IT FOCUS JOB

>People want to be
>Web Developer
>Android/iOS Developer
>Infosec

All in one.

What did you do to focus just in one IT-field?

Computer repair technician. Currently studying for my A+ cert and hopefully will start an apprenticeship somewhere after that.

>Sup Forums - Technology
Why u didnt study the CS degree?

Too saturated. While there are millions of pajeets ready to replace you dipshits with half assed code, the story is not the same for the guys repairing broken hardware.

Tell me more of this.
Salary, Oportunities and where to study.
Im not from EEUU.

really faggot. fixing hardware is more valuable than cs?

That's what the future looks like desu. The pajeet problem is only gonna get worse as time goes on especially when they don't even need to provide ranjeesh a cubicle (remote working).

You're still gonna need a qualified person to fix hardware unless you want it more broken than it already is.

Anyway have fun investing 20-40K only to become unemployed and have to work in mcdonalds showing people how to use the touchscreen virtual cashiers senpai.

well you sure convinced me. let me get my tool belt and all in one screwdriver and shove it up your ass

Kek whatever you say, mcgoy

Hope you'll be ready to compete with ranjeet and pranjeesh who will do your job for a dollar an hour.

are you so bad what you want to do you think you are intellectually afraid of pajeet?

Ill be a web designer/developer.

Whats the salary for that in your awful country?

Not him but I also want to get into more of the hardware side

but I've also been studying networking so it'd be maintenance of computer networks and shit on top of knowing how to take computers apart and put them back together.

I don't think there's a lot going for the software side of things. It's worth learning, but it's not where I want to focus, because I see maintenance of a computer network being done basically - everywhere - whereas programmers can be centralized and thus not as many jobs available.

Decent pay with work available basically anywhere there's a computer > great pay but you have to live in sanfran, houston, seattle, and compete with pajeets in india

I dont get this. I'm brazilian and I'm getting my degree for free. In fact, they pay me to go to the university. It's a CS degree with a couple of extra classes focusing on web systems and development.

You could probably learn the whole repairing hardware stuff in a few months. I learned it when I was a kid and my first job was related to computer networks, got certs and even a IT technician degree. Its not rocket science. Why cant you do both?

Finance

>You're still gonna need a qualified person to fix software unless you want it more broken than it already is.

>the lies you tell yourself to feel comfortable with the fact that you're not smart enough to do even the easiest form of engineering
it's okay you'll die one day and it'll all be over

Got a job as Data Center Technician and moved up from there.

What do you mean?

I'm learning both, I even said that. Getting an A+ cert is like step 1 in doing anything IT though.

>Too saturated.

Every job is saturated, but less skilled jobs are even more saturated. You just need to know where to look.

Decent companies won't hire just any pajeet. It doesn't matter how cheap a pajeet is willing to offer his services if his skills suck. In the long run, maintaining badly written code is more costly than hiring a skilled programmer.

Who wants to be all of those things?
Who wants to be any of those things, they all sound terrible.

In the many years which I've worked in IT, I've observed that there are two kinds of workers: those in it for the money, and those in it because they're interested in it.

OP's conundrum is for people of the former group and I would see it in your resume.

>not working in Ops

I remember when ops was called sysadmin. Next it will be called "unemployed".

nah, it's just called "DevOps" now