Best Laptop

What is, in your opinion at least, the best laptop of all time and why?

the Retina Macbook Pro with Touch Bar (tm) (r) (c) (Patents Pending)

Thinkpad t440

My Toshiba Satellite that's nearly 5 years old.

Thinkpad X220

latitude e6410
I have hundreds of dollars in disposable income right now and could go and get the fancy jewby lake
but here I am still rockin a first gen

If you want new, I would solidly say the Dell XPS 15. Great machining, not as good as apples, but more or less it's a fantastic machine with great quality. Certainly a little pricey though.

wrong

X230 is better

but the keyboard of the x230 is utter garbage

>implying that laptop keyboards are good
kek

Dell inspiron 15r

>he's never used an x220
Isn't it time to pick up your wife's son?

Everything is shit compared to mechs

/thread

been really contemplating buying the XPS 15 but the few threads I've mentioned in everyone tells me not to. should I do it? what else is better?

dell xps 13

i can never work on a laptop whose screen is smaller than 15.6"

MacBook pro 2016

not worth it at all

It is, find me a laptop with better build quality and better performance. Preferably not from amazon, eBay or newegg

Nice mouse, faggot.

very good bait xD

I'm not baiting, I'm fucking serious. No other laptop comes close to the building quality and premium feel. I've used many laptops and MacBook pros are always better than their counterpart.

>maximum utilitarian:
Thinkpad x201
>perfect balance between power and original utilitarian design
Thinkpad x220
>perfect balance between power and affordability
Thinkpad T440P

I was looking at either that or the XPS 15. to me, if you weigh in pros and cons of both machines they're practically the same. just depends if you want to spend the extra $500+ for build quality

everyone bitches at me but build quality of macs will always be superior.

Maybe, but the MacBook pro has a great OS, harder to get malware (that's what normies care), and it looks aesthetic and has terrific hardware.

LOVE YOU TOO YA COCK SUCKER

don't care about malware. don't be fucking dumb and just download any of the free antivirus software.

and terrific as in good or bad?

>t440p
hahahaha, nice meme!

Depends on what you want to use them for.

I picked up a Macbook Air 2014 this week as I wanted something extremely light, portable and fast.

I know it's not for everyone, but for someone who just needed it to browse the internet, do some note taking and watch some videos and listen to music it aces it.

Only paid £450 for it, other than a few scratches it's in perfect condition.

the Acer 11.6 with n2840
I remember the screen being pretty square, like it was 16:10 or something

That's a non issue

It's trivial to swap a x220 keyboard into a x230

so far my favorite computer is my x220. although i do miss my powerbook g3. i threw it out but that was so long ago i dont remember why. probably a power issue. old mac tts was based.

x220, the last good laptop

What makes x220 so good?

I can get one with i5 and IPS screen for about $75

Should I?

dell xps 15

15inch laptop in a 14 inch laptop size, there is nothing like this in the market.
I will get one when they move to the new nvidia chip.

do you know a legit place to get one? all the ones on Amazon seem sketchy to me for some reason and they mostly come from "Dell"

I saw a microsoft store that had em.

Got the chance to buy this on the cheap (£160)
Model: Dell Latitude E6330
Processor: Intel i5 3380M @ 2.90ghZ
Screen: 13.3 HD (1366 X 768)
Graphics: Intel HD 4000
Memory: 8GB

It's not an SSD drive though. Worth it?