Do we have a good alternative yet?

Do we have a good alternative yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

proxyof.com/kickasstorrents-proxy-unblock/
torrentfreak.com/popular-kat-mirror-is-in-reality-a-dressed-up-pirate-bay-mirror-160805/
lumendatabase.org/blog_entries/773
dnoid.me/
etree.org/
thetradersden.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

tpb + rutracker

Your wallet you stupid nigger jew.

kickass.cd

Soon ;)

Dickhead.

extratorrent.cc is ok

I use torrentz2.eu, or if it's an old torrent, I check on an archived version of kickass here:
proxyof.com/kickasstorrents-proxy-unblock/

Awesome. TY

rutracker is down sadly :(

Good goy

Qbittorrent search function is all you need

ive been using tpb and utorrent
should i upgrade? and to what?

Is this the real KAT (resurrected by some members or something), a clone, an archive, or what?

no

tpb - the only resilient "torrent tracker" (mostly magnet links now)

>you're telling me this trash is the best
aight ill keep using the same shit I've been using the past 6 years

Sad but yeah, an older version of uTorrent

no.
>don't use a new version of uTorrent.
I don't know what version the cut off is. I don't use uTorrent. Somebody can probably help you out there.

>6 years
Did you just very recently become old enough to post here?

my teenage years sucked user

but the real question is: did you do the sucking?

Tixati is solid and while I don't have a solid grasp on the technicals it performs as well as uTorrent.

This. UTR is back.

Usenet

Torrents are dead.

I think it's down for maintenance.

Go to pol with your racism

torrentfreak.com/popular-kat-mirror-is-in-reality-a-dressed-up-pirate-bay-mirror-160805/

/thread

Fucking kek.

epic : )

In response to multiple complaints we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 4 posts from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaints that caused the removals at LumenDatabase.org.

rarbg is pretty good

kickass was amazing.

selection was varied.
tv series had proper listings.
suggestions were always great.
the community was nice.

such a huge loss.

lumendatabase.org/blog_entries/773
>Apple's New Patent Could Allow Others to Disable Your Phone's Camera

qBittorrent is the best.

>they will never allow another site to get that big, will take out all that remain one by one

Do people still use Usenet? I would gladly start using it if it became popular again.

gonna have to shell out money in the future.

it also means the content developers get that much less exposure.
their loss, really. consumer's greed and nitpicking will eventually bring us much better things, at much cheaper.
just have to get through these troubled times.

this, comments were helpful for finding real torrents too

I'm just using qbittorrent search function with plugins these days

>qbittorrent
Going to try it with search.

Joystream is good.

we can have only-magnet-link website.

as said, tpb with mostly magnet links can turn out to be much more resilient than a website that allows you to download a torrent file.

other wise -

we can revive the limewire / ares like software and share magnet links as an extra.

i loved using ares. no one could really stop it. it just died out, i don't know why.

I was correct. It's back online.

nice quads ;)

ayy ty I always forget to use that one

Wouldn't call demonoid a "good" alternate to what KAT was at it's prime, but if you poke around a bit sometimes you get some nice hits, currently at dnoid.me/

Problem is that all trackers have been seriously spooked by recent shit (like what.cd going down, too). Right now it's hard to get people to seed, especially on public trackers, because 1) the usual assholes that hit and run and now 2) deep paranoia that your ISP might cut you off without warning and a $20 million lawsuit lands in your mailbox for grabbing a copy of Finding Dory.

Most of my general & modest needs right now are covered with Common Sense 2017 + peerblock (with several lists loaded & updated + a personal list I've developed over the last 5 years) + tpb + demonoid +utorrent 2.0.4 running off a sacrificial old laptop/WinXP install.

Which is pretty much what I used, plus KAT, for about 95% of my needs for the past ten years.

And, if you want animus, then bakabt and nyaa.

If you want music & search around, there are quite a number of music trackers, especially stuff like archive.org (direct download) etree.org/ and thetradersden.org ... there is a hell of an online community trading in unlicensed & grayzone bootlegs and shit. Really, you can end up with a couple terabytes of amazing music quickly that is perfectly legal to torrent and no one will fuck with you.