Is it a good brand for notebooks?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01K1INXJK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_7EZuybZBTZTJ9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>shit build quality
>bloatware pre-installed
that's a no.

they work as long as you're not going todo any resource intensive work on them

but they won't give you prestige like macbooks or thinkpads or those sexy aluminum ultrabooks

you're supposed to format them and install a brand new os on them, if you're on Sup Forums that's a given
and the build quality is shit but if you need them for a couple of years they're alright

Im searching for a great cost/benefit notebook, not something expensive or too cheap

I have a Acer Alpha Switch 12.

works well and isn't shitty so far. Battery life sucks though but no worries. Bloatware is a thing but nothing a reinstall of the OS can't fix.

>tfw i owned a acer netbook with windows 7 starter

The Predator gives you the autismo level that breaks through the dimension barrier.

Thoughts on this?

Intel Core i5 6200U
8GB RAM
1 TB
Geforce 940M

Pretty cheap
They cut corners and quality is sufficent at best

Have a acer lappy, it broke after three years, I sent it to repair (150€) and now 2 years later it broke again

But I also used it heavily like 12h per day everyday and had many thermal shutdown

>prestige
>thinkpad
There is nothing prestigious about being easily detected as neckbeard

Not a huge fan of the build quality, but the Aspire 5560G I recommended for my bro in law is still going strong 4+ years later. Fine for lighter users I guess.

Skylake U series processors are pretty solid
940 is fairly decent for not-so-intensive gayming but I would have preferred just the iGPU to keep heat and power consumption at minimum

Also swap the TiB drive for a ssd

>t. college tard
They are widely used in business

Good old jade

>economy tards
>using anything other than macbook

ever met an actuary? or the teams working at banks doing the heavy computer work? or gone to any cs lab? leave your apple bubble for a day maybe?

my family used to love buying those. They always break (and I don't mean just "their windows got full of malware" but hardware stuff too). Don't buy them.

my last year asus is all right, but the keyboard is kind of flimsy and the plastic on the back gets rekt easily and starts to look like shit.

Why is the jade logo upside-down? Is this a meme?

you can find 960m and 950m laptops for just a bit more, 940m/mx is not really that great.

recently you could build a quad core i5 with a 960m on HP's website for $649. was gonna get one but had to fix my car instead.

I live in Brazil, thats the most i can afford

>shit build quality
It's lasted me 3 years and still going strong. I'm satisfied.

Absolute horseshit.

I have one that is basically broken by design, the cooling power is not enough so the GPU starts to throttle and you basically get less fps than on integrated graphics when that happens.
Forums are full of other people having the same problem, using my own thermal paste etc. nothing helpes.

Also you need to take the whole goddamn thing apart just to clean the dust out of the cooling vents.

NEVER EVER

So..... Thoughts on Asus?

What about HP?

What happened to Fujitsu-Siemens laptops?

this is a ruse

they used to make neat netbooks.

I like ASUS netbooks.

non user upgradable ram

even cheap acers have a little door you can open up to get to the sodimm sticks.

now that all laptops are thin as fuck i bet they're a major pain in the ass to rebuild. the inch thick ones are usually pretty easy after you've done a few.

Acer, even if considered to be bad by Sup Forums, are the best out of the 3 big cheap brands (HP, Lenovo, Acer)

I have an Acer laptop I have had now, for going on 5 years. I have had to replace 3 keyboards, a touchpad. Now the hinge that hold the screen on broke off at the bottom, so I need to replace the entire bottom of the laptop. That cause the casing that holds the screen in place to start to separate. I had given up on using it as a " laptop ", so I just put it on a table and hooked a mouse and keyboard up to it, then the power connector took a shit.

The laptop itself is plenty fast still. I put a Samsung 840 Pro SSD in it and maxed the ram out. It runs good, when it runs. But the build quality is less than fantastic, that's for damn sure. Especially how expensive it was at the time ( I think it was around 800 bucks ).

yes

I personally am thinking of getting a Thinkpad 13 for 400 buckerinos, but I'm not sure. It seems like a good deal.

For *5* years that's pretty fucking good

I had an HP EliteBook for 7 years and the hard drive just failed two days ago. I can throw in an SSD and keep going.

Prefer snsv

ACER is fucking shit.
ill go with lenovo ore asus

asus does have some shitty plastic laptops too

WHY ARE THERE NO ULTRABOOKS WITH REGULAR SIZED ARROW KEYS. FUCK APPLE

>not just installing a fresh OS onto your new laptop/notebook

You dont even need a product key for Windows ffs

>been owning an acer aspire v5-552g for 3 years
>heats up at the slightest task (even chrome)
>horrible for occasional gaming
>4gb of ram
>500gb of HDD storage
>$700

Acer laptops are a meme

>he doesn't immediately reinstall with his os of choice

v-552 bro here. it's a piece of shit.

i'm getting another laptop by acer though ;). i mean i've had shit and good laptops by the same company before so sḿh tbħ

It's ok, build quality /design is mediocre but it's cheap and as long as you take care of your laptop, it shouldn't break that easily

Fuck no, I had an Aspire E11 fail on me 1 month after the warantee ended.

Buy a Lenovo IdeaPad

Confined to the nipponese market

buy laptop on specs and price, not brand.

brand doesn't really matter if the specs aren't right.

In a word, no.

Acer Aspire Desktop, Intel Core i5-6400, 8GB DDR4, 2TB HDD, Windows 10 Home, ATC-780-AMZi5 amazon.com/dp/B01K1INXJK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_7EZuybZBTZTJ9

Is this a good desktop? Planning on using it for emulation and maybe some gaming. But in the future I'll ad a rx 480 or 490 and upgrade the ram.

A decent skeleton, I'd look for a cheap SSD for the OS if you can.

Lenovo is okay. I own a y50 and upgraded it's RAM and storage. Battery is replaceable but you need screwdrivers to do so. The keyboard is mediocre and a clean install is mandatory. Other models should be decent. The y50-70 have a bit too much of the gamer looks, giving me a bit of buyers remorse but I got it fairly cheap.

Every laptop should last 10 years
Most cheapser ones like all acers compleately break apart at the hinges or get technical problems, why the fuck would you buy that trash

>buying consumer laptops

YES
E
S

This brings up memories about my pavilion dv6... That shit heated up faster than a induction stove.