PC BUILD - PSU???

On a tight budget and wondering if anyone could recommend me a 600w + PSU at a cheaper cost?

Also;

Rate my specs:

intel i5 6600k - newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117561

GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125901

HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB)

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820104462

MOTHERBOARD : GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-H170-Gaming 3

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128863&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-VigLink2-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=8167422&SID=iwfjc0ksqb0035wt00053

ALSO, could I downgrade the motherboard? im pushing my budget

ty

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151136&ignorebbr=1
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438014
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151074
canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=33_1238_442&item_id=063157
pcpartpicker.com/products/power-supply/
pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/
logicalincrements.com/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130918&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-LogicalIncrements.com Inc-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10440897&PID=5961731&SID=0
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157685&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Motherboards - Intel-_-N82E16813157685&gclid=CjwKEAiAg5_CBRDo4o6e4o3NtG0SJAB-IatYMNQQN7TGFjyTZgyJ9ro0Nnl-Ephu6eS-5IqF197EdxoCkgfw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Define your budget. If you can't afford EVGA or SeaSonic I know for a fact that fsp (fortron) makes rather cheap but very good psus.

>600W
>for that
Spend less by not buying a 600W power supply when you can get by with 450 or even less.

I would like to spend less than $80 CA. thanks for the response

I feel I need at least 600W because of ProTools. I'll also be gaming but i'm sure yes that requires less

Haha this can't be real.

yes your correct, I do not know computers well.. do you know running DAW's well though?

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151136&ignorebbr=1

There you go you stupid leaf. Now fuck off.

I need to be able to run at least 48 tracks with plug ins up your ass...

>newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151136&ignorebbr=1
Question, would you say if I went cheaper than that..... the psu's will start to be shit?

>K CPU
>H chipset

Get a regular 6600 or even 6500 dummy

At least if it's shit EVGA has great customer support so they will send you a new one.

K? H?

maybe 6600 would be enough... everywhere online says I should get atleast i7 for running large protools files

appreciate the responses nigs

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151074
Here, fuck off.

>newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151074
thanks buddi guy:) im still skeptical of going lower than 500w though ...... are you assuming because i know jack shit about computers that I wont be using the PC for heavy shit nigga? i wanna run skryim on ultra sorta thing, bitcsh

it's fine, just buy it and shut the fuck up you fucking leaf

Sup Forums seems uneducated in the PC audio production world

430W is more than enough for what you're doing. Also you need a Z mobo if you want to overclock that 6600k CPU. Get a non-k intel if you have no interest in overclocking it and a B or H mobo to save some money that way.

niga

what about this ?
canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=33_1238_442&item_id=063157

EITHER spend more get a Z170 mobo so you can overclock which means you need a good cooler on it

OR get a i5 6500 and drop the h170 to a b150 or h110 and use the stock cooler with the 6500.

Your build is more than enough for modern gaming at 1080p 60 fps with either CPU which means its obviouslt good enough for Skyrim. If youre overclocking do not drop below a good rated 500w so you have trouble. A lower rated 600w is good too.

thank you for your help. what does the B and H stand for? also, right now on newegg.ca the 6600 and 6600k have about a $15 price difference...

He may not but I do, and the max power consumption depends more on the parts than the apps you run. You wont draw more power than the components can handle. Unless you've got a virus or some shit.

ANY b150 or h110? don't know what it means but ill just search for those keywords...

I want to know why you think a DAW is somehow going to change the maximum possible power consumption of your PC. A GTX 1060 and a 6600k is just not going to draw more than a few hundred watts.

I don't know why. I'm just still to this second reading online that I need higher specs to run the kind of pro tools sessions I have.

I doubt it, are you recording an orchestra or something?

yes lol. I have access to other session files too

so I should only get the 6600k if im going to overclock....... but if not get the 6600 or 6500? the 6600 is benchmarked as much better

Right, so a 6600k will be more than enough for recording your mixtape to send to Drake.

Only pay for the k variant if you are also getting a Z branded mobo to overclock that CPU. If you aren't interested in that at all just save your money and get a well rated B or H mobo that has all the basic features you'll need. Just get whatever fits your budget. Fuck the benchmarks, it won't matter to you for what you're doing.

they're budget chipsets for mobos, h110 is the budget chipset for consumer grade mobos while b150 is the budget chipset for business grade mobos for whichever reason keep on being made into gaming mobos.

how about this?

CPU
Intel Core i5-6500
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060
Memory
Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB)
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H170-GAMING 3
PSU
SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze
Primary Storage
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB

never buy gigabyte anything

>ate] [Auto] 1 new post
bias?

i just had bad experience with 3 of their mobos dying one after the other couple of years ago

Graphics cards cards arnt good for overclocking either

noted. thank you

>Intel Core i5-6500
why not the 6600? it's pretty much the 6600k without the overclocking.

>EVGA GeForce GTX 1060
unless you are going for a compact build, go with a graphics card that has 2 fans and a larger heatsink, better having two fans at low rpm than one fan at high rpm.

>SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze
if you can, try to go with a fully modular psu, it's annoying being stuck with extra cables you are not using.

DIABLO TEK SON

New games will use more electricity than your DAW no matter what you're recording because they'll load the CPU and the GPU at the same time, the DAW won't use the GPU at all. You're looking at a 200w load worst scenario from the computer while recording.

You should make sure that you have back-up storage so you don't lose your work as well.

Yeah ill get a 1060 with 2 fans. What I'm stuck on is PSU... preferably less than $80 Ca.

I also keep reading in reviews about PSU's dying after a couple of months.... comments on that? I want to just buy the cheapest 600w I find... but..

any comments on "CoolMax" PSU's? Cheap af

make sure to know what psu's the comments are talking about and unless it's user error, avoid those like the plague. to stay safe, go with reliable big name psu manufactures like EVGA, Cooler master, Corsair or whatever that are highly rated and rated a lot as you can put more trust in the product you are buying.

don't cheap out on psu's, because if it's fucked, your other parts might be fucked, and you will definitely be fucked.

pcpartpicker.com/products/power-supply/
this might help

you are such a fucking retard, why doesn't your stupid ass listen instead of look for validation?

because I'm using all of you for my benifit and I don't give a shit. I do appreciate it though :)

SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT MOBO TO BUY:( UNDER $100 CA PLSSSS

>because I'm using all of you for my benifit
You're not even doing that because you ignore every piece of free advice you're given.

MSI b150m mortar

Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H GSM Micro-ATX Motherboard

there you go, and here have some links

pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/

logicalincrements.com/

Ive never met a mind reader b4, cool

I don't think OP has the mental capacity to properly assemble a PC.

>comments on why it won't turn on???

I guess I'm asking for problems if I say I wan't something cheaper?

it's not hard to do, and your an idiot to think it is

>your

I would not recommend running ProTools. That shit is known for frying CPUs.

BAM exactly why i thought i need better parts

yaya

problems in function and likelihood of your whole computer blowing up? no, but other than just cutting off your ability to overclock, you start to corner yourself in what you can do with your pc. less fans, less SATA ports, less ram slots, less pci slots, but if you run the basics of what a computer needs, this will get you by no problem.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130918&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-LogicalIncrements.com Inc-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10440897&PID=5961731&SID=0

also, if you are still being a cheap bastard, here, the cheapest ddr4, h110,LGA1151 mobo out there, it's also made by asrock, lucky you.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157685&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Motherboards - Intel-_-N82E16813157685&gclid=CjwKEAiAg5_CBRDo4o6e4o3NtG0SJAB-IatYMNQQN7TGFjyTZgyJ9ro0Nnl-Ephu6eS-5IqF197EdxoCkgfw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

would I be able to run heavily modded games with these?

it would be difficult without a powerful cooler

so low budget mobos require a cooler?

What's what the lowest/cheapest mobo I should buy that will let me run any game high mods/grahpics?? thanks

mobos have next to nothing to do with in-game performance, the cpu and gpu would do all the work, these mobos can hold the latest cpus and ram. best you have a good cooler to keep your cpu from getting hot from stress.

Stop spoonfeeding this mouthbreather, let him spend some time looking at build guides on youtube or something.

it's all right to buy a cheap motherboard, but you'll need to get a cooler too. it's about balancing the budget in the way that will give you the best value for your money

Sorry, the scent of retardation just came out of nowhere.

that mobo is around $100 in canada :(

you guys want a really retarded question to kek over?

there are cheaper mobos out there, just not supporting new cpus and ddr4, you are what they call "shit out of luck"

give me a giggle

>audio production

Just get a Mac

>a fucking leaf complaining about prices

Someone has to pay sales tax for all those refugees!

PSU is that last thing you want to go cheap on. Something very minor could happen and your entire rig could be fried. If it came down to it, I'd recommend going down on the gpu to like a 1050 and make sure your power supply is good. I personally prefer corsair or evga power supplys because of the looks and both companies are very reliable

That's because your currency isn't worth shit, man. Don't assume that they're the same just because they have the same name.

what makes you say downgrade to 1050? would the 1060 be too hard on parts?

1060 would overdraw the PSU, causing it to stagnate.

could I run guild wars ultra hd with that?

shit.. unless if I get a good one ...?

The card can provide desktop quality ultra HD.

would this do the trick?

Long story
I fucked up and bought a 1000watt psu
What should i do with it? What is the use of a 1000w psu that i will fully utilize it?

For you? Nothing, other than hopefully learning a valuable lesson about trying not to be such an ignorant doofus.

>mfw i just today built my new computer with the 600w version of that psu
>mfw first computer I've built in a couple years

>tfw you fall for the seasonic meme
>Buy m12ii evo
>Fan constantly super loud, other people online have same issue
>GPU for some reason only works when plugged into a certain PSU output, caused me to waste £30 on GPU RMA shipping + processing after trying literally other possible troubleshooting step when GPU is actually perfectly fine
>Still under warranty but the shipping cost / hastle of RMAing /not being able to use my computer for 2+ weeks means it's probably easier to just buy a new PSU.

Don't fall for the seasonic meme guys. I paid over the average because I wanted a good quality product, and got cucked instead. My friends corsair PSU cost way less, works perfectly fine and has all the fancy fan idle at low usage stuff.

This is the first time I've heard of Seasonic not working out for someone on Sup Forums.

alright fags, i decided.

MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

INTEL i5 6600

MOBO
MSI H110M Gaming LGA 1151 Intel H110 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Micro ATX Intel

PSU
EVGA 600 B1 100-B1-0600-KR 80+ BRONZE 600W

RAM
Ballistix Elite 8GB Kit (4GB x 2) DDR4 3000 MT/s (PC4-24000) DIMM 288-Pin Memory - BLE2K4G4D30AEEA

lol 600w power supply for that dinky lil machine. meme gaming ram, too. you're just a shitter.

what will be some future limitations with that mobo?

is the ram overkill????

it's overpriced non standard bullshit with a flaky overclock by who the fuck ever also
>bronze power supply in 2017.

.... should i do gold? i dont get it

Why do you need a 600w+ psu? I'm going with an evga g2 550w for an i5 6600k + 1070 build and that will be more than okay, get a good quality psu at a lower rated wattage than 700w please

6600K is only $4 more than the 6600

just change the ram

Seasonic. Every other PSU I bought failed within two months of the warranty expiration.

If you wait and watch slickdeals.net, you'll find a good price.

what ddr4 would you recommend? budget ,,,

Crucial or G.skill. Seriously stop being such a god damn nigger and use logicalincrements and stop trying to save every fucking penny. You get what you pay for. This thread is an embarrassment to Sup Forums.

>tfw my shitty shaw psu is still powering on with near the same setup

How long intil it fries my shit?

balistik are made by crucial you assfuk

>not having a future proof PSU
Sup Forums truly is the worst poorfag board