Guide update

Since one of the old tiers was very close to another (in both price and performance), I merged two tiers, and expanded the most expensive tier into two.

I am updating PSU and SSD descriptions and recommendations later.

Your comments, suggestions, and criticism are welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854003
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jMNoLM17p7ivn0zngZB1FqrSvK2bnjJ1M_QJgsK1Ty4/edit#gid=0
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202186
rbt.asia/g/thread/S52300971),
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you make note of OC-ability of locked skylake CPUs?

For example, the i3, Pentium, i5, and I think even the xeon skylakes can OC with proper z170 mobo(and some other Asrock B150 mobos) bios support.

Currently sporting i5-6400 @ 4.3 Ghz on my Asrock Z170.

Also, a couple of months ago, my trusty 560 Ti broke. I have had it for nearly 5 years, and it served me well.

RIP and peace, 560 Ti.

I do.

>Still recommending HDDs in 2016

I asked a friend to get me a GTX 1070 from the USA.

Hurrray!

...this was before the EVGA 1070 explosive issue was discovered. Not so hurray any more.

Logical choice for storage, if you are storing movies or series.

I could not get my kids out of the room while trying to take pics.

Everything that came in the box.

Poster lasted for about 30 seconds. RIP poster.

Nice, yes?

Obligatory.

I have not cleaned the internals of my case in months. Sorry Sup Forums, this is awful.

There, I fixed it.

You child could die from chemicals trapped in those dust.

I'm going to report you to the child protective service for not cleaning your computer daily.

But... the smileys counteract the chemicals... no?

What case is this fambam?

Anyway, for those of you who do not have kids, this is my life: Kids sits on lap, one screen plays ABC's and Baby Vuvu, and the other plays WoW.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854003

Phanteks Enthoo Pro. Excellent case, and very cheap for a full tower.

...very easy to clean, for those of us who are not lazy.

>he fell for the mechanical keyboard meme

Unrelated, but didn't you make some sort of Sup Forums recommended anime list? I'm on a drought of things to watch, and the list looked decent.

R9 Fury prices has downed quite some, ranging between $260-350. It can fit between 1060 and 1070 when the price is right

Hey Falcon.~ I miss you hanging out on IRC.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jMNoLM17p7ivn0zngZB1FqrSvK2bnjJ1M_QJgsK1Ty4/edit#gid=0

Everything in there is recommended by Sup Forums, but not everything in there is Sup Forums-related. I have not finished watching Bebop yet, but it is quite good.

>sort by rating
>watches only mature anime for mature people like myself
kek

I will check it out. Isn't the Fury stuff EOLed though?

Hey there, Charlie. Wish I had more time to hang out in IRC, but work+studies+family.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202186

This R9 Fury is well priced, and a logical purchase. Unfortunately, after checking Amazon, NCIX-US, and TigerDirect, I find that this single item from Newegg is the _only_ Fury available for a good price. All the rest are out of stock, or priced normally.

Any more suggestions, comments, or criticism?

>Isn't the Fury stuff EOLed though?
That can be, looks like they are clearing stock. It's an expensive card to manufacture, they are taking loss with those prices

Most likely Newegg that is eating the loss. And Newegg can afford it.

It's time to destroy pcpartpicker.

They might be competitors, but they are nice people.

The real problem is his faction...

To the many, many people who made soooo many pictures with my hand in it (rbt.asia/g/thread/S52300971), and made me laugh till I cried... here you go.

Alliance toddlers can go back to Goldshire! Belf best elf!

thank you for your service

your good tier formed the basis of my first, new pc until I learned more about computers and grabbed up good deals

Most welcome. Guide is a community effort. Hope your PC gives you many years of happy gaming!

It is past midnight, so I am going to head to bed. If you have any comments, suggestions, or criticisms, please post and I will check this thread in the morning!