i never hurt anybody

>2013

Oh shit, I'm sorry.

Almost half a decade old image

BTFO

>9,001 meme-of-the-week web frameworks
>"JavaScript #1"

Fucking hell man.

Wow, and I thought Java was becoming thing of the past.

To who, god?

,001 meme-of-the-week web frameworks
>>"JavaScript #1"
This.

Lots of repositories doesn't mean anything other than people are making shit, doesn't mean that the shit is being used.

Your chart proves that JS is a meme.

NO

What the fuck happened to Perl?

python

What happened to Ruby?

The relative trading of places by Ruby with Java and JavaScript (none of these graphs are in absolute numbers) was just those languages getting their shit together as a community more than anything that "happened" to Ruby.

The Ruby community had its shit together in terms of publicizing its open source projects on the web much earlier than other languages, not counting a bunch of C and C++ projects on sourceforge. Remember that Github itself is written in a combination of Ruby, Shell and C. It was really over-represented for the first 4-ish years of Github.

>3 BILLION DEVICES RUN JAVA
3 BILLION DEVICES RUN JAVA

well what do you know, github going down the toilet

/thread

Also sage

BTFO()

quality over quantity

If you count legacy devices sitting in garbage dumps.

sorry

Java is dying.

>muh C for embedded devices
>doesn't realise his credit card and sim card run java

DELETE THIS

I'm glad to see JavaScripts microframeworks making it the #1 language on GitHub.

No other language community could have innovated 1-function libraries that upcases Mongolian cuneiform when it's Monday, another when it's Tuesday, and so on.

How will C ever compete with just one Upcase function that works with everything?

Java libs are mostly distributed on Maven repositories though.
Nobody clones shit from git to use it with Java if they can just add a dependency to their buildfile.

it lives on as a cool and dynamic meme framework

Isn't it possible that with node becoming more popular that people who are getting into web dev only need to know one language now instead of two, so they pick javascript?

Why would someone that doesn't know know/ care about javascript be so excited about the new framework of the week?

Whats a good alternative to github?

gitgud

whats a good alternative to searching for answers?

asking

Idiots. This is done by lines of code, not repository count.

Wew, that's cool.

flash drives