Why is this board so fucking awful?

Why is this board so fucking awful?

It's full of linux autists.

2bh that's the least of its problems

Angery Linux fedora virgins

stupid frogposter get the fuck off this website

people who scream Sup Forums every time something with even a 1% relation to video games is posted

weebs who post their desktops littered with lolis and telling anyone that thinks they might have a problem to "end their lives" because anyone who disagrees with them is "subhuman" "scum of the earth" and "disgusting"

macfags

phoneposters

this
retarded "comp sci" fucks who come here to shitpost about their worthless excuse for a hobby.
general threads
advertisers
lincuck fags spamming constantly

really wish people would just go back to telling the aforementioned fucktards to install gentoo

>waaaa muh vidya
>waaaa weaaboos
You're on the wrong site

>watering down the post in a manner that allows you to interpret it in the way that makes you feel right

ok

Sup Forums toddlers like you is the main concern

Look where you are.

It lacks a rule against asking which distribution or OS people should use. These sorts of questions are equivalent of waifu threads.

And look again.

And again. Have my whole folder.

those threads fall under advertising, even if it is thinly veiled advertising.

Kill yourself

>falling for the bait
dumbasses.

Why does it say updating index when i try to make a new thread and then not create the thread/

7s

How about the part where you think people talking about one of the most popular operating systems in the world is shitposting? You're either using Windows or paying for Apple. Why do prebuilts become okay when they're Apple prebuilts?

>Huh, you feel for his ruse! You called him retarded!
Wow, he sure showed me.

but user that's 5 in a row, an only 6 total.

you're assuming waaaay too much, this is probably why people don't like anime posters, they're essentially dumnb frogposters
windows shitposts are fun to laugh at but are usually shitposts regardless, apple prebuilts and shitposts are cringey shit i avoid, linucks is just dumb and gay circle jerking.

>you're assuming waaaay too much
No, not really. Unless you've been fucking around on TempleOS, Haiku, or Plan9 for the last decade you're glued to a system for babies, since you obviously don't into Linux.

I feel the reason for the awfulness is the meme culture of Sup Forums. Memes are an essential part of Sup Forums but in Sup Forums their development seems to be stalled. Most of the memes here are overused and repeated, while other boards have active. dynamic memes,

>Memes are an essential part of Sup Forums
No they aren't you fucking faggot

>system for babies
it's called ergonomics, and if you aren't building your own OS to use your firmware and subsequently hardware to your hearts desires, you're just using something someone else made because you're too stupid to make it yourself. or at the very least make proper use of your hardware yourself, in which case why bother calling it your hardware at all?

more to the point, why do you care about what OS i use? rather what makes you think "apple prebuilts are okay"?
both windows and apple are dumb and gay

probably becuase people come in contact with the exact same 50 fucking threads every fucking day.
>hide 20 general shitpost threads being spammed nonstop
>hide 20 lincucks, wayy help me fix my broken shit, blatant advertisements
to finally find a topic to discuss something about technology.
why would you give these same stupid shitposting spammers any originality when they give none? just tell them to install gentoo and fuckoff if you're bored enough to not just hide it

Why don't people like generals? Aren't generals beneficial for the board? If you have a small question then just ask it in the general. This way you don't displace any threads for your little question. Right?

This

Also the "attitude" of this board I've found to be most similar to /gsg/, which has a similar affliction, and /gsg/ is a pot of autists too.

All cause dumb frog posters.

memes are the only part of Sup Forums.
how the fuck else do you have any continuity in a community that has anonymous users and content that lasts for days at best?

this. Sup Forums posting is the worst

the only other issues I have would be the advertising we get around here, graphics card threads, and phone-posters. the quality of content has really dropped the past few years too, but that's neo Sup Forums for ya.

I use Linux because developing on Windows is a PITA. If you don't want to be told you're retarded, don't complain about Linux users on the technology board. Some people do alter their own OS, but when you're not used to having the choice it can be hard to imagine why that might be.

Generals build up their own sub communities, fill up the front page, and absorb topics that could have gone in a new thread.

generals in my opinion are usually beneficial especially with little questions + it helps contain some of the shit that would otherwise clog the board. At least, that's how they're supposed to work. I think the reason people dislike them, or complain about them on Sup Forums is because they really don't do a good job of containing stuff, and we still get a cluttered board on top of these generals. ie

>lol gais wats wrong with my motherboard? xDDD
>HELP ME BUILD A PC FOR $1000 THX
>guys my moms sisters printer wont work even tho i swear i updated all the drivers what am i doing wrong?? btw im using windows 10
>NVIDIA BTFO BANKRUPT AND DEAD
>omg amd is doneee xDDD
>where were you when Solus became god-tier?

It's because of the almost 20 general threads.