/guts/ - Cables don't do anything edition

/guts/ - Cables don't do anything edition.

Let's start this off fresh. Brand spanking new build, but the aftermarket cables I bought would not transfer power so I had to stick with stock.

Post em.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0723572895
pcpartpicker.com/list/2HpcGf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that case is fucking perfect

i'm surprised a 550w can power all of that
what are your rx480 temps when benching or in games?
and how much did it all cost?

Haven't tried benching it yet. Total I think I spent around $1250.

Blue sata cables. Nice. Shame about the braided cables. Did you check to make sure they were fully seated into the end? Sometimes they're not snapped all the way in or can come out. Try running your front I/O cables in where you run the power cables to the back side. Would look nicer. 6/10 as is.

"But mom I need a full tower"

Yes I tried the atx cable in multiple ways, no power was being transferred. Going through a RMA at the moment.

ouchie.
what to do with all that powaaa

It was really a birthday gift to myself last week. I haven't bought myself something this nice in years. Gotta splurge sometimes you know?

nice/10
also I'm pretty sure is a mid tower

Too lazy to take good pix.

all that effort for 2014 specs

any reason why you are running your ram in single channel mode instead of dual channel?

Why is your PC upside-down?

never herd of the inverted case by corsair called the 600c?

Why would anyone want that? For what purpose?

because some of us like it? i mean gosh some people have different taste.

You like upside down things? Do you have anything else upside down?

Does your battlestation require you to place your case in a location where a traditional window would be blocked from view? Then an inverted case can help with that.

Excuse my shit-tier photo editing skills

Love this setup. Pieced it together last week. Only 1 200mm case fan. Very quiet and my temps have been great.

Eww, Thermalfake.

>3gb
>in sli
why even...
>those timings
>only 300mhz more than ddr3 with far more latency
whyy

I mean
It was made in February of 2014 so...

3GB? Huh? 3GB What?

in that case, carry on

R8/h8

This is what I just built.

So my phone rotated the picture...... Here are the spec's....

Jealous of that cable managements for mini

I can't get shit for management in my 250d

Can anyone recommend a decent Mini ITX for full size card and an H100i V2? But not Thermaltake their shit is ugly.

Good cable management, it's really clean looking especially next to the backplane.

I have almost exactly the same Supermicro motherboard as you, except mines the X10DAX.

What fan grilles are on those bottom fans? They look like the ones Silverstone integrates in their weak-ass AP series. If I'm not mistaken, they should work the same too.

you do know its quad channel right? quad channel 2666mhz butt rapes even dual channel 4000 for breakfast.

see pic related. that 3200mhz quad channel kit makes dual channel 4000 cry in a corner.

>only 300mhz more than ddr3 with far more latency
Nigger, lrn2read memory frequency
Those are running at 2666MHz, moron.

No, he genuinely thought you were running a set of DDR4-1333

Which case is this

>weak-ass AP series
Show some respect. Those were some of the first static pressure optimized fans around, and were fantastic for quiet use on radiators when they were first released.

My iMac

There is no special cable management spots on that Core V21. I have just been building PC's since the 90's. A time where you actually had to conduct real cable management.

Now people simply shove a bunch of wires behind the motherboard tray and stick just the ends through some rubber grommets. If you open up the backside of the case it's a mess. Not really cable management, just hiding cables.

>own ghetto imac
>own cat
>cat pisses all over exposed parts
10/10

I have an S340 and it seems like if I try to manage cables shit is gonna start breaking,

That just means you're doing it wrong.

Would /guts/ enjoy or at least have some peaked interest in shitty youtube/text based reviews of obscure and all kinds of junk you'd want to attach to your rig?

Threads are dying pretty fast and some small tutorials on certain builds or purchases would be nice too, and I wouldn't really go maximum shillbot since ordering from china and asian countries takes ages and there really wouldn't be a big viewerbase for it.

what case

>windows phone owner
nice to meet ya :D not a lot of us here

meant to say obscure cases, whoops

installing all those pipes and pumps just to move radiator by 15 cm is the most retarded thing ever

Has anyone tried fitting a custom watercooling loop inside one of these?
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0723572895

Corsair 88R

Lian Li PC-V355B

Skylake edition.

>bought an EVGA meme PCIe power bridge
>isn't using it
Also
>RAM fans
What is this, the early 2000s?

I can do whatever the fuck I want.

Then why did you waste money on the meme power bridge? That's $30 you could have spent on not making your case look like riced shit.

>Those are running at 2666MHz, moron.
which is 333 more than 2333 ddr3 you dumbfuck.

i did not realize it was quad, i am impressed. y only 32gb tho?
3gb vram

Please explain

Because EVGA gave them out for free to 10 series owners.

go for it lad

pcpartpicker.com/list/2HpcGf
Monitor and ocz ssd I reused.
This ram is unstable so I will have to return for something else.

wouldn't having fans over your vrms or NB/SB heatsinks be far more beenficial than the bullshit ram fans?

How bad is it anons? I transplanted all my parts out of a CM Haf X

its gone

Ha how did i fuck that up?

>retarded ass CPU
>Those ram timings
>that fucking monitor
>strix
>all around retarded build
>adds pictures of GPU boxes
God your a fucking moron user, actually kill yourself

How the fug did you get the monitor for $130

Gud
I love this
Kinda gross
Ugly as shit, by far the most autistic build in this thread
Aesthetically pleasing, I like the color of the LEDs
Never been a fan of blue but it looks nice
Explosion.jpg
>strix
Why do that to yourself
Explosion edition

What's the trouble with Strix?

That is the graphics card you mean right?

I make sure to beat my cat often enough so that it fears of getting near the desk without my explicit permission of tapping on the desk.

Strix is the most expensive after market.
Provides best cooling performance, but for what might be an unjustifiable price

No not at all
The issue is subpar cooling for ridiculous prices because of my meme LEDs and the customer support for ASUS will fuck you over any chance they get along with the fact that strix cards have a massive failure rate if you ever overclock, horrible stutters and artifacts
>inb4 works on my machine

It's literally $400 though

????

Anticipating the release of the Phanteks Evolv Elite, but, so far no word of it yet. Will probably do a dual-system build with my build, and the girlfriends. Two 480mm rads for mine, and maybe a 360mm for hers since that would be more than plenty.

It's a standard mATX case
Here's my much cheaper case gut

>standard
i've never had a drive bay under the gpu like that

That's the psu, the HDD bays were to the right of the psu like op pic but I took mine out

>but I took mine out
why?

It was ugly and I've been SSD master race for years, not because of airflow reasons

I have a N200, it's a nice case and the more I look at op pic the more it looks the same internally. The N200 has an extra 3.5" bay (under my optical drive bay) and ops case has an extra top fan spot (meaning top 240mm radiatior support too)
My N200 was $50, $25 after rebate, not bad at all for $25 I think

lol
i miss crysis 2 online :(

>glass panel on the side
into the garbage it goes
jk it's helpfull to see if the fans are spinning

Wait of the N200?
No this is the N200 here

What is this?

Bumpin

Hi

7/10 for running your ram In single channel. Got any Oc on that cpu ? Nice teal data cable
6/10 ever consider a new case ?
10/10 awesome as always
Specs/10 ? Purpose ? Taped cable
I don't understand spending that much and not take the time for proper cable management and a better picture.
Also picture of boxes ? 8/10
9/10 really like it , does building upside down feels different ?
9/10 great as always , specs ?
7/10 interesting case , any Oc ?
7/10 specs ? Purpose ?
7/10 1080 for 1080p ? Any monitor upgrade planned ? Also what's up with the GPU bracket ? Was it sagging that much ?
Ghetto/10
Poo in the loo/10 specs ? How's was the building process in that case ?
7/10 specs ?
9/10 awesome as always , that bottom left sleeved always trigger my autism sadly. Is it the only way?
9/10 great build really. Does the ram fan really help ? Specs ?
7/10 too bad for the ram! Nice specs , any Oc?
7/10 always a challenge to have led without them being too bright , specs ?
10/10 awesome as always
Spaghetti/10
10/10 as always
9/10 awesome LEDs game
Specs?

What case is that?

No OC on the CPU yet. Fixed my RAM, don't know what I was thinking when I did that. Teal cables are from my old Gigabyte mobo.

Why take pictures of the boxes?

nase m1