? what's the best one to mine, bitcoin?

I'm putting my new PC together later on today, but apparently I heard that you have to be careful how you install your SSD. Apparently plugging it in and trying to use it off the bat destroys it or something?

can i move my steam games from a old computer to a new one by moving the "SteamApps" folder? i never backed it up prior to my old computer dying

also whats a good office activator?

What's a good/best book for general best practices for OOP coming from imperative languages? Also, I'm going to need it eventually, so what's an ~actually~ good book on java? (school mandates it, pls no bully). Not going to bother asking dpt because they'll just say "something something oop trash something muh functional programming etc"

Retard here, I have a toaster for gaming but my friend just gave me his old RX 470. I tried to put it in and realized it doesn't have a VGA port. Is there some adapter I need or do i just need to get a new monitor?

you can get an adapter.

My SSD's wear leveling count in raw values is at 6 when I've only had it for a couple weeks. Should I be worried?

I won 50 bucks betting on bovada and want to cash out, what is the best way to get my money?

i forgot to mention using bitcoins to USD

So how do I rice?

also is there a way to make that GPU line shorter

which torrent software should i get for windows? utorrent is so bloated and full of ads and the older versions gives me shit speed

transmission qt

Are Samsung phones 'inherently' better than for example cheap Xiaomi phones because they use better hardware and simply have more expensive build OR its because they're a brand?
I don't know why I still feel more confident paying $150 more for Samsung - or Sony.

What are the programming languages I should learn ASAP if I want a good job?

Do people still learn C++ these days? What about C#, Java, etc?

I want to buy a piano keyboard for my computer that's cheap/good at the same time, any recommendations?

I'm following a tutorial series on game dev, specifically on this episode at that timestamp.

youtu.be/kQ8w5SL5ItE?list=PLS9MbmO_ssyBAc9wBC85_WG9aT88KGxH8&t=157

In this section he is installing :Lua 5.2.4 I went to follow and install it, I've installed languages before and I know how to append the filepath and stuff but I've encountered what might be a problem.

At the beginning he is pretty insistant not to use 5.3 because many programs, including love2D don't support 5.3. However the link to "Download the latest version"
sourceforge.net/projects/luabinaries/files/5.2.4/
Downloads the version 5.3.3 binaries.

Is this fine? I assume the devs know what they are doing, did they add 5.1/5.2 support? Will this work with love2D?

Correction

I know Love2d runs its own version of Lua.

What I meant is will it be incompatible with the tutorial series*

Can someone help me open/forward my port?

I've been struggling with it for awhile now. I got a static IP, but I can't forward my port. It's for a private tracker.

Maybe add me on steam?
steamcommunity.com/id/CoraxCorvus/

Is popcorn time safe? I don't give fat baby's dick about copyright notices from ISP, but I'm taking about how it works.

Is it just a browser that crawls through sites and gets the content and streams it?

Why can't I get SSH server working on arch. I installed OpenSSH and it doesn't work what am I missing?

You dont have sshd running

VLC had a dialog for displaying properties of the current video, such as bitrate, framerate, dimensions, etc. Any way to do this with mpv?

download stats.lua and press 'i'

I want to save thread space and post here.

I still live with my folks but otherwise I have a great job and transportation and what not. My main problem is somethings are still not within my control such as Internet. My younger brother essentially had a massive fight with my parents and my mother cut off the internet even though I need it for my own shit and to VPN to my work computer for whatever reason after hours. I thought about upgrading my cell data to unlimited but it won't let me hotspot my unlimited data to my PC or Laptop, it's capped when sharing.

Purchasing Internet isn't a problem, I need something that can be hidden from the family, especially my brother who abuses it. My parents don't really use the Internet so for them it's not an issue, they just want to curve my brothers usage but I got caught in collateral damage.

just got a dual screen set-up, how do i get a taskbar for each side?

Sweet. Thanks user.

Math and technology are related right? Anyone knows about this?

Im looking for a tablet.

Im not looking for a strong one, but the resolution must be atleast 1280x720 and play 720p@60FPS.

All im going to use it for is youtube in my bed and read chinese comics.

What are some good options?

You are looking for the /sci/ board some blocks down.

Rightclick taskbar -> settings -> scroll all the way to bottom -> there should be something like "show taskbar on every display"

try here

windows 10 1067 update freezes on boot for me. If I hold shift while booting it'll bluescreen saying critical proc ess died and restart. After doing that a couple times it'll go to recovery and let me go to the last build but I'd really like for the update to take
What can I do?

Don't let the DHCP(router usually) offer him an address, MACAddress filtering can do the trick easily.

>windows 10 1067
I'm 10240, what are you doing?

Use a restore point before update installed
Clear update cache and make it re-download
Try again

program to find and delete duplicate files on windows?

Is there some kind of antimalware for Linux besides ClamAV (which is targeted at viruses)?

My install got compromised.

Why is this happening?

don't have one

Can the i5 6300 hq handle video editing and heavy music production?

Or will I need the i7 6700hq?

pls help with my stupid question, Sup Forums.

Is there a formula or something I can use in excel that will populate a column in spreadsheet 1 with corresponding values from spreadsheet 2 on a row-by-row basis, as determined by the data from an adjacent column in both spreadsheets?

hope that makes sense and thanks.

[pic related]

also, been broken for me since the anniversary update, I did what I did this time last time to just put it off, this time it force rebooted into failure again

what ur Email, i'll send you a torrent for LTSB

would I be able to keep all my installed programs? I have nothing to back up to and hundreds of gigabytes of things I'd have to redownload on a very slow connection

My mouse wheel's fucked, page goes up when I try to scroll down.

Probably needs a cleaning, how do I go about that? It's a steelseries rival.

Oh I did do this. It even got to the point that every PC and device minus phones were wired over power except for his and he had his MAC address blocked. He kept fucking hard rebooting the ISP modem to reset the login and he would unblock himself.

The Internet is completely cut which is why I need a provider without anyone knowing there is Internet.

Good luck,
it isn't worth fixing such an old build.

start backing up.

email is [email protected]

>If i don't have internet, no one will
Someone needs spanking...

at this point, good luck.

Just installed a soundcard in my PC, windows detects that its installed properly and the drivers are up to date, however when I plug the speakers into the soundcard, it does not detect them and instead plays sound through the monitor speaker... the speakers work fine with the audio panel that came origially installed on the tower though...

What gives?

Playback devices->Disable everyone But new soundcard

Thanks for the quick reply senpai, ill try it out

What is the current go-to site for downloading W7? Is it still that German mirror with the Digital River isos or is there something better?

Torrent or anything with a googleable SHA-1 checksum

Will RAID 1 provide data security if one of the drives fails?

i need free 50gb+ cloud storage. any solutions? storin a zip file

only one

So its not n-1 drives can fail where n is the number of drives in the setup?

wtf no

RAID0 of x3 ssds
3-1=Your RAID is gone

Im asking about rAID1 where the data is duplicated on each drive

in that case yes

qbittorrent, the best for all OSs

I'm starting to get more privacy-conscious, and I'm about to install my first Linux distribution (Ubuntu GNOME) in a dual-boot setup with Windows 10 (since I need muh gaymes). What are the pros and cons of the disk encryption option in Ubuntu's installer? Does it protect against remote or on-site snooping? How?

Ok, thanks for the reply

Any Raspberry Pi or clone thereof - they're a de facto standard, with many different SBCs being compatible with it's accessories.

If you want just a motherboard, though, you're SOL. Unless you don't think AMD64 counts.

That's fucking retarded.

You're fucked if you don't want to get an active adapter, as none of AMD's RX lineup have DVI-I.

Shit, even my monitor from the early 2000's is compatible with DVI-D, and unless you have a CRT that you want to hang on to, chances are it's time to upgrade.

Alright, one of my apps in Android doesn't work whenever I try to use it. Wat do?

I'm thinking about uninstalling it then reinstalling it, but will it delete my data?

use a real distro. manjaro is user friendly and a lot less sketchy than canonical. on site because if it were remote, you're already sitting there with the data unencrypted since it is mounted. however, if someone got your laptop, they couldn't even pull the keys from your swap space if you used luks for both root and swap. easiest to do it with lvm plus that way you only have to type the pw once at boot instead of twice

>manjaro is user friendly and a lot less sketchy than canonical
Funny - the other day, I was told not to use Manjaro because I'm new to Linux. The reasoning was that when Arch-based stuff breaks, you have to know what you're doing.

>that way you only have to type the pw once at boot instead of twice
What do you mean by this? Does one encryption option require me to type my computer password twice when I boot the distro?

Not really, but they have their benefits.

You won't encounter any glaring software bugs for the most part, hardware will behave like it's supposed to, and you'll get longer support.

Honestly, if I had the cash, I'd get the Z5 Compact.

Java, JavaShit, the C's, and Python, and Ruby. The second and last if you want to be a faggot.

Just enable the access list on your router and add only you and your parents.

Otherwise, use a third-party tethering app, or buy a cheap factory phone like a Moto E or something and enable the hotspot.

What do you mean by your brother abuses the Internet? Do you mean he takes up all the bandwidth? You can just buy a new router or use another one as a bridge if that's the case.

Why don't you just put the router in a document safe or strongbox and drill holes for the wires?

ask me anything!
Bored af.

I'm looking for a semi decent laptop for 500 bongs.

How is this one?
pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-15-ay168sa-15-6-laptop-with-latest-7th-gen-intel-core-i7-processor-silver-10151313-pdt.html

I'd like to play some games every now and then, but nothing major. Would mostly be for university shit.

Do you really need 1TB storage?
An SSD would make your experience a lot better.

Storage 1 TB HDD, 5400 rpm
>2016, not using SSD

Resolution 1366 x 768

Ethernet 10/100 Ethernet
>No gigabit lel

ur CPU is your GPU
Good luck with games

I suppose not. I've got external hard drives.

Right.
But like I said the games thing isn't all that important. The most graphically intensive game I'd play is probably some shitty mmo to pass the time.

What specs should I be looking at when comparing computers?

Can and will you answer my question here ?

If not, why?

Gigabit Ethernet is a good place to start
(latest) i7 is always good
SSD instead of HDD ( replace yourself at worst )
Minimum: 8GiB RAM | Recommended: 16
Dedicated GPU will cost you ...so not that.

rewirte the question, cant figure out which one it is

Why does Speccy show '2048mb' on my 6gb card?

Is this just an error with speccy or is there something wrong with my card?

Awesome. Thanks buddy

So I have a small chink amp (Breeze Audio with TPA3116) in the mail that I'm planning to use with my stereo bookshelf speakers. It has one set of RCA inputs, but I would like to be able to hook up multiple sources to it (rpi3 and a tv).

What kind of switch or adapter or cable or connector should I look for? What is the name for it?

It's usually called a "switch" or a "selector"

Something like "Audio selector switch box RCA" should yield results.

HOW DO I LEARN ANDROID. TYPING THIS FROM MY WORKPLACE.

does running games at higher resolution ncrease VRAM consumption

>VRAM consumption

yes

In C, about stdio, does fopen(...) work on any filesystem?

I need an autoclicker on Android that is easy to use and fast to pause and enable again. I'm rooted.

ye

Can someone please explain to me what this means?

I get the Degree Sequence part, but IDK how to Draw K_5, 3 or K_7
I didn't see this anywhere in my textbook, and I can't find an example on Wikipedia or anything.

I just need to know what it means to draw something like that...

What's the difference between the function and the implementation of a hardware device?
This question has come up on a mock exam and i have no fucking clue what it means

Is there any perceivable difference between regular and slim HDMI cables?

I'm just concerned they might be more prone to interference or any other issues compared to denser cable sheaths. But my setup is pretty tight and more manoeuvrable cables would be extremely beneficial.

I want to invest €300 into audio hardware

I have:
Shitty Logitech speakers
A cheap audiocard

Tempted to buy a cheap mixing panel (because its fun) or new speakers, what should i do? Should I even do anything at all or wait till I have more money to invest? (€300 is about my monthly expendable income)

Anyone?

I just need to know what it means when it asks me to "Draw K[7] and K[5, 3]." I'd google it, but I don't even know what to look up

You sure you got it right?wtf
you could always get another cable and try,
can't say ive seen a difference so far.

Get a pair of monitors (KRK ROKIT 6" for example)