I just bought my first ever android phone. What now?

I just bought my first ever android phone. What now?

Kill yourself

Return it and get the iPhone 7

I've never owned an iphone either and they seem shitty from the very little I know

Listen to some music with some good old 3.5 jack headphones

install CM

oh shit good thing you mentioned that I didn't even bother to check. I guess one has to be careful these days
I'll give that a shot later but I want to get the vanilla experience first to have something to compare to. What are some apps every android phone needs? My old phone was a 5 year old WP (great phone btw) and before that I owned a 6 year old symbian s60 phone so I have no fucking idea.

Return it and order a Xiaomiâ„¢ Redmi Note 3 Pro

miui is gay

Better mi4c and put RR Nougat on it

>deprecated tech
>buying any chinkaomi shit

why would you buy a phone that will be rendered obsolete and left without updates after a year?

>what are custom ROMs?

Return it and get the Moto Z Play

Do the things you intended to use it for. If you bought it without a need for it then kill yourself.

>falling for the chink meme

Install Amaze or ES 3 and browse your files while the itoddlers die of envy in your local starbucks.

You do realize only extremely mentally ill people (ie homosexuals) use iphones, right?

I have to say this android OS is fucking garbage compared to WP.
I get that there's all the apps and such I now have access to but just comparing the two out of the box it's like a finished polished product vs. some open source crappy freeware alternative in version 0.2

>without a need for it
I need it to receive phonecalls and use the web browser when I'm not at home. That doesn't mean I wouldn't be interested in other possible applications or easy of use upgrades.

You're on a tech forum and complaining about Android being open source?

>complaining about Android being open source
learn to read faggot

Get Xposed and install YouTube background play , no ads , snapprefs, amplify (get premium for free by googling),

Get viper4android for dat elite sound quality

Get clover , Spotify patched version, tTorrent, AdAway, as maid pro, root explorer

Guys, what do you think about the sony xperia x performance? i can get it with 32% off atm

Call your mother

I already did that we actually spoke for 38 minutes

What's the best youtube app I can install without a hassle?

YouTube , just get Xposed modules for it

Delete everything, and install some pajeet tier shareware on your brand new phone then download substandard and redundant apps to make it bearable.

Then pat yourself on the back for being more elite than an iphone owner.

Yes most people who have never used an apple device say things like this.

it literally has advertisements in the year 2016
really telling about you that you're thinking of some fanboy wars immediately. no one cares about your iphone go away

I owned a macbook pro back when they were good. pre-unibody MBP was a good product. Iphone isn't. Being the same brand doesn't make any difference.

Tbh, CyanogenMod is closer to stock Android than OxygenOS is.

>What now?

Reach puberty

it appears that windows phone - the OS with no apps - had a much superior youtube app than anything for android. how the fuck is that possible when there wasn't even competition and it hadn't updated in years and was made by one russian guy?

i haven't used android for years now, is it still impossible to play youtube videos in the background with the official app?

yes. it also has ads. there doesnt seem to be a single youtube android app that has all three
1. background play
2. no ads
3. login/subscription feed

I don't even care about #1 but even #2 and #3 together seem to be an impossibility for android developers.

Xposed you dump nigger

Xposed, Xposed Xposed, Xposed Xposed, Xposed Xposed, XposedXposed, Xposed Xposed, XposedXposed, Xposed Xposed, XposedXposed, Xposed Xposed, Xposed

FUCKING KILL YOURSELFS YOU STUPID FUCKS REEEEEEEE

kys idiot

calm down man

this

you bought a piece of garbage

Go shove it up your ass you faggot, you can't hide your ways behind a straight mans phone.

>why would you buy a phone that will be render
this, there is no point in getting a phone without good support

it doesn't really matter if you're a NEET though

>needing to use curry roms to have a usable device

"install Xposed"

You niggers are poor. Buy a modern device

Unlimited battery life, heh.

Still going strong.

It's funny because the plaid-wearing hipster on the top panel would be the iphone user in reality.

Just rebooted still at 100%, does anyone know how to fix this hahaha

Why would you fix infinite power?

Find a way to run your house off it, maybe sell some back to the power company.

user, you're about to be rich.

- Camera app if stock is bad, I use open camera, I personally get more from the photos than the stock one.
- Music app, something like blackplayer or powerAMP
- Chrome or mozilla for browser.
- Any launcher you like it's aesthetics, although I like to make look as stock as possible.
- For full experience, you should root it and install a custom recovery so you can install customs roms

Anyone have an up to date list of recommended software?

This much electricity, it's scary. Seriously though, did I activate secret chemicals in the battery or something? This m9 used to die after about 3 and a half hours of screen time.

>2016
>have to go outside the normal app store just to get a working youtubr player
wew lad and this is like the most basic of needs. I see they've taken the old linux approach that everything must be made intentionally a hassle so the user can feel like a wizard for getting basic functionality up and running

>Please install it only if you're willing to take the risk of boot loops.
>Must be flashed with a custom recovery (e.g. TWRP) to install the framework.
>a fucking youtube app

Gentoo the best Android app

>install f-droid repo
>get newpipe
also
>notes
>chanu or clover
>firefox

good start

what you want is called newpipe

It's because Google wanta to dell you YT Red for your basic funcionality, cuck

newpipe seemed good but it didnt support logging in/sub feed
already got firefox+ublock, seems good

Did you have your period all over your screen user?

Why is it all dark and red?
Is it low on health? Does it need a medikit?

new phone too, i aint even rooted yet (waiting for official N update which will drop any day now)

i also use ff and ublock if i want background noise, its everything you need right there

Go outside

Nigga that shit literally makes every ad disappear and gives you red tube for free

>Chanu

I used to use it but trust me clover is 1000 better

>what is a bluelight filter

essential if you dont want to fuck up your eyes. it helps you to better fall asleep. i use twilight. after 2 days i literally couldnt live without it. blue light at night hurts my eyes now. but turning it off in the morning helps me to get awake faster. fucking love it.

i've tried clover several times. chanu just feels super comfy and i only give a shit about proper notifications and chanu deliveres in that departement flawlessly. if only the bug closing the app when pressing back wouldnt exist (this doesnt happen all the time)

i tried twilight but it seemed very cheap compared to f.lux that I'm used to on PC. twilight was like a red overlay instead of a color temperature adjustment

You should have gotten nexus 5x. Enjoy your shitry front facing finger print scanner.

kys

You did well

Op3t is probably the best Android phone on the market, period and the only chinkphone worth buying

As funny as this is it's really more like both are the top guy stuck in an infinite loop.

Install Gentoo

Last time I checked Chanu didn't have native WebM support, and since all I use Sup Forums on my phone for is jerking off I gotta use Clover.

Ahahah you serious?
Ahahahah

Ahahah

>What now?
1. Unlock bootloader
2. Install a recovery, such as TWRP
3. Root phone either by flashing a new ROM (I recommend Cyanogenmod), or by installing a root application, such as PHH's Superuser. If you want to play Pokemon Go or use Android Pay, you will be needing to using SuperSU with suhide, systemless xposed, and root switch. If you do not need to use these applications, I would highly recommend using PHH's Superuser instead on the justification that SuperSU is proprietary, and using a proprietary superuser application is literally asking for it.

>with the official app
I am genuinely curious why you think it is desirable to use the default software that is shipped with your phone. There is not a single computing device that is capable of running third party applications that comes with every application you will ever need. So why not just download Newpipe and stop fucking complaining about the default software? You don't go around saying that Windows sucks because of Edge, do you?

Root it

newpipe doesnt support login/sub feed which is a deal breaker unfortunately

I need help with buying a new phone. My budget is $280. This is my options from a store in my town. It's a store with new and used stuff .I can get Samsung Galaxy A3 for $235, Huawei P9 Lite for 245. Also I can get A5 for $300 and S6 for 320 but they are little out of budget.

There's actually a flux preview available on android, it doesn't work on my kitkat phone but it's got better support for lollipop and marshmallow

yeah I saw that, too bad it was just a preview

1. bootloader
2. ROM
3. kernel
4. root (default in most rom tho)
5. xposed
6. xposed modules (youtube background playback, adblocker, etc )
7. nova launcher
8. KLWP
9. icons