HP Envy x360

Just picked up this new laptop Sup Forumsuys.

Intel Core i7 7500U
16GB DDR4 SDRAM
256GB PCIe NVMe SSD
15.6" IPS LED Display at 1920x1080

Fully aluminum build, backlit keyboard, extra wide track pad, and 360 degree rotating screen.

> I am in love
> Did I do good Sup Forums?

$1099.99 Canadian Dollarydoos, $1250 with taxes, and I bought the extra year warranty for $100, so it has 3 years total from Costco themselves, so if anything goes wrong, it's taken care of.

> Thoughts?

>HP

We've had HP's almost exclusively for the past decade and they haven't really let us down.

>HP
>1080 poo 15 screen
>HP
>Windows 10

Pathetic. Wipe windows and install a decent operating system at least

Hp's high end stuff is on an upswing, wasn't there a shakeup at the company and a lot of dead weight was gotten rid of?

No discrete GPU means I probably wouldn't nab it.

Actually, what would this be good for, anyway? Seems too big to be used as a tablet.

I have an HP laptop.

It's not even been 3 years and I've already had to replace the battery and the HDD.

Fuck HP.

I don't really like the rotating screen, however, the price for the specs was unbeatable, anything similar had something terribly wrong with it, like another Envy for $850 ($250 less) had a normal 128gb SSD, and 5400rpm drive, with an AMD A12 APU.

It's for college, business program, so this should last the remaining 4 years, and it will not ever be too slow, or too heavy.

It also has the numeric keypad which a lot of 14 inch or smaller laptops do not, and it has the screen that can rotate 360 degree which will likely never see use, but, it can be useful in one or two instances, so it is sort of a bonus.

If Costco had the regular HP Envy without the rotating screen we would have bought it for the price as well.

My 5 year old ENVY 17t-2100 (i7-2860qm) is still going strong. Never had a single problem with it and the OEM battery just lost a cell about a month ago. The 6850M is tired so I'm using a GTX 1060 eGPU setup now. Don't see myself getting rid of it any time soon.

What eGPU enclosure are you using user?

EXP GDC BEAST v8.4d mPCIe adapter.

i will be buying this soon

If you're interested in the normal one without the 360 degree hinge, you can get this same model with same specs for $830 USD on HP's US store website right now, normally it's priced at $1129

i dont need a hinge that bad, $830 is a good deal

Yeah, $830 is $1077 Canadian so it makes no difference, the hinge seems like a nice gimmick to have so we'll probs keep it

I tried to configure the x360 on their site and they only let you go to 8gb of ram, so it becomes like $650 max, and I guess you could upgrade the SSD to something bigger

I got a 13" Dell with similar specs but shittier build and screen for $500. Inspiron 5378. SSD is SATA instead.
I didn't have any money for an XPS or Envy :(

>HP
>shitty mac knockoff
>it's literally named "envy" coz they envy apple
>misaligned touchpad (that alone would drive me insane)
>small touchpad
>shitty touchpad
>...

no need to go on. you know what I'm feeling inside.

anyway, keep on truckin' Pajeet!

>not getting the spectre

The build quality on this is insane for the past hour I've been using it, everything is cool to the touch because of the aluminum, it just feels so snazzy

I wish the bezels were much smaller but alas, and the touch screen is actually quite amazing, the calibration is perfect, able to manipulate windows very easily, might see some use of it after all, especially during dragging graphs around in Excel

The touchpad is way better than the Dell I just bought recently, which I am now going to return, this touch pad is amazing, the best one I've ever used in my life, and the keyboard feels so clicky to type with. The backlighting is amazing, and I'm using the computer at 40% brightness and it is showing 8 hours of usage left.

8 HOURS!

I will keep on truckin, however, user-non-Pajeet!

Spectre was too small and does not have the numeric key pad which I needed, plus the specs were not worth the money, the build on this is literally as good as the Spectre, it's just the Spectre has some different colors.

>The touchpad is way better than the Dell I just bought recently,
so it's better than the lowest of the low. Not a very high standard to overcome.

>this touch pad is amazing,
That's coz you never tried a good one.

>tfw no microsoft trackpad in HP premium lines

Have you tried this touchpad?

What is the msft trackpad, and is it better than this specific HP one?

The Microsoft one is their attempt to compete with the Apple proprietary stuff by finally introducing something that isn't total shit by a company named Synaptics

>worse specs than a 2012 MacBook Pro

kek

Meh, this touch pad rocks compared to all my other laptops, I'm happy af with it

I think the only upgrade I might do for this is to add another HDD into the laptop down the line, in case 256gb becomes too full, but right now it has 190gb free, and most of the work is kept in the cloud anyways, so it's not really important to have too much storage

>Have you tried this touchpad?
I don't have to. I know it's shit because it's made by Synaptics and all they make is shit.

Seriously, just stop. You sound like a fucking retard who's trying to justify his purchase. You won't convince anyone here that this is somehow a good laptop. It's shit. And the worst part is that you actually think that this is a good trackpad.

Let OP enjoy his purchase you party pooper

>Meh, this touch pad rocks compared to all my other laptops, I'm happy af with it

poorfag's gonna poorfag

>Let OP enjoy his purchase you party pooper
Why did he make a thread then? It's like buying a bag of warm of shit and being proud of it. It's not like he fucking made the laptop.

I don't understand why people get so attached they purchased when they didn't even actually make any part of it. It's just a piece of chink-made junk!

And if OP can't handle the truth, he should GTFO.

>chicklet keyboard
so close, just another POS ultrabook with this week's flavor of intel whatever core something or another