>Every configuration is done in terminal
>Terminal commands can't be reversed
>Following how to guides from 2011
>Rtorrent crashes every day with nonspecific errors
>QBitTorrent halts downloads on "time discrepancy" errors
>Ubuntu throwing fatal system errors daily
>Packaging system became corrupt within the first week
>SAMBA required 777 infinite anonymous login permissions to work

Why would anyone put themselves through this unless they were being paid?

Other urls found in this thread:

qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php?topic=4450.0
bugs.launchpad.net/qbittorrent/ bug/506817
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Terminal commands can't be reversed
that's actually a cool idea

Have you tried using a more commonly used Linux client like transmission which I think comes default on Ubuntu?

Also what fatal system errors were you getting? Not fatal but a lot of times Ubuntu will popup an error box if you fucked with the package manager but usually it can be fixed with a simple sudo apt-get install -f or sudo dpkg --configure -a

Install gentoo

Also sometimes you have to clear the crash log to get those error boxes to stop popping up. sudo rm /var/crash/*

>Have you tried using a more commonly used Linux client like transmission which I think comes default on Ubuntu?

This was working cool for awhile, but overnight it threw the same time errors - many of the torrent softwares did.

qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php?topic=4450.0

This is the error - -- "fast resume rejected: mismatching file timestamp"

Is the system time on my Seagate NAS not synced with my Ubuntu install? Maybe a dying CMOS battery? IDK internet time is synced correctly on both systems. rtorrent does not throw this error, but instead crashes every few hours. :)

>Also what fatal system errors were you getting? Not fatal but a lot of times Ubuntu will popup an error box if you fucked with the package manager but usually it can be fixed with a simple sudo apt-get install -f or sudo dpkg --configure -a

Exactly. The packaging system warned me to run that command. I'll try it out, thanks.

The earlier fatal errors had to do with the Unity or whatever GUI interface and an incompatibility with my old shit hardware.

YESSS I heard about that.

But why tho. Why? Why design a product like this? It threw these errors from FIRST CLEAN BOOT and won't stop until I run a purge on the crash directory? wtf?

No thanks I have pretty good looks and social skills :)

Dunno, that's on Ubuntu's end for deciding to make it a popup box. It would probably be a good idea to keep track of which crash logs have already been displayed. It's probably good to have a look at your /var/crash if your system is breaking a lot, it's not something that is supposed to happen ever. As to why it happened on the first clean boot, no idea. Could have been a fluke with the installer.

What it sounds like you might have done with the package manager is install the other torrent clients from .deb files rather than Ubuntu's repos, causing library version discrepancies, e.g. the client needs libc version 1.6 but your system expects version 1.4. Those are pretty annoying to deal with in some cases.

Don't know about the timestamp mismatch part but here's some stuff I found on Google:
bugs.launchpad.net/qbittorrent/ bug/506817
>There can be various reasons for the fastresume files to be rejected:
>- Timestamp mismatch: Means the user downloaded the torrents with another client in the meantime
Sounds plausible considering you said you used multiple torrent clients. The different clients could have been changing the partially downloaded files timestamp and when you started a new client it didn't match, causing an a mismatch between what the client had saved and what it remembered the file as. Maybe try uninstalling the clients you don't need and just having 1 to make it simpler.

I did use DEB versions for some things, can't remember which. The guide had instructed me to :(

I guess I am more at fault for a lot of this than I thought. It's a little frustrating because now I made this tangled mess of my apt-get with all these shitty faulty dependencies. Will sudo apt-get install -f fix that up?

>Will sudo apt-get install -f fix that up?
Yeah, you might have to uninstall the packages causing it though too. I think it prompts you for that. (blabla expects xxx but xxx installed, uninstall xxx?)

Use transmission-daemon. Mount your data file system as a user by configuring /etc/fstab, that will probably fix your samba problem.

When did women stop wearing low cut shirts?

At this point, I think you're better off backing /home and reinstalling.

>how do I use quickbox???????
>how do I use rinst?????
>considering qbittorrent over based rtorrent
Welp.

kek this guy doesn't know how to use linux

nah OP easy fix. unless you went and edited or deleted configuration files irreversibly which fucked up your system then you're fine.

sudo apt-get install -f
sudo dpkg --configure -a

>Why would anyone put themselves through this unless they were being paid?
When you have no purpose in life you create artificial problems to fill the void. This is an accurate description of every Linux user I've ever met - very depressing people, often rude and blaming the world for their own mistakes.

yeah we get it you installed linux couldn't figure it out and you're pissed. thing is it's pretty popular among the people on this board. deal with it

> terminal commands cant be reversed
Mfw cat and tac are both valid commands...

When they started trying to get ridiculous gaps and kardashian asses.

Not really, I'm using Red Hat at work daily. Before that we've been using Novell Netware for longer than I can remember.

Thanks for confirming my previous remark though.

you sound like a pretentious cunt m9

Oh, do I now?

yeah you do

what was the point of this post you retarded retard

Don't get this the wrong way, but when I read your posts I feel like I'm losing brain cells. Anyway, lovely conversation keep it up son.

I don't think you've read the thread, he installed packages from unknown sources, copy-pasted commands into the terminal and blindly followed guides to configure things. He *can* reverse what he's done but it's gonna take a long time. Reinstalling will be quicker and easier.

time to kys you fuckin poof

was i supposed to organically come up with my own terminal command syntax? wtf it's like howto guides on installing apache nigga.

i don't know what you linux hardcorers expect sometimes. do you want noobs to spend 2 years reading man pages before booting a distro designed for THIRD WORLDERS WHO NEVER USED A COMPUTER BEFORE????

>quickbox
botnet bloat box

You failed the test and are forever banned from learning about computers.

I JUST INSTALLED IT WTF WHY IS IT A BITNET

>SAMBA required 777 infinite anonymous login permissions to work
777 yes from my experience, infinite anonymouse logins, no. You're either retarded or troll.

What is pretentious about what they said?