My apartment is dusty as all fuck

My apartment is dusty as all fuck.
I clean it every week, but there's still a substantial layer of dust by next Sunday.
What technology can I use to rid myself of this problem? Do air purifiers actually do anything, or are they memes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x1rFAaAKpVc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have that exact purifier.

>it works
>lifetime filter
>carbon filter quality removes human shit smell really quickly
>it's kinda loud
>consumes about 60w on low
>produces some heat

dust is just a part of the universe man, just keep cleaning it or be like me and ignore it

youtu.be/x1rFAaAKpVc

Ask diy, they made the penultimate air filter last summer and most every poster made one.

>penultimate

I don't think you know what that word means.

You just thought it sounded cool.

>penultimate

>made the penultimate air filter last summer
>penultimate air filter
>second last air filter
>next summer we will create the final air filter to end all air filters
>mfw real life skynet was originally conceived as an air filter

>I clean it every week
This method is all you need unless you are sensitive to junk in the air.

I use an old daikin purifier because I'm allergic and it helps ALOT, just remember to maintain it: wash it, change filters, etc.

:O !

Where does dust come from?

do you mind posting the model?

>Ask diy
/diy/1091520

I have 4 hepa filtered purifiers for my house, 1 for every 500 sq ft and they do work. The thing is most people that use them don't use the right amount for the size of their living space. The manufacturer lists the square footage for a reason, because that's what they're engineered to clean. Too few in a larger living space and they don't help too much, especially if you have pets. My allergies have been way less aggressive since I've gotten them, and I don't have to dust nearly as frequently.

dead skin cells mainly

And clothing. Think about how much lint comes off your laundry each time you dry a load.

>penultimate
swing and a miss

I have it too, how much heat do you think it produces?

Will this thing ruin my books and comics?

I'll have you know that I contacted NASA on your behalf to answer this intricately technical question.
After extensive research, theoretical modeling, and testing, they have determined that on low settings it produces somewhat less than 60w of heat.

>removes human shit smell really quickly
w... why is nobody else inquiring about this? what the fuck are you doing that requires removing shit smell? are you shitting in your room?

Maybe he keeps it near or in his bathroom? Or just lives in a small apartment and keeps the bathroom door open?

Some people have terrible gut flora, and they don't fully digest some compounds which leads to gas that is particularly offensive to the nose.
That can easily overwhelm a confined space like a small apartment. Nobody wants their bathroom to be the purveying scent in their living space.

Did this really need to be explained to you?

i live in a studio. the bathroom has a vent but no window. there's no shit smell in the apartment. i even leave the door slightly ajar when i'm not using it.

flush the toilet, keep your bathroom clean, and maybe put a scented candle in there or a glade thing or something.

if you're smelling shit all the way from your living area, it means something is foul. air purifiers are great for many things, but you wouldn't spray febreeze in your fridge if it smelled like death because of some rotting meat.

deal with the disease, not the symptoms.

i guess so. i know that people don't digest some food particularly well (mild lactose intolerance is WAY more widespread than people seem to realize, but they don't put together that they fart and stuff more after eating ice cream and whatnot, so onward they go), but i assumed that people on Sup Forums would have vaguely put 2 and 2 together and learned to stop eating the stuff that they don't digest well.

Is there something like this for filthy smokers that will cause their room to not smell of filthy dank smoke

You can build a better filter yourself with industrial parts.

Get a Systemair fan and an industrial charcoal filter at your local Cannabis grow shop.

I'm surprised at how expensive this is. I can't find one for under $400 in my country.

What should I be shelling out for an aircleaner?

I'm so big boned I can't wipe my ass and my mom don't want to anymore

I halp

Try this instead then.

>Do air purifiers actually do anything, or are they memes?
They should do the same thing like vacuum cleaners to the air. Just filtering out various particles. Yea, they work.

Consider that you might also want to stop the dust from entering somehow. You yourself are the source of some dust, but a substantial layer seems uncommon.

>lifetime filter
as if

Are these available for sale in the US?

Are there any rumours about this entering the European market? I want one but the sale price is in poobux or something.

Honeywell manufacturers lifetime hepa filters and Abrams M1.

I don't know. I think you need to import one, same as I did.

> the sale price is in poobux or something
Direct import from China like /csg/ often does works best, paid in USD.

But since this is a large item the shipping will cost you extra. So it'll still be like $220 or so.

And you probably will suck / wash dust off this filter rather than order new ones (which works for me).

At least this is still the more efficient device in terms of power consumption and stuff.

costco has nice Hepa filters, im considering getting one as well, my house is near a main road, lots of exhaust particles end up through the open windows / back door.

>At least this is still the more efficient device in terms of power consumption and stuff.

This caught my eye as well. I'm interested in getting a couple because they draw so little power. I could run two of these and use less power than my Honeywell desk filter.

I am somewhat skeptical about the quality, how well it actually filters though.

Kek

just get xiaomi air filter. Costs 150 dollarooos only

It's better to have a single large one because maths and shit proves its more effective at getting dust.

>can't buy botnet filter
>die from asthma and lung cancer

> I am somewhat skeptical about the quality, how well it actually filters though.
Works perfectly fine for me, IDK about you.

Also was fairly objectively tested a bunch of times with external meters, the built-in one is actually quite accurate and it obviously moves air well & filters it (the latter honestly also can be said about vacuum cleaners though, requirements to filter out most solids to get them down to a low concentration aren't THAT high... but nobody wants a vacuum cleaner with a comparatively small filter surface running 24/7).

Anyhow, it's clearly a quality device, at least the second generation version that I have.

By the way, the tests weren't done by me, I just ran it and noticed my "average" sensitivity allergies weren't starting up even after the windows was open on days with pollen, and all that.

Plus it obviously moves a lot of air (the fan is great, that one I'm sure about) and had caught a decent volume of dust when I sucked it off the filter.

[But you'd not expect anything else DESU, even a computer fan grill catches a lot of dust. They could have used an uneven fabric weave and it'd catch dust. It's more the tests and my allergies that confirm it takes the air borne dust concentration down rapidly.]

is that the new imac

There is no such thing as a lifetime filter. Think about it.

Maybe it is actually a trade name, like the Lifetime Channel, or Lifetime Filter. Maybe the company considers that when the filter is occluded, then that is the end of the lifetime of the machine itself, thus self-fulfilling the prophecy of its name.

But a filter can't be a true filter, filtering out all the filtrates forever, and never need replacing.