Why is ubuntu the best linux distro ever created?

why is ubuntu the best linux distro ever created?

because Margo Shuttlecock knows what is best for everyone

Unity looks outdated as fuck

Because their fucking titlebar is just unbeatable. I would still be using it if I didn't fuck my installation up so badly. Tried to compile it myself to fix some bugs, then I got some graphical glitches, uninstalled then everything went fucked. Now I'm on Xfce. Maybe I'll try again in a month or two.

>xfce
Best DE

I'm doing a lot of work with Latex (Texstudio) and the HUD feature is god-tier for math imput.

it's got some bugs and I can't even turn on the compositor because it actually CAUSES screen tearing. don't feel like reporting any bugs because the community seems toxic and they just say Xfce is perfect and it must be user error

>HUD feature is god-tier for math imput.
what do you mean? you can type in equations in the search bar and it solves them?

>bloated
>phones home
>ugly as shit default DE

>math
It's maths you retard.

Ubuntu is clearly the best linux distro. It has the most users and is easy to use

Operating Systems are not meant to be difficult to use, they are meant to take a backseat to the programs (and Ubuntu is the easiest distro to get programs up and running on)

if you like fucking around with your OS, or building it from the ground up, knock yourself out. But whatever you build from the ground up is not gonna be better than Ubuntu.

If you think it is, make your own distro. Fly your flag and see how many people salute it. We'll wait.

>phones home
You mean the online search results in the HUD? Pretty sure that's disabled by default now

No, you type the ALT key and you can navigate through the menus, for example if you want to enter for example a fraction you type alt then frac and hit enter.
It's great if you don't want to learn all the shortcuts.

not made by autists

>if you like fucking around with your OS, or building it from the ground up, knock yourself out.
is that a threat

>you will never just enjoy operating systems and playing with things
I wish I was broken like the rest of Sup Forums

ubuntu's not bad but it's hardly the best linux distro

I disagree, over half of Linux users use Ubuntu or one of it's variants like Mint

that's significant enough to make it the smartest option. Because of Ubuntu's huge community, things get fixed on it. All "big" programs will work on Ubuntu and are usually 1 click or one terminal command away from being installed. I do think Unity sucks, but you can use a good DE like xfce or MATE if you want.

Because of Ubuntu's huge userbase and LTS releases, you can literally count on it existing in 10 years. If Kevin gets in a car crash Solus is finished.

Debian is finished, Ubuntu stole the torch.

Manjaro: finished
Fedora: finished
Arch: meme
Gentoo: meme
Red Hat: costs money

I know this is Sup Forums and everyone is autistic, but open your fucking eyes. Ubuntu, for all intents and purposes, IS linux.

Don't like systemd? tough shit, Ubuntu uses it and Ubuntu is Linux. In 10 years every distro will use it. Ubuntu is carrying the Linux torch, and that's just a fact. They are leading the way.

>Arch: meme
>Gentoo: meme
Opinion discarted, you have to be 18+ to use this site

Just werks

i3 ftw

discard my opinion like the Linux community have largely discarded your edgy distros in favor of Ubuntu, which as I have stated over half of all Linux users use

Use Compton as a compositor. It's lighter weight, more flexible, and adds nice fading animations if you want.

Yep, it's really gross to use. Makes me feel dirty.

I think you mean Mint...

Yes, at least for 16.04 (Xenial).

This otherwise i like unity top bar it's really good but other then that xfce is WAY better.

i actually use Mint, it's basically the same thing as Ubuntu LTS tb.h

Yep, not flat...

bingo

regardless of what you feel is the best distro Ubuntu being the lead is indisputable.

Long term support is key in a Operating System and most of Sup Forums distros are about a footstep away from becoming abandonware compared to ubuntu

Linux has the capability of becoming mainstream and ubuntu is definitely the best candidate at making it possible.

because Arch is unstable as fuck.

its NOT the best linux distro,

>download 16.04.1 ISO
>won't even boot on Pascal
>enable nomodeset
>nope
>16.04.1 actually ships with a GPU driver which doesn't work on nearly year-old Pascal and there's no default workaround implemented
>doesn't even drop you into a basic console session or something
>just completely breaks
How the fuck does this actually happen in real life in a supposedly stable release version?

Whenever I use Unity I always install Numix GTK theme and Paper icons. It makes it somewhat bearable although not as bearable as comfy XFCE.

You misspelled Mint.

posting my desktop

ubuntu a comfy

being the best distro is identical in value to being the best turd in a pile of turds
please keep in mind that there is absolutely zero reason to use linux in the desktop environment

Install Solus

programming on Windows a shit

ubuntu why dos drain all poer. windows batery last hours more

You could at least learn english before you shill, dumb street shitter.

It's actually a legitimate problem on mobile Skylake processors, low power states aren't properly activated

The UI is disgusting.

It's like they made it ugly on purpose.

This... as upset as Sup Forums might get at hearing something they don't want to hear, pragmatism > idealism.

The Ubuntu base is great. Unity looks and acts like a pile of shit. So Ubuntu + any other DE/WM is the best you can get from a Linux distro.