Search engines

Sup Forums, is this the best search engine???

After I started using 4chanx extension, I noticed yandex links to search for images and tried it a few times. Every fucking image I tried to search for, I managed to find it on yandex and also found the biggest versions. Google returned half-as-many results and even if you went into Tools and searched for the biggest size, it never managed to find as many images as yandex.

Does anyone use this search engine for anything else? Would you recommend it?

Anyway, to make this thread more general, what search engine do you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

searx.me
duckduckgo.com
startpage.com
google.com
yandex.ru
github.com/JeremyRand/YaCyIndexerGreasemonkey
yandex.com/images/search?text=doggo&img_url=https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Jkom5Ajo0iQ/hqdefault.jpg&pos=2&rpt=simage
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he doesn't use a meta search engine that uses all search engines

I actually do use that. But it sucks for images...

How does it suck? It's literally using the engine you tell it to use.

Even bing is better at searching images and videos than google

>How does it suck? It's literally using the engine you tell it to use.
How the fuck do you even search images with it?

Never liked Bing.
I think all these US-based search engines suck at shit that I search for because of the fucking DMCAs.

Yandex is owned by the russian government but i honestly trust them more than anything hosted in the usa

>owned by the russian government
Bullshit. It's private company.

I actually use mail.ru because it's impossible for eff-bee-ayy to get my mail. and russian gov doesn't give a fuck about what I do since I'm not working for Soros and trying to overthrow them. kek

anyway, if you're in the US, move to services hosted in countries that don't cooperate with US gov. that's better than encryption.

Order is from best to worst
>Your own Searx instance + own YaCy peer
>searx.me (wolfram alpha + ddg instant answers + wikipedia is all you need)
>duckduckgo.com (bangs are super comfortable as fuck and instant answers kills google)
>startpage.com (will also aggregate results soon a la ixquick)
>google.com (for maps and directions, after a while on personalising results it is harder to break the asymptotic bound of the filter bubble)
>yandex.ru (for eastern world shit)
>Anything else

Worth mentioning iis:
>YaCy + that autoindexer (a la "personalised" results) script github.com/JeremyRand/YaCyIndexerGreasemonkey

>private company
>in communist russia
>where the government plays a hand in everything

>>duckduckgo.com (bangs are super comfortable as fuck and instant answers kills google)
trusting a jew who sells your info to advertisers and used to be a spammer in the past.. also, based in the US which means even a fucking warrant from a local judge can get your data.

ISHYGDDT

But if i let them read my normie emails i blend in

Why did anyone think they could trust duck duck go on the first place

Today, Bing.com honored Perl Harbor victims while Google did nothing. But Google always pushed faggotry and feminazi and black "people" all the fucking time.

Google also censored autocomplete search results that were negative of Clinton. Google's literally the fucking cancer of the web. Fuck everything they do.

>>in communist russia
US is more communist than the US these days. Get on with the times, gramps.

>Why did anyone think they could trust duck duck go on the first place
ppl easily fall for memes

Jay1964, 7/12/2010

"They most likely will not. That would require them showing support for America! Being that they are left leaning, that would not be a good thing for them.

I will bet, they WILL have something up in no time for a Islamic day."

>How the fuck do you even search images with it?
This isn't hard user...
and it depends what theme you are using

ah, I have JS disabled by default for all sites, including searx, so didn't see it. I tried it now.. not bad but I like Yandex image search a bit better.

yandex.com/images/search?text=doggo&img_url=https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Jkom5Ajo0iQ/hqdefault.jpg&pos=2&rpt=simage

Notice how you can save image with one click and also find the largest version. You can also use keyboard to go through results.

It's fucking great to have options.

yes it is

Russia is not communist, but you must to collaborate with Russian authorities or they'll stump you.
It's not like West is better in this case, but privacy in Russia means nothing. See: Durov.

>>Russia is not communist, but you must to collaborate with Russian authorities or they'll stump you.
>It's not like West is better in this case, but privacy in Russia means nothing. See: Durov.
Since I don't live there and will never even visit, I honestly couldn't care less what they do. All I know is that email, search history, messages etc. is much safer there since US courts can't get their hands on it.

If you use any other US or EU-based service, you're fucked. Even Germans are now cooperating with 5-Eyes and are sending everything to Bluffdale, UT for indefinite storage so it can be used against you in the future.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center

Im too normie to using any of those hardcore privacy non-goverment search engines. I just use the shit that 'just werks' and that seems to be googl.

prob is that google is too censored. all the good shit is removed.

Qwant.com or duckduckgo.com

well, I guess it wants to follow the law.
If you want to avoud censorship you should use other engines, yeah.

now that all good music torrent sites are gone, I've been searching for music on download sites and everything on google's DMCAed. can't find anything on google anymore.

ixquick is best

Did you not notice the flag you cuckwit?

Yandex is the best for images. For web search there''s less censorship than on Google but sometimes the most relevant result is the 4th or 5th instead of being the 1st.