What does Sup Forums think is the best GPU vendor, and why? Taking into account quality control, customer service, etc...

What does Sup Forums think is the best GPU vendor, and why? Taking into account quality control, customer service, etc. Buying a new GPU soon, I'd like to support the vendor that most deserves/needs it. Any input is appreciated, thanks.

I like evga

So MSI is supposed to run hot as fuck because the cooler is super fucking slim and made of fancy military metals?
MSI R9 290 owner.

Have any experience with their CS? I do like EVGA's trade-in program, paying the price difference of your current card.

''

What's the consensus on Sapphire?

MSI is cheap but just werks if you don't give a shit about massive OCs.

No, I just have a 750 ti only gpu I've owned and it's pretty good so far

Powercolor

MSI tends to have the best coolers. And they're available quickly.
EVGA tends to have the best warranty.

From the sound of things, I'd be better off dishing out more for some quality assurance, better heat management and now maybe overclocking.

ASUS

Warranty is big for me, what do you mean by best? Assuming they would take responsibility for a failed card, what's their standard warranty length?

>better heat management
Oh you just wait boyo

All the replies are appreciated, but please explain why you prefer said brand.

EVGA warranty is good for water cooling. Most manufacturers today will support their cards as long as you replace the original cooler. EVGA also has their step up program thing but I've never done it.

I don't think I'll be undertaking water cooling for some years, but it's nice to see they're not stiffs about how you use their hardware.

Do they not use "Void if removed" stickers on one screw anymore?
MSI and XFX do

Those are illegal anymore

That's the main reason you go with EVGA.

You can see benchmarks and the MSI coolers are almost always the best. Only thing that beats them or special edition coolers.Like I think the Zotac AMP Extreme edition card may get better temps.

EVGA may still have them but their warranty is still good if you water cool. One of their marketing gimmicks.

?

Do you (anyone else feel free to chime in) have experience with Sapphire's coolers? I'll almost definitely be going AMD, and if so then it'll likely be the RX 480. My current ASUS GTX 660 never exceeds 70° even when OCed. Would I ever have to be concerned with heat?

Every vendor has made really nice cards and really shit cards in their time. For example when it came to the 2/390/x sapphire was the way to go bar none. But with the 480's they're probably the worst option. And their tech support sucks ass if you want to rma.

Evga is an even more polarizing example. Theyve been making consistently great cards for what seems like ages but they cheapes out on their vrms and memory modules and now have cards literally exploding.

Tl;dr never be brand loyal. Always check reviews amd go with the one youve determimed to be best by your own merits.

Haven't owned a Sapphire since a I had a 5870

>MSI coolers are almost always the best
My friends 290 always stays 20C below mine.
I have MSI he has HIS. I think they are buil this way, as my cooler is 1/2 the size of his.
Vapor-x is the shit...oh wait...

What are the benefits of a factory overclocked card? Is it just that they retain a warranty even though they are overclocked, and that they usually come with better cooling solutions?

You're talking about old MSI coolers not the modern ones.

They are made sure to be stable at whatever higher clock speed they come with.
That's it.

Definitely appreciate this answer, sounds like there are no consistent brands. On the topic, not even the famed Kingston. What would you personally recommend for an RX 480?

>EVGA GPUs are a fire hazard due to horrible build quality
>fanboys here are still defending them
Are you guys even getting paid for all this shilling?

So MSI cooler are now xboxhueg?
Are they no longer made of mil-spec material?

Does that offer any real benefit though? Like they are usually just a modest overclock that any card of that lineup could achieve.

Are you mentally retarded or just pretend to be?

Sapphire usually makes some of the best amd stuff but this time around xfx has really strpped up their game.
At least as far as coolers are comcerned. I cant speak for their selection of components. I know for a fact sapphire puts some really beefy nice shit on their boards and i also know xfx put some of the cheapest shit on their 200 series cards. They made "non reference" cards with stock pcb's and even cheaper components than reference. But reviewers have been holding the 480 gtr in very high regard, though that might just be because of the stupid swappable fan gimmick.

I have an MSI R9 290, the cooler is slim as fuck and it's made of gimmick material.
You tell me that's the old way, I ask if it's no longer like mine (slim and highquality material).
Are you fucking stupid autismotron faggothousand?

My factory OCed GTX 660 performs nearly as well as the heaviest manual GTX 660 OC. I can squeeze out maybe 2 more frames before things crash. In my experience there's no benefit to a factory OC except maybe warranty or quality assurance.

They come with better cooling and power delivery which should give more headroom for overclocking. The overclock itself doesn't do shit, it's just a standard feature of high-end variants.

Also some people don't like overclocking at all, they want a plug-and-play card that just werks without having to figure clock speeds, fan curves and voltages by themselves. A factory-overclocked card will give a slight boost to performance for those people.

I assumed you had the mental capacity to google and find out. I assumed wrong.

This is a thread for discussion, if you're just going to tell people to google shit because you don't know shit then why even come here?

So how low do you want the basic level of competency and ignorance to be?

It varies too much from generation to generation.

This gen MSI is king. Next gen who knows.

The benefit is that you're playing the silicon lottery with better odds (sort of). There are some chips that wont even handle a few mghz boost, with factory oc you know for sure you can get a little more out of it, and that means theres a better chance you can push it further.

Aside from that they tend to use better components on the power management side of things. Having more phases and caps allows for much cleaner power and POTENTIALLY more stability at higher clocks and voltages.

But diy overclock always has been and always will be a crapshoot.

There are scc versions out there that are basically cream of the crop dies hand selected to offer massive overclocks, but at a significant price. But the existence of said cards might point to how feeble it is to try and attain that level of oc on your own. Or not. Like i said its a crapshoot.

I would rather be in the company of fools than the company of complete fuckwitted assholes who can't answer a question that they scoff at.

For all those arguing:

Sorry, my dick is the biggest.

I havent been looking into reviews too in depth since i just bought that $260 fury and am very pleased with it (i believe its still on newegg. The cooler is insane and you can find an in depth pcb analysis on youtube. If youre at least a little familiar with what the basic components on the card are, you can appreciate just how well though out the nitro fury is)
But as far as from what ive seen the xfx cards are getting a lot of praise, while sapphire and msi are getting a lot of criticism.

The general sense I'm getting is that XFX may be making a comeback, EVGA shit the bed, Sapphire's well past their hay day, and MSI is a mixed bag for people.

I think I'll look into XFX and MSI, thanks!

Well im actually the only one here saying the xfx is good. I dont mean to give the wrong impression. I sincerely advise you into carefully researching your purchase because youre the one that will have to live with it. Xfx has been pretty fucking terrible in the past, its just that reviewers have been blowing their load over the gtr.

Had 2 sapphire cards in 2012 and they both died after a few months

savage af senpai

That issue has been resolved for weeks. Stop spreading misinformation.

Quite the rebuttal.
Here's a (You)

Would have gone with Fury myself if it weren't for 4gb

>What does Sup Forums think is the best GPU vendor

BFG or GTFO

Can't beat that lifetime warranty.

>forgets about the XFX lifetime warranty

Considering it still does better than the 480 8gb in one of the most vram hungry games ever, shadows of mordor, at every single resolution, i think its pretty much a non issue. I bought it so i can crank up the special snowflake settings on 1080p games while i await zen and vega to release before i do a whole new system. I havent found a single benchmark where the 480 tops the fury.
Plus its a really nice card. Even though it can potentially pull something north of 320 watts, it stays cool and quiet. My case fans at idle are louder than this thing at load.
But obviously im going to try to defend this thing up and down since i bought it and want to feel proud of my decision.

>forgets xfx only did the lifetime warranty thing in the first place because their cards were so shitty and had such bad reputation it was the only way they could regain consumer trust
>also forgets how much they pulled loopholes out of their ass during the 200 series because they didnt have any active cooling on the vrms causing countless boards to cool themselves to death

Inb4 memecoin mining was to blame. No other supplier had as many failures as xfx.

Maxsun

They've been on the market for more than a decade and you've not heard of them.