Pebble closing shop

It's official, Pebble is dead.

gizmodo.com/pebble-is-dead-and-its-customers-are-completely-screwe-1789775408

What you need to know
Pebble is no longer promoting, manufacturing, or selling any devices.
Pebble devices will continue to work as normal. No immediate changes to the Pebble user experience will happen at this time.
Pebble functionality or service quality may be reduced in the future.
Kickstarter backers will get refunds for any unfulfilled rewards by March 2017.
One-to-one Pebble support is no longer available.
Warranty support is no longer available for Pebble watches.
All unfulfilled pebble.com orders will be canceled and—if payment was taken—refunded.
Returns of pebble.com orders successfully completed before December 7, 2016 will be processed and refunded by our Support Team.
Pebble watches purchased at retail may be returned or exchanged based on the retailer’s return policy.
Pebblers can still find replacement charging cables and other compatible accessories (bands, skins, etc.) from Amazon.com and third-party vendors like GadgetWraps and Clockwork Synergy.
Developers have an exciting opportunity to reach and delight over 50 million users and counting.

Rip the only good smartwatch.

>tfw you join a pebble group and the deal leaks the night of a meet
it was like a bomb went off there, i'm so bad at picking stuff up.

they should allow the customers to get a copy of the server services and databases so we can run that for our personal devices

i dont really follow smartwatch stuff but was pebble the first smartwatch? or the first to popularize it?

it was the first affordable smartwatch afaik, sony had a smartwatch out before it.

It is/was a smartwatch with a non-dogshit sdk and battery life measured in days.

>yfw they didn't take the 740 million deal with citizen in 2015
J U S T
U
S
T

>Mfw some people actually fell for the smartwatch meme

So many fags shilled for pebble on g, just another evidence that g is always wrong

One time electricity was a meme too so posting that doesnt make you look cool just pathetic desu

>He doesn't browse Sup Forums on his watch

Of course the only good wrist device with any battery time worth talking about gets fucked over.

Guess the big guys couldn't take the competition?

nah, pebble just never caught on.

don't even look at the numbers v. fitbit, unless you want to cry.

This, if they really cared about their customers they'd open source everything
But who am I kidding, that stuff could probably be sold for millions to some dumb idiots

Pebble was way before the smartwatch meme.

fitbit paid for just that, and got some devs as a bonus.

Notice how all the successful smartwatch companies rebranded their devices as "fitness" trackers.
What the fuck did pebble do other than display notifications from your phone?
Didn't you already have the phone?
Their biggest mistake was continuing to support ALL their devices for life.

Pebble watch? More like suicide watch

Battery life in days, got in late with the last pebble they are releasing, but so far it has been great for sleep tracking, media play/pause, and a proper watch.

Guess I'm stuck with it until it blows up and hope there is a good alternative when that happens

Well memed, user-kun

>they all fell for the smartwatch meme
>all of them

HA!

And I just receive my Pebble 2. What the fuck.

I love my gold Pebble Time Steel. Beautiful screen, solid build, quick to charge, long lasting battery, consistent software and firmware updates (they're on version 4.3 and it got better every time). I could use it to change songs mid shower for fucks sake. The only thing they could have improved on was the bezel and that's what they promised with the Time Steel 2.

RIP, we love you ;_;

Apparently they were bankrupt and sold for just 25mil.

Fitbit is just gonna trash the line too. It was just taking out competiion for them.

Two week battery life, voice replies, remote control functions, fitness tracking, always on and viewable screen.

Honestly, pebble was the only smartwatch worth considering.

>People are literally buying Fitbit over these massively more functional watches

>Citizen
No

I get 5 days on my Pebble. 2 weeks if you airplane mode it after work maybe

I'm just hoping to be able to grab a cheap-ass Pebble Time now

its a watch, the main function is to display the time and a bunch of notifications, I won't care about not getting updates or support

still kinda sad tho

F

>not using sundials
>too good for casio f-91w/ca53w-1

plebbles on suicide watch LMFAO

This is why you don't give Jews any money if you don't get the product right then and there.

go to bed Eric

Once they unplug the servers they will also manage to screw people over who got the finished product.

So, uh, any deals on Pebble watches?

HA

I remember when the Kickstarter began and everyone thought it was the greatest thing. Then it was delayed about two years and forgotten.

IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING, FIRE SALE GOING ON ALL OVER

Oh shit there's already tons of people listing their Pebbles for silly money on ebay. RIP.

...and nothing of value was lost.

>time 2 never

Pretty fucking pissed about this. Bought a Pebble at the Start of this year... I loved it, and now I'm just fucked... Fucking fitbit

i'm pretty salty about this. i bought a pebble 2se for black friday and it's a fantastic device, but soon will be a fantastic paperweight.

apparently the blame is with the pebble ceo who had absolutely no idea how to budget. there were "hacked posts" made to his reddit account claiming they had no idea how much it was going to cost to produce the new devices and raised only half as much.

>he turned down a $3/4 billion offer from citizen

Not a smartwatch user, but why do you need a server for a watch that is tied to youe smart phone?

Link that, need another one.

Who fucking cares.

most pebble services run through their server, but it isn't really nessecery. running shit through servers is a good way for them to aquire user data, so many companies force it. there are already 3rd party devs with a pebble replacement app that only needs to be paired to a phone with internet.

the appstore is on the server too, of course. so pretty soon it won't be much of a smartwatch.

Good, you deserve it.

so its a e-ink like screen?
connect to phone via bluetooth and also standalone to cellphone grid for calls and sms?

>a pebble replacement app that only needs to be paired to a phone with internet.
hhhuh, why not paired with a phone without internet, you know, as an accessory

but wait, before, pebble could connect via internet directly to servers?

>the appstore is on the server too, of course. so pretty soon it won't be much of a smartwatch.
isnt it an android platform with open sdk ? surely ppl can just copy apk directly into it?

wow I'm surprised they lasted so long. their watches looked like shit