Monitor won't go past 115Hz ???

so i have the gayest monitor problem of all-time. I'm a tryhard who loves to play fps games in high framerates all day so I bought a 1440p monitor that runs at 144hz. for the first two months everything was honky dorry, thing ran in 144hz pretty gud. then one day I noticed it kept flashing black random. Eventually the flashing got so bad i could only use the monitor for 2 seconds before it blacked out again. Bought a new cable, problem with the flashing is gone, but now the stupid thing can't hit 144Hz for some reason. Would only show 60Hz on the refresh rate select. I shit you I had to go into nvidia control panel, make a custom resolution to manually change the Hz. I tried 144 and the whole EVERYTHING on both monitors blacked out, only came back after reboot. So I started pushing a little bit more the next time. 80Hz worked, then 90Hz, then 100Hz, then 110Hz. When I tried 120Hz, same thing that happened with 144Hz: EVERYTHING blacked out, nothing worked, no signal, nada. Wouldn't even switch back after 20seconds, just fucking gone. The highest I was able to get it to go without blacking out is 115Hz, arbitrary as fuck I know. But for some fucking reason, if I try to push it to 116Hz or 117Hz, again, everything blacks out, have to reboot computer.

It's a display port cable that's apparently 1.2+ but it comes from chinkland and has like no specs.

Is it the cable? Is my graphics card just shite? How is that possible when for 2 months it worked great?

I don't even know what the fuck would cause something like this to happen.

wow thats alot of words

Roll

do you use integrated graphics?
roll

This

Rolling

man i thought you clowns were fucking smart this shit doesn't take long to read. clearly i'm in the wrong place

read the post

>sticky forbids tech support
>post a wall of text asking for tech support
>get mad when people don't read it
your dumb

Rollerino

Rolling

>The Fatty
I'll stay single, thanks. Fucksakes.

in that case i'll never browse this board again because no one in the history of mankind has ever wanted to talk to you unlikeable nerds for any reason but tech support.

>but it comes from chinkland and has like no specs.

Problem found, stop being a penny pinching jew and pay for a proper monitor.

your dumb

>Asks for tech support
>Sticky forbids tech support
>i'll never browse this board again
And thats a problem for us?

Rawl

Didn't want to read the wall of text, but did you make sure your monitor itself is set to DisplayPort 1.2 mode rather than 1.1? That's what I had to do with my Asus 4k one.

The irony is that considering the amount of shitposting on this board, tech support could only increase the amount of quality content.

gimme a slut pls

>tech support could only increase the amount of quality content
>tech support threads considered quality content
>more "Halp guise my computur is not werking, plz fix 4 me" threads are considered quality

Here's your tech support you whiny twit, don't buy unspecified/undocumented chinkland shit and expect to receive any support. Especially from a board thats more about discussing technology rather than helping poo-in-loo pajeets fix their shit.

Pls sluts.
Chink cable is shit. If it can't sync over X refresh then the cable is garbage and not to 1.2 specs.

Rolling and got your dubs checked.

Rolling.

Roll

Roll again

Roll 3rd time

u don't get a re-roll, enjoy ur no gf

But I got no gf twice in a row ;_;

that's definitely a sign imo

LOL HE MAD

See, you proved the point. You could shitpost or attempt to give solutions, the post gets bumped all the same. Yet you choose to post in a thread you're against.

Rollin for quasimodo

>career girl
Not even mad desu

>you choose to post in a thread you're against
>thinking I'm posting as a response to OP and not rolling for
I think you're missing the real point of this thread right now.

>It's a display port cable that's apparently 1.2+ but it comes from chinkland and has like no specs.

I think your first cable was correct but shit the bed, and your new cable might be out of spec with VESA standards or some shit.

Try a good cable

roll

roll

it's a crap cable OP, rolling. i'd wife an Otako

roll

i hope mine has a dick