Is it a good distro for beginners?

Is it a good distro for beginners?
Only using it for word-processing and surfing the web.
Recommendations of other distros are also welcome

I mean I only want to use it for the aforementioned purposes. I haven't installed anything yet.

Some form of Ubuntu is probably the best choice for beginners. Manjaro might also be worth a look. I don't have any experience with Mageia, so I couldn't tell you if it's worth using.

Ubuntu is good for a test-drive and for work.

Arch is good for learning CLI.

Stop recommanding Ubuntu it's shit for beginners.
It's not because you try to do a modern UI thats your are noob-friendly
In fact their are ton of settings that you can do on Mageia and Opensuse with a GUI.
Settings that need a terminal/edit a text file/installing a tier app on Ubuntu, even basic tasks like changing the theme.

But I wouldn't recommand Mageia they struggle too much to deliver the new versions.
Opensuse have more peoples on it.

It has a decent documentation tho.
Only thing I need is my drivers working

Solus.
Hands down the perfect distro for your use case.

kevin pls

He's not wrong though. Solus has everything op needs and will perform better than any distro at it too.

openSUSE or Manjaro

>Arch
>good for learning CLI
top kek m8

Arch is good for learning how to copy paste. They don't even use standard directory/file structure but try to copy BSDs poorly.

If you want to learn the CLI go with Slackware.

ZorinOS. Easy, looks nice and I never had to open the terminal once when I used it.

This

Also new to Linux, I want a distro that is a pretty complete package, but I still want to learn things like CLI

What am I looking for, Manjaro? I saw someone say it's similar to Arch...

Debian.

Debian.

I haven't been far in the Mageia install, I got a BIOS/UEFI compatibility problem and been mistaken by the community for a troll before going to Manjaro.

I believe using BTRFS as default file system means it's meme-driven. Wish you the best tho.

Your desperate attempts to samefag are pathetic. Congrats though, you've become a meme.

Archlinux imo

Just Ubuntu and check "install third party bla bla" during installation.
If it's a laptop, look for "tlp" in the software thing, or just "sudo apt install tlp" in a terminal after installation. Other than that, it's complete enough.

Xubuntu
u
b
u
n
t
u

arc darker is a good theme desu

This means they have small QA team. 16.04 should be delayed till summer, so bigger community don't works as intended.

Bump

Bump for what?

Question has been answered. Install solus

i chose openSUSE after many distrohopping (Debian,Fedora,Ubuntu,Manjaro).
confiest disrto for me, it just werks

it comes with kevinnet right?

Ubuntu because it has the best out of box hardware support and stability while still being up to date. I've pretty much never had driver issues on Ubuntu, while I've had driver issues on every other distro I've ever used. Debian, Fedora, Open SUSE, Arch

Its a pretty basic distro, I liked the configurations UI though, it comes with some nice useful config tools.
If you just want word processing and shitposting then I guess any distro will do the job, just get the one with a DE you like.

didn't read thread

No, it's not. Only good distro for beginners is Ubuntu or Mint.

Only good distro for anyone who doesn't want to spend time fixing their OS is also Ubuntu or Mint