ITS OVER SYSTEMD IS FINISHED

Why haven't you upgraded to Devuan Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

devuan.org/
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
systemd-free.org/why.php
infoworld.com/article/2608798/data-center/systemd--harbinger-of-the-linux-apocalypse.html
blog.lusis.org/blog/2014/09/23/end-of-linux/
ewontfix.com/14/
suckless.org/sucks/systemd
devuan.org/os/init-freedom/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Links to download Devuan latest beta
devuan.org/
devuan.org/
devuan.org/

Yet another meme distro

How do they deal with systemd dependent software like gnome?

Check out funtoo

Just don't fucking use gnome. There's a shit ton of DEs out there that all do the same

It doesn't, the installation will fail if you select Gnome, Cinnamon or the like.

Yeah, loving it

Ayy don't give a shit.

Sign of a meme distro

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
systemd-free.org/why.php
infoworld.com/article/2608798/data-center/systemd--harbinger-of-the-linux-apocalypse.html
blog.lusis.org/blog/2014/09/23/end-of-linux/
ewontfix.com/14/
suckless.org/sucks/systemd
devuan.org/os/init-freedom/

Install PCLinuxOS
Install Devuan
Install Void
Install Slackware
Install Gentoo

Without saying the words 'too big', 'depend' and 'Unix design philosophy', explain what is wrong with systemd.

>Sign of a meme distro
This tbqh senpai

Have a look at any of the links in the post right before yours.

>2016
>hating on convenience

Pretty sure all the niches are already filled by existing distros. What does it bring to the table that would enable to supplant one of them?

It's not convenience, it's obscurity masked as convenience. There's obviously much more there going on under the hood than those 15 lines, but it's hidden away from you. For as long as everything happens to work it may appear to be more convenient. Once something breaks, you're usually screwed pretty much.

The goal is for it to be Debian as it should have been, had the debacle of 2014 (when the decision to adopt systemd was made) been averted.

So, how it differs from Debian with systemd pinned down to -1. Debian still provides other init systems.

This.

>2016
>hating on simplicity

systemd looks far more robust and professional. not a good example

I rather install gentoo than use a bloated distro

Looks like it essentially works like daemontools, a very robust piece of software.

gentoo is bloated as fuck
emerge take ages to calculate all dependencies and use flags on a weak pc.
What kind of shit distro writes its package manager in Python anyway?

>systemd is driving “just google the problem” attitude, because how the hell are you expected to troubleshoot this kind of error otherwise?
systemd confirmed for pajeet software

>systemd fags will always find a reason to defend their clusterfuck
Windows 10 also looks robust and professional but it's a huge pile of shit.
runit does fast and parallel boot, per process logging, and process supervision and restarting with only a few binaries a few KBs each and 3 line service files. Which also makes it simple and stable as fuck.
There was no need to create systemd, there already were working alternatives that already fixed a lot of problems you like to whine about.

Deprecated as fuck.

Devuan is a downgrade, the guy running it is a failed Italian liberal arts student who tried scamming the European Union out of a load of funding money in the mid 2000's.

Also the only reason for Devuan is because Franco Lanza cannot make a popular distro, his dyne:bolic which he used to try scam EU grants with is proof of this, Devuan even uses the scammers lists.dyne.org as it's email lists.

I wonder where all the donations to Devuan have gone?

i'm not a systemd advocate, i just think that it looks better in that particular example. in fact i'm considering installing openrc in my antergos machine to get rid of that cancer

>Windows 10 also looks robust and professional
whatever you say, boss

you forgot Obarun

or at least this for Arch
>needs mkdir /etc/sv/

NSA pls go

SystemD makes me really miss Upstart.
It was a better SysV init. Unfortunately it lacked critical functionality such as a WHOLE FUCKING GODDAMNED WEB SERVER WHAT THE FUCK.

I don't know why Sup Forums, but SystemD makes me unreasonably mad.

>I don't know why Sup Forums, but SystemD makes me unreasonably mad.
Just looking at Poettering's face makes one rage.

if it wasn't for Sup Forums I didn't even remember I had systemd installed.

It's not even a real web server.
I still need to run Apache - that's just unacceptable fragmentation!

I propose merging systemd and Apache to achieve a more streamlined experience that can compete with Microsoft.

That sounds stupid, why don't they just remove it from the options?

>inconsistency is bad on Windows 10
It has a very monotone UI, if it weren't inconsistent you wouldn't be able to see shit on it.

you can still install Gnome on the bsd's. If you can't get the Devuan to run debian's gnome you could always use the freebsd binaries to build a non systemd version. Or you could just quit being a faggot.

This why I hate all the FOSS world, there is no single one thing just work, but instead, you have thousands of half-ass semi programs that barely to get your job done.
Everything is fucking buggy when you do actual work, or the UI is fucking like 90s

i just did a Devuan beta 1 install, and they are doing the same stupid shit as Debian, why in the hell are they so fucking hung up on wifi firmware, i had to take my laptop to the office and plug it in to the ethernet to do an install because those lamer neckbeards wont include wifi firmware in a 3+ gig DVD iso

naw, i am not going to continue using distros from religious neckbeards Linux developers that sacrifice usability for ideology, while i admire the GNU/GPL if you dont fudge a little for the sake of making their distro easier to install without dragging my hardware all over the fucking place to do it then fuck em, i am not interested,

oh well, there is always antiX or Salix, or Slackware if i want to get my hands dirty

>or the UI is fucking like 90s
Yes, I like it.
It provides best functionality/simplicity ratio.
It lacks glossy and shiny elements, and yet you differ what elements are to press and what aren't. Moreover, it fills screen with information pretty efficiently, so you can take more information with less effort.
Your move?

>i had to take my laptop to the office and plug it in to the ethernet
you could have just connected your phone and enabled tethering

You could have loaded the necessary firmware via a second USB. Although, this method doesn't work sometimes.

Becauase I prefer Slackware. But if they ever move to systemd, I might give it a try.

>emerge takes ages
Stop using a computer made in 1995

What do you imply?
GIMP UI was criticized since long ago, and it has nothing with 90s.
See: Photoshop 4.0, for example, it surely has 90s design because it was released in 1996.

>It lacks glossy and shiny elements, and yet you differ what elements are to press and what aren't. Moreover, it fills screen with information pretty efficiently, so you can take more information with less effort.
No, it's dull and fatiguing to look at. Moreover, it crams noise on the screen at all times making it difficult to focus on what you need at any one time.

Easy.

Never.

Doesn't support my only Linux machine's architecture.

>here's something with a nigger that filss a gap that didn't exist
>with zero reassurance it'll stay for longer than a year

Funtoo patched GNOME 3 to work without Systemd. Hence BSD's can still use GNOME 3.
I disagree with doing this though, as it isn't what upstream prefers.
KDE is better anyways and doesn't depend on Systemd.

Fuck that logo is shit.
Looks like it says fucking XVUAN

I promote devuan with an advanced, easy to read logo.

I love it.

Right, because a shell script is not also relying on a form of black boxing as well? Come on.

THIS

It was literally posted to their mailing lists as a suggestion when they were looking for one. It's one of those places where there's enough kooks to create a textbook case of Poe's law.

>Easily read shell script that does all the things
>Glorified ini file that has to be parsed by something somewhere else

Are you just pretending to be retarded?

>not understanding the argument
>pretending shell scripts with shit tons of local var and functions are easy to read
>relying on plethora builtin and external binaries
>implying a shell is not a parser and interpreter

>moving the goal posts
>arguing that shell scripts are more or equally complicated to a monolith program
>relying on one insurmountable blob made by a dickweed with an agenda instead of following the unix philosophy that has worked for fucking decades in the interest of helping winbabbies acclimate to ubuntu
>bash, tested into the fucking ground vs blobd, barely tested horseshit

i don't have a stupid mspaint picture because im not a OP sized cock gobbling thunder-faggot

I'm happy with Arch and systemd. It works for me.

What is abstraction?

Systemd is superior and it's the future.

Go away lennart.

>error evertim making it uninstallable

t-thanks

Have you seen initscripts?

More like sysvinit is finished. It's only slightly more relevant than Plan 9 and Hurd at this point.

Because it doesn't have even half the packages that Debian does?

Or a dedicated security team?

>debacle
You don't even use Debian and you're not even a power user who might be affected by this. I am willing to go out and say that.
Kill yourself.

You can select what files to download if you have limited bandwidth or storage. Please seed if you can (~10GB)!

Ten fucking gigglebytes?!

That's not minimalist enough for me, MOTHER FUCKER!

Yeah, like you do anything else but googling shit on any distro. You nuts just copy paste your cli shit from tutorials anyway, there's totally no use for yet another shitty fork. It just makes companies not ever consider linux to be a viable alternative at all.

>but it's hidden away from you
Oooooooh spooooky. You are a complete fuckin idiot.

That is as retarded as saying right clicking a service in windows for starting it is simple.

Are you aware what is even going on in the bullshit you're posting?

>whatever you say, boss
Do you even realize you compare new elements and old subsystem ones micropajeet hasn't replaced yet because of compatibility?

Commodore 64 has also worked some time ago you idiot. Why aren't we using it today?
That's how stupid you sound.

>muh sysvinit
>muh minimalism
>muh 1980s

>lets implement a way of daemonize so you only a description file
>hurr its the devil uriel didnt die for that

>hasn't replaced yet
Piss off. Every one of those old UI elements are inside DLLs shared by everything.
It is trivial to passively update them with no underlying function call changes.

Fuck, you can easily do it with an editor and DIY it if you want to.

I want to swap to Gentoo but I'm too dumb
It's literally just Debian with systemd blacklisted, it's more for the OOBE aimed at noobs
I'd just stick with Debian and swap the init out if you're know what you're doing
It is, also it seems like the whole distro and site hasn't been touched in a long time and I'm having doubts as to whether it'll ever get fixed

>bloated as fuck
>says nothing about but instead bitches about something he does not know how to configure

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

the hoops you have to jump through to get gentoo installed is rediculous, and not only that i have done it before with both gentoo and funtoo and there is always some piece of bad instructions on their websites for installing, but you contact them about it and they just say "oops" fuck em, they are not worth a damn,

just install slackware

did they not fix it?

How do you configure emerge to not be slow shitty Python script?

>projecting this hard
Some of us have used Linux for more than a day and are actually able to read documentation unlike the new ADHD generation.

No wonder you defend systemd.

>unlike the new ADHD generation.
Why are you proud of being inefficient?
>10 seconds to google it and find the solution someone else who had the problem found
>a minute skimming through the documentation

Because I'm not a massive faggot with a strictly ideological vendetta against systemd.

>Being this autistic
You should look through the documentation, so you can actually understand what the problem was. Unless you want to spend the rest of your life being too stupid to even install your drivers.

Is someone explaining why the problem occurred in detail not good enough for you?
Gotta go look at those vague descriptions of things and try to piece it together yourself?

>uriel didnt die for that
Neither did Ian Murdock.

>using a UI
found your problem

>still in beta
That's why.

>calling people autistic
>posting anime gifs
pick one

I wish driver support for slackware were a little better. Seems like a lot of network cards just won't run with it.