en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FX!32
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Near perfect emulation of old windows programs

Almost like apple when it weny from 68k to PPC and then to x86

x86 IS FINISHED
HOW WILL IT EVER RECOVER?

>Full Access: x86 Win32 apps through emulation
Can they pull it off?

Yeah they're totally fucking done. Can't wait to render a 60m poly scene on a cell phone processor.

THE FUTURE IS HERE.

checked

they did, with a caveat

>32-bit applications only, 64-bit Win32 apps need not apply

The vast majority of Windows software still exists in 32-bit so not much of an issue.

Wonder if with it I could install steam on something like a RPi for in-home streaming (like a poor man's steam link)

RPi is too fucking slow man, it already struggles running Raspbian with a GUI, you really think it can handle more than Windows 10 IoT?

You don't need windows for in-home streaming

The video in OPs link made a point that it's on 64bit windows. How is it only 32 bit programs?

I am guessing they do some hardware emulation of x86 but not x64 instructions. maybe some licensing bullshit? or maybe just something coming at a later date?

either way MS have shown they are pretty fucking good at different architecture emulation with what they managed to do with the xbox one. so i am very interested to see what they do here also.

The OS and any native applications are 64bit, any emulated x86 applications are 32bit only for now.

you'll run out of memory before the CPU chokes. and that's just trying to display the damn thing.

Is Microsoft trying to redeem itself? First Surface Studio, then Edge, then this? It's working on me at least

>you'll run out of memory

I regularly render scenes of that scale, and no I do not.

60m is not as much as you think it is, even standard viewport work on 3DS Max can handle that active with some chugging.

Or when you accidentally set 11 iteration turbosmooths when you meant to set up 11 render iterations.

>11 subdivisions
What the fuck?

Isn't this Windows RT?

If they want to redeem themselves I would expect this update to be pushed to Surface RT.

So windows also has no games now?

No body confirm it's 32-bit only yet. Even 32-bit only It's still anything but no game.

>Is Intel finished?
On mobile maybe, anything in need of performance or virtualization will still be running better on intel stuff.

But they are smart people, they may already have the patents for some homegrown arm compatible chips.

>doing industrial work on home equipment in the first place

Stop pretending you actually do any paid work on your computer.

>Pi is 100x powerful than an Amiga
>"You can't do anything on it! It's the hardware's fault!"

Pajeet tier "developer" spotted

>hardware emulation

>x86 emulator
I'm actually impressed.

you've been able to run non-native binaries in linux with qemu for ages
# qemu-aarch64-static /usr/bin/file /usr/bin/uname
/usr/bin/uname: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, ARM aarch64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1, for GNU/Linux 3.7.0, BuildID[sha1]=204372091ede886c4e25e27f87fff60ddd4621f8, stripped
# qemu-aarch64-static ./usr/bin/uname -a
Linux mikurok-main 4.8.12-2-ck #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Dec 7 17:28:40 AEST 2016 aarch64 GNU/Linux

>still no proper OS
No

You can run qemu on Windows too

yea, i know

just saying running non-native binaries without a full machine emulator is nothing new

should have just said qemu rather than "in linux", though
qemu runs on lots of os's

>windowscentral.com/microsoft-announces-windows-10-arm

where is your god now?

youtube.com/watch?v=yG_kabHq5ew

>tfw they won't release a normal ARM compiler, only one for metro trash
>you will be basically forced to use edge because every other browser will be slow and emulated
Good thinking MS

Why though?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FX!32