Fuck systemd. That is all

Fuck systemd. That is all.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/2361891/r
strawpoll.me/2362446/r
strawpoll.me/2362514/r
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
systemd-free.org/why.php
infoworld.com/article/2608798/data-center/systemd--harbinger-of-the-linux-apocalypse.html
blog.lusis.org/blog/2014/09/23/end-of-linux/
ewontfix.com/14/
suckless.org/sucks/systemd
devuan.org/os/init-freedom/
uselessd.darknedgy.net/ProSystemdAntiSystemd/
loggly.com/ultimate-guide/linux-logging-with-systemd/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The thing that stroke me recently is how some mad systemd shills (or Poettercuck himself, possibly) have rigged virtually every systemd-related strawpoll.

strawpoll.me/2361891/r
strawpoll.me/2362446/r
strawpoll.me/2362514/r

>tfw the fuckers weren't even trying to be subtle and make the proportions plausible, given the controversy around systemd

Sysvinit did nothing wrong.

I'm really fed up of systemd I didn't get into linux for this - I fell in love with the unix philosphy and now it's cast aside like a bag of potatoes

I liked the old system, systemd files are totally foreign to me but at least systemctl is intuitive

I'm happy systemd exists. It's been great.

Install Gentoo.

Enjoy OpenRC.

>tfw the fuckers weren't even trying to be subtle and make the proportions plausible, given the controversy around systemd

It's a vocal minority. Most people don't give a fuck and the large majority like systemd. most people don't care about "muh unix philosophy". There is a reason why systemd is default in most popular distros, because it's popular and people want it.

Pottering pls.

Systemd is in many distros because GTK3 requires it.

You really believe that over a million actual people voted (let alone voted for systemd) in that last poll? It's pretty obvious that the poll was rigged in a most obnoxious manner. The way systemd was weaseled into main distros was pretty similar.

I bet you also love things like chiclet keyboards, Intel AMT, Windows 10 "telemetry", and now the removal of the headphone jack.

>hurr luddites, new is always better because it's new, hurr

it's great from a user and sysadmin standpoint. best init system by far.

but I can understand why developers would hate it. systemd could be just as good as it currently is without being a glued together mess that tries to do everything and outputs binary logs.

You need to keep in mind that Sup Forums also fosters controversy about whether or not jet fuel melts steel beams.

There's still distros which stay clear of systemd (PCLinuxOS, Slackware, Gentoo, Void, just to name a few). Also there's *BSD if you feel you need to retreat again.

>build init around unix sockets
>get mocked for not being unix

I can tell you never used systemd in your life and you hate it because it's new.

No, I'm not fond of it because of all the things that are objectively wrong with it.

systemd-free.org/why.php
infoworld.com/article/2608798/data-center/systemd--harbinger-of-the-linux-apocalypse.html
blog.lusis.org/blog/2014/09/23/end-of-linux/
ewontfix.com/14/
devuan.org/os/init-freedom/

>tfw indifferent and mac os x
now i have 4 options

Been using Arch OpenRC for a while now and it's all i ever wanted, i'll never go back to systemd.
OpenRC requires a bit more effort when installing, after that it's just as easy to use as Lennart's systemd, but without all the sketchy junk.

Lol, its thinkpad guy !

>strawpoll.me/2362514/r
>1 million responses
like the 5K and 3K weren't enough

I can't take you guys seriously when the first link of reasons not to use systemd is muh INIX philosophy.

>Fuck you Lennart for deprecating my shitty BSD
I chuckled

I run a small headless ubuntu server. How and why does this affect me?

What? Since when gtk3 requires syatemd?

Since GTK 3.14 I think?

that's just gnome 3.8+

>I read only negative Sup Forums opinions
>RIGGED POLLS!!!! NOT EVEN SUBTLE!!

You're retarded.

>when the first link of reasons not to use systemd is muh INIX philosophy

I created a link to systemctl which I named sc. Suddenly it's not as painful.

It's open source. Don't like it? Fix it or use Windows.

Then don't fucking use it, it's free software.

If the stuff you like uses it, make a fork- it's free software.

Shut it with your whiny autism

>t. shill

>Don't like it? Fix it
I have a better idea - just don't use it at all. There are plenty of other init and supervision packages out there.
>Then don't fucking use it
Exactly. It doesn't take much to set up a supervisor, and it's less than rocket science to do it right.

BTW, socket activation is a buzzword - it's not a new concept.

Wow I'm surprised I haven't thought of this before

thanks for making my life easier, user

You won't be able to argue with these folks.

Frankly, this is more of the 1990's "let's make a free windows instead of paying for windows" mentality applied to OS X. Now it's "let's make a free OS X instead of paying for OS X".

What kills me is that OS X is such a clusterfucked design to begin with. It's like Unix fucked some cheap whore and the resulting love-child has hideous deformities. I mean, who the fuck uses a hybridized Mach/BSD kernel that underperforms on all workloads? Why the fuck are we putting XML into init, the one process you don't want complicated?

Frankly I don't give two shits. The systemd shills will continue to strut their faggot-tier software because of the bandwagon effect and they'll drink your delicious tears because they think that everyone's too fucking stupid to get off of it. It's not hard to fucking get off the systemdick, it just takes educating yourself. And by learning more than how to use a poorly designed knock-off of windows service host, you'll broaden your horizons and gain a true understanding of what is under the hood.

The real problem with systemd isn't the horrible design, the kitchen sink approach, etc. which all are valid points. The real problem is that it doesn't want you to think for yourself.

XML isn't complicated, it's just very inefficient.

uselessd.darknedgy.net/ProSystemdAntiSystemd/

OMG wallpaper please!

devil confirms

No, a strawpoll on systemd with literally over a million votes in its favor doesn't look suspicious at all.

Install PCLinuxOS
Install Devuan
Install Void
Install Slackware
Install Gentoo

systemd dindu nuffin, he a good boy enrolled in three-letter agencies.

>reading comprehension
He didn't say the poll wasn't rigged, he said the people who rigged it are a vocal minority and nobody except for us autists really give a shit about systemd.

>systemd
Binari logs top noch thinking

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

When I look at that picture, I start to hear 80s synth music, and it makes me feel at peace.

Do you even know what systemd is ??how can you shill it so much, since most of you are neets ? You are just copying opinions and post them across the web

It was literal ass

>ITT: autism

Nothing was dependent on sysvinit, therefore it could be easily replaced.
That is what it did wrong.

Systemd is a systematic compromise of GNU/Linux .It does this by design.

Systemd is an malignant anomaly in community. There has never been anything intrusive like it and it should be treated with extreme caution. Take all these simple general facts into consideration and think for yourself before mindlessly jumping on the "muh new" bandwagon:

-LARGE, FAST MOVING, INCREASINGLY COMPLEX codebase makes a proper audit infeasible considering limited resources

-dragging of many independent projects into a dependency tangle to create dependence on systemd and ensure its the only supported init

-including critical previously independent features into the init system (there is no reason for this consolidation of critical features except to get them under one source of control)

-aggressive pushing of the init system into distros with a "you're either with us or against us" mentality of development

Guys you do realize there are a ton of distros without SystemD and that you can use whatever fits your needs right?I mean I run Slackware and I setup everything so it runs fine for me.

I was never able to get a clear answer to this question:

Why, exactly, do people hate systemd?

read

>pulseaudio takes 5% of OC 6600k
>it desynces modules from their desired latency when missing cylcles under high load
>press play, wait 2 minutes, hear something
What a great dev

Systemd is modular. Only the init is PID 1.

Systemd has only 1 dependency and it's moving into the kernel.
The Gnome developers are insane and that's not systemd's fault.

>Why, exactly, do people hate systemd?
The most common reasons seem to be

1. It's different and they don't like different
2. It's made by red hat and people don't like red hat
3. They don't like not having a choice in the matter (but can't be arsed to use a distro that lets the user choose)

>Only the init is PID 1.
>Systemd has only 1 dependency
nope

Is it true systemd is a botnet/nsa?

You are free to think systemd is shit or not, but if you think it was pushed into distros forcefully you are literally retarded.

By that logic, MS Windows is modular, and all you really need is ntoskrnl.exe and possibly winlogon

>unix philosphy
Fuck off to BSD, you shit stain. Linux is NOT Unix.

My issue with it is should any part of systemd break (e.g. journald, the built in udev, etc), you can't simply disable it and replace it with an alternative program (e.g. rsyslog, eudev). One bad syslog entry could theoretically take down your entire system and there ain't shit you can do about it.

Fortunately, OpenRC exists.

loggly.com/ultimate-guide/linux-logging-with-systemd/
Dear Sir, l am wishing to help by providing the answers to the sources of vexations with the systemd.

Please see the comments to receive the help I am wanting you to see, Sir.

lol wut

BSD isn't either, in the sense that you mean. Both Linux and the BSDs have a variety of idiosyncratic APIs and features but are both fundamentally Unices, supporting POSIX and similar standards.

>BSD isn't either, in the sense that you mean.
BSD choads always preach the Unix philosophy, Linux has seperated itself from Unix since it's inception. Please do not try to put words in my mouth.

That's wrong though.

NSA wants everyone to use their shitty bloated botnet

>made by the US government's Linux distro
>suspiciously made in to a dependence of even the most innocent software
>code is confusing and obscured
>it can't just sit on the system so a program can use it
>if you have it, you use it, even in place of other init systems you've chosen
>taken up even by "slow" distros way ahead of their usual uptake

Am I the only one who thinks, even outside of the actual function of the software, that the history surrounding it is sketchy as fuck?

It's botnet

Well, look who comes crawling back...