I am not a programmer

ITT: We admit we are not programmers and will not ever be programmers and that is okay because there is a lot more to technology.

Now say it!
Own it. Then move on with your life and get to work on other things you can do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XAW_Re6azEg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm not a programmer, I can barely piece together a working batch script if I have instructions.

I am an expert cidermaker though. Everyone's good at something.

Except r9k

I'm not a programmer because I'm a sysadmin.
However, a several lines of C code slapped together after hours of lurking at stackoverflow now work as a switcher in a high-availability website cluster for a certain government department.

>I am not a programmer

That's like saying

>I don't know how to cook popcorn

Stop being lazy and learn.

you're not a programmer

I'm not a programmer.

I'm a network administrator/sysadmin for an ISP.

Sometimes I piece bits of stuff together to do things - I should learn but I can't be bothered.

t. pajeet

>implying learning to cook popcorn makes one a cook

nah

But I finished google's coding tutorial in a hundred tries!

I am not a programmer.

My interest in technology was always about what you could do with a thing, not about how it worked. I would rather work with the software and see it used to its full extent rather than try to write it myself. The people who program Adobe Premiere are not the same people making the best movies with it.

fmt.Printf("I am not a merely a %v, I am a %v.", "programmer", "jack of all trades")

master of none.

I'm not a programmer. I just want to learn how to fork Firefox and make it great again.

>Now say it!
No, because I am a programmer, lol

>Then move on with your life and get to work on other things you can do.
Programming is literally one of the about 3 or 4 things I'm actually able to do that has economic value.
I'm not good at much other than programming.

I am a hacker.
One time I used 4 chopsticks to eat a hotdog.

I'm here just to shitpost and shill for AMD because I hate when people laugh at me for making decisions with budget in mind.

programming for money sucks balls

I am just the IT janitor but the whole company would fall apart if I were sick for a week and I should get paid more.

I'm not a programmer
I will never be a programmer
I don't want to be a programmer

Upvote I'd you agree xD

Wait, you can be sysadmin without programming knowledge?

>The people who program Adobe Premiere are not the same people making the best movies with it
But you neither program nor make any good movies.

I'm a programmer and sure maybe I cant dream in code like this autistic fuck. But thats ok with me

Well I'm not a good programmer that's for sure. Sitting around debugging code is for poofs

I am a programmer, and am currently making more than any shitty IT job I ever worked at, and have next to 0 daily stress, and am starting my own business targeting a market sector that nobody else is right now!

Feels great!

programming has nothing to do with actual programming, you need to have business sense and marry the two. Otherwise it just stays basement butt diddling theory tier and you never make any money.

Kek

I am not a programmer, but I can do basic C#, would learn more, but I see no point in that, I can create account stealers for certain games, and thats all I need for now.

Why are there no programmers in their 40s or older? Where do they go? Is my career over when I hit 40?

There are but they are all for the 80s business languages. There is a market for it but it's very small.

outside of this, you need to be excruciatingly ready and willing for change as anything else. you can't just say "back in my day sonny, etc etc!", you will die as a programmer. old people plus change of any kind is explosively bad, which is why you see this trend.

I'm not a programmer and I'd like to be but my autistic brain cells are experts in HR and marketing. Fuck... I don't even like people! :^(

im not a programmer but im pretty sure i could be if i had some motivation. i started reading up on c and it seems easier compared to python with their indentation stuff the sort of cryptic unspoken code could seem frustrating for a beginner.

im not a programmer i like to make things and if that means using a microchip, pinching some code and learning what that specific code does and changing it to suit my project then so be it.

But I am. I'm at work right now getting paid to program. I code so well, j spend half my day on Sup Forums and nobody bats an eye

You don't need to be a programmer. But you need basic code literacy. Almost all technology has a computer in it nowadays, and if you have zero understanding of code, you have zero understanding of how computers work.

s1 = 'spam and eggs'
s2 = s1.replace('and','without')
print(s1)
print(s2)

If you can't figure out what the above program would output, you would greatly benifit from spending an hour learning just enough python to program a guessing game.

>jack of all trades master of none

my life is miserable

Most sysadmins can use atleast 1 scripting language, usually you'll learn a programming language after few years of work.
Most sysadmins here know atleast sh/Perl/python/C
Some know only sh and Perl and some know python/C/sh

If you want to learn how computing works, learn assembly, not Python.

I'm not a programmer but (besides the management of my Archlinux partition) I learn to code in Rust and am interested in minimal viable programs.

I barely assume computers are a linguistic question, which I understand to some extent.

Fine: learn python to see how most programs work. Most programs use languanges more complicated than python, but the structure and commands are roughly the same, other languanges just require more details. You can learn a decent amount of python in an hour. Not so much with assembly.

I am not a programmer. Programming is a tool. You don't go around telling people that you are a hammer or a screwdriver.

Programming is a meme. It is popularized by simpletons that look up to Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg.

You shouldn't, anyone shouldn't define their very being and livelihood as a programmer. Again, it is a tool.

I am not a programmer (yet).
Right now I'm in school to get my CS degree. Hopefully I can become good enough to take up the title after I land my first co-op job.

i tried it but it was boring as hell, its not fun to me to make a computer do stuff. i find it more fun to use peoples stuff than make my own

my name is jonathan and i am not a programmer

I'm not a programmer, I'm an engineer.

why else would you program except for money? do you think programming is fun or something you nerd?

I have a title, I haven't coded in 2 years but I have a title

I would assume that many older programmers just become consultants or go into a management position at some point

spam without eggs

still preetty stupid, this is why i hate programming. well more accurately i hate thinking :o

wow i just learned something bad about myself. i remember in school thinking about math formmulas like

susan gets 500 dollars every week from october to november. in december in the first week she will lose 40% of the average she earned last month in the first week, 30% of the average she earned in the second week, and resume her normal pay for the next 2 weeks until january. what is susans average pay over that 3 month period.

MY GOSH THIS IS MIND NUMBING< JUST LIKE PROGRAMMING. SUCKS!!!

I am not a programmer.
I am a Zipline Tour Guide who happens to love tech and more so on the hardware side of things.

Also this

But oftentimes better than a master of one ya dick

It is pretty fun optimizing and making mods for indie games.

they're still the architects. its like saying the people who made this bridge dont even use they're keks. the bridge wouldn't even exist without them?

sour grapes itt

Sadly, very underrated "architects" most of the time.

no noob, thats not how it works. content creators are completely different to the people who made the software

thats like saying the people who created X programming language are experts at X video game.

No.

freaking noob

people don't understand the complexity of computer development. they take for granted all the technology the programmers have made for them.

programmers have influenced the 21st century more so then any other form of engineering just think of that for a second.

Right in the feels

>I am a normie driven by consumerism

You need to learn how to use proper grammar.
Just think of that for a second.

I'm not a .... oh man this is hard
I'm not a programmer. I learned, I can write C, as well as other languages, I know some concepts but...
I don't really have anything to write.
I am much more interested by network and system administration. I find that sort of things way more interesting.

What Normies do you know that are Zipline Tour Guides?

without the programmer you couldnt have made this post

just think of that for a second

I'm not saying that programmers are a bad thing. I'm just saying I'm not, and have aspirations of being one.

and have no*

okay im not either i just get frustrated when people try to undermine engineers. like the dude who landed a space probe but he had to be reprimanded for wearing anime girls.

its just like normies fail to grasp complexity so they'll figure out someway to attack someone out of envy.

I feel ya user. I made an app once too but I got zero enjoyment from that, think making a game would be a lot more fun though. Also, I'm going to take a shot at doing some web stuff over winter break. Maybe I'll like programming more then?

Sounds like wincuck talk to me. Sure we, as a board, could talk about a broader range of technology, but it should be at the expense of your precious GPU benchmark and Speccy threads as opposed to programming threads.

I've tried programming on and off over about 15 years, and it just never clicks with me. I already had a hard enough time learning a second human language besides English, C/Python just looks like gobbledygook half the time.

Not only that, but even during the few times I managed some sort of grasp I just never had inspiration to create anything. I see programming as a means to make your computer do something it doesn't already do, and far as I can see my PC already does whatever function it is or I can find a program that will do it without requiring me to write it.

(You)

but people who defend the programmer fail to defend the fact that without the hardware engineers no one would be a programmer. I feel you though. Everyone is unique and has a certain set of skills and personality traits. if we choose to shun some one that is a genius programmer just because he or she likes (X) then we have failed as a society.

You apply it to your field.

Money is just an icing on the cake. Programming is it's own reward.

I'm not a progammer.

I'm a minining engineering undergad that barely knows a bit of programming.

>This post proves your normality.

I'm fine with being the normie Zipline Tour Guide then.

Keep being the unique Sup Forums shitposter that you are for all of us please. I don't know what the world would do without your amazing posting skills.

>Programming is it's own reward.

lol, i thought you said "programming is it's own retard" for a second. Would have been pretty funny if you did say that lol.

off topic, I'm not really proficient in any programming language, (Philosophy major). I was debating between learning C first or Haskell first, is it harder to switch to an imperative language from a functional language or vice versa?

if any of you are having doubts about programming, just remember.

I completely coded this from scratch btw, you can too.

>and that is okay because there is a lot more to technology.
like mindlessly buying prosumertard garbage and pretending it's technology?

But I am a programmer, that is how I earn my wage.

i cannot into program

I am not a programmer and I failed at making a recursive insertion sort algorithm written in Python.

I don't think programming is in my future and that's okay. Next quarter I'm in a forensics, Linux intro, and networking intro class though.

Jesus christ I come to Sup Forums once a year to see if it's still filled with fucking casuals and every year you fucking idiots are still here. Where did old Sup Forums go?

youtube.com/watch?v=XAW_Re6azEg

I'm not a programmer

I have a lot of knowledge on mathematics, algorithms, programming language, and not just coding, deep understanding of program and data structures, pointers, memory management, linux administration, vim, etc

But I have no self esteem and no confidence so I feel embarrassed to admit knowing this stuff and spending a lot of time learning more. So I work in menial computer support stuff where I let people take advantage of my skills while I'm working overtime without getting paid and working for minimal take while other take the credit

I'm not a programmer and I'm thankful for it.

I tried so hard to get into programming, but it never clicked. I learned that my efforts were misguided. HTML CSS and light JavaScript is what I loved. A lot. I hated dealing with something like C# and the compiling, .net, libraries, etc. It's so stupid to me. So many choices to make. Even the compiler is tedious to install. In HTML, yes I know it's not programming, you can just type it. Save. Refresh and it works. Perfect.

Turns out I'm a designer. I still appreciate programming. It's a unique joy. The joy of creating something. Making the computer do something and all the things you can do with it. It's really limitless. You can do anything you imagine.

It's still bullshit. Even programmers would agree that it could be better, but it's fun so they let it go.

I am a programmer and fuck you all for not trying you lazy bastards

I am not a programmer, just somebody who loves programming and programming languages.

I studied programming and system analysis for 2.5 years. Learned C#, VB and Java. Never could quite get the handle of OOP, I basically cheated my way through every course.
Whatever. I sell cakes now.

You're from Brazil aren't you

No, I'm from SA though.

computer knowledge =/= programmer
any pajeet can program, any bitch can too, but computer knowledge is a whole other thing

I am a programmer

I'm not a programmer but I want to become one.

In what direction should I go if I don't want to deal with autistic levels of calculus like you have to in a CS major?

I don't think I'm a programmer. I tried. I just don't have any motivation. I took programming for a semester in college. I'm thinking about changing my program. I feel like I want to create things but I want to design things. And draw. I want to do something with graphics. The coding thing just bores me. Maybe i'm a designer.

I'm not a programmer, I'm a sysadmin and the most I can do some scripting
Can't be arsed to learn it

You don't need to understand calculus at all. Just linear algebra. If you can't understand that, then you have some major league brain defects you may need to address instead of posting on this Mongolian cartoon forum.

I just wrote a program to learn powershell

Write-Output "Hello World"
$i = 0
While ($i -le 10) {
Write-Output "$i"
$i += 1
}
Write-Output "Press any key to continue :~)"
$host.UI.RawUI.ReadKey("NoEcho,IncludeKeyDown")

Well but I want a degree.

>I'm not a programmer
>except I actually am one lel

fuck you

Tell me, what's the point of programming if your software is never put to use?