I'd like you to tell me

i have that one!

norton

TempleOS

malwarebytes

>he fell for the anti-virus meme
literally biggest scam in software industry

Kaspersky > *

we have it for free at work and company gave me a license for home as well. It's the shit. Others don't catch as much shit as Kaspersky does.

I use McAfee for 5 years now and it's the best antivirus on the market. It always saves my PC when it gets infected.

>It always saves my PC when it gets infected.
Jesus christ what the fuck how incompetent can you be?

sqeeeeeek

CS 2017 Pro Edition + MBAM

Isnt kaspersky the one that literally opens a backdoor in your computer?

Shouldn't the AV prevent you from being infected?

>antivirus

I have it, I had outpost firewall but they were bought out by kaspersky. Their firewall is ok though outpost was better. Not sure about AV, its on but never had any alerts, not sure if its a good thing or bad thing.

If you seriously feel the need to use an AV the only good one is ESET and that's a fact.

Great software, but I wouldn't touch their products after Natalya Kaspersky literally said "Data on the activity of Russians on the Internet should belong to the state".

If you're fine with joining the Russian botnet, by all means.

Well, botnet, yes They also regularly make malware to cripple their competitor's products.

What does kav have to do with avg? Are you retarded?

>year MMXVI after the fall of our lord and savior Jesus of Nazareth
>using an antivirus

shiggy

>using a virus as antivirus

UNIX is the best antivirus

I'm buying Kaspersky for my parents every year.
The 3 license pack is like 15€/year, so 5€ for each PC

AntiVirus programs are memes. I even disabled Windows Defender since it impacts performance.

If you're retarded enough to get infected on Windows you will just as likely get infected on Linux.. especially if you use shit like the AUR etc.. I see many people unconcernlingly using "yaourt -S x" without even checking the .pkg etc.

This is my nigga.
I do the same.

>2010
Time to upgrade, senpai

VT/Malwr if there is a file i'm unsure about, but I don't tend to run shit I don't know the source of very often.

>33 replies
>CTRL+F "Common Sense 2017"
>Phrase not found
am I getting old?

GENTOO
E
N
T
O
O

First reply you fucking monkey.

ms security essentials + malwarebytes pro

>pro
Anyone have a working license/license generator?

ClamAV

Haven't used antivirus in like ten years.

I used to selectively turn it on to scan no-CD cracks, but now I rarely play or pirate games any more and then I only download torrents that are at least a few months old.

>postulating an initial open ended question then changing the question to one that seeks validation for your own opinionated answer to the initial question disregarding that the initial question is open ended and has no definitive correct answer

Ask God

Any recommended free anti malware programs? Especially any that let you scan files before downloading them.

Webroot is great b/c low impact

What about bitdefender??

Windows defender/Malwarebytes/Ccleaner

1. Norton
2. NOD32
3. Kaspersky

Trust me. I'm a TI consultant.

CommonSense 2017

But user, wouldn't you want a second layer of defence?

Would say newest malware bytes with anti exploit (what EMET didn't fix they did ) but lots of time running antivirus is another attack vector for elevated privs or other ring0 cheeky stuff

Never gotten virus/malware etc. ever. I don't usually download torrents or random shit and use adblockers on sites. I only whitelist sites I trust. If I can't view a site I simply don't use it.

haha come on man kav fucking breaks your shit with certain system updates.

their malware removal tools are fucking top tier, don't get me wrong, but their av is invasive as a motherfucker.

it's like having a knight in full armor follow you around your house knocking shit over and fucking it up. yeah it can slay a dragon but he just knocked over your flatscreen and crushed your pc and your left foot. oh and installed a lock on one of your rooms and now you can't get in until he remembers how.

Have they added real-time protection yet?

Nod32. Never had a problem, everything gets burnt to a crisp at a moments notice.

norton 360 because its pretty much free to me

Which one (That is NOT common sense) has the least memory usage? I don't care if it doesn't have many features i just don't want it to hog resources

stop using a crappy thinkpad

no

If you're using a shit think pad why are you running windows? Fucking n00b.

It is a scam we need to keep alive though.
We need to support security researchers.
Even if it means taking grandpa's fear money