Are we entering the age of ultra-portability?

Are we entering the age of ultra-portability?

Does ultra-portability limit the number of ports on a device and therefor brings us to a single universal port (usb-c)?

Will ultra-portability force manufacturers to innovative on cooling?

Is the end of Macbook near with the introduction of the Zenbook, Swift 7, Spectre 13 and XPS 13?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jgBAdBCbUrA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Is the end of Macbook near with the introduction of the Zenbook, Swift 7, Spectre 13 and XPS 13?
lol no
apple will keep innovating
how long did it take those computers to be released after apple created the first ultrabook with the MacBook Air?

>end of macbook with macbook clones
kek

>apple will keep innovating
>apple
>innovating anything
>apple
>innovating
lol

>apple
>innovating

What's next, a Macbook with no ports, cumbersome wireless charging + 50$ bluetooth usb adapter?

>50$ bluetooth usb adapter?
I have now seen the future and it's fucking awful.

When will this meme end. These lap-phones are fucking atrocious.

If the design didn't exist and then it was cloned by a bunch of companies, I call that innovation.
You retards focus on the relatively small blunders like the AirPods and forget all the good designs they made.

You watched a glamorous Steve Jobs documentary made by leftists one time and now you let nu-Apple shit down your throat as they please.

This is your life.

And you're so indoctrinated that you let Sup Forums and your neckbeard friends decide your life choices. I'm not in love with Apple, I'm not smart enough to understand they have made some very solid designs. That does not mean or imply that they haven't fucked up some times.

Wrong. This is my 5th most visited board at best.

I prefer to call it the "age of toasted fingers".

Relax lad, I myself use an apple computer and their phones but they don´t inovate shit, they market shit, overpriced but pretty, that has always been apple´s game

Also known as the age of roasted laps

Hate to be the one to tell you this but Apple has only invented a couple of things. Everything else they "invented" was based off older designs. Hell, the MP3 player was designed in the 70s. It just didn't make any sense to produce one at the time because memory wasn't large enough to be useful.

Apple has been dead. Their big new idea is removing the escape button for a fucking moronic emoji bar.

>keeping your laptop on your lap

>Is the end of Macbook near
yea just like the end of the iphone was near with every single samsung galaxy release
lol

>keeping your earphones in your ears

I always think they look like unlit cigarettes coming out of peoples ears.

>Are we entering the age of ultra-portability?
we've been in it

>Does ultra-portability limit the number of ports on a device
yes

>and therefor brings us to a single universal port
I wish, but no

>Will ultra-portability force manufacturers to innovative on cooling?
not while cpu throttling is a thing

>Is the end of Macbook near
probably not

Overpriced with the last gen Pro's yes, not before. There's nothing wrong with things being beautiful and there's nothing wrong with people liking beautiful things.

How is the xps a macbook clone? Or the Spectre?

Please god no, a normal laptop is portable enough. It doesn't matter as long as it's smaller than a textbook, because I put it in my bag with those. Shit doesn't need to be under a centimeter, who the fuck thinks that the thickness of a laptop actually matters?

>who the fuck thinks that the thickness of a laptop actually matters?

I had a Toshiba Satellite A15-S129, replaced it with an Eee 1000HE in 2009 and I'm just now getting back into laptops and bought one of them single port Macbooks.

Do you children not have any experience in what laptops used to be like? They were absolute trash that ran hotter than fuckshit all the god damned time. I went to netbooks for the battery life and to get away from that jazz. The "era of burning laps" already happened, and it's over.

>Does ultra-portability limit the number of ports on a device and therefor brings us to a single universal port (usb-c)?
I mean, in a perfect world, wouldn't you want 1 port that could handle every single use? (analogue audio, high bit-rate video, high data transfer, high power delivery, etc)

Have you not lived long enough to have a cupboard full of 1000 different propriety power/data/whatever connectors/cables/dongles of varying quality and availability?

Fuck all of that give me 1 port that can do everything well. That might not be usb-c, but let's get there before I die please. Having only 1 port is stupid though, there should be at least 4.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

i'm curious too

why exactly is the xps a mac clone?

>The "era of burning laps" already happened, and it's over.
lmao

It looks the same.

It has shitty touch pad, Mac is good at being a Mac.

PC shouldn't be a shitty Mac, it should be a good PC.

It has a poverty tier design, shitty Apple ripoff aesthetics.

Consult with the following to understand what the creatures on mars thought of when they implanted that being inside of your head.

youtube.com/watch?v=jgBAdBCbUrA

>Are we entering the age of ultra-portability?

Do you have to "put it down" somewhere? Do you have to bend your neck to look at it? Do you have to use your hands to input? Your eyes to output?
What is this "ultra portability" tag? I cannot grasp what you are trying to define.

Nobody will enter any new age of portability-thingee until somebody can implant thinks straight into your brain.

I don't even care about 5 hours of battery life.... every FlixBus i take has USB and power outlet under every single seat.

Mobile devices evolution is dead. until new I/O methods come along.

Not sure what you're trying to say there, as long as it's not some hideous gaymer aesthetic I don't give a fuck what my laptop looks like. I bought it to function as a computer.
Assuming you're attempting to imply that looks matter by posting a picture of that beast, I'd say that they do matter in a woman because looks are a significant part of the point in having a gf, unlike in a machine.