POLL: How much are you willing to pay for 8c16t Ryzen

How much are you willing to pay for the AMD Ryzen 3.4 GHz base clock, 95 W TDP. 8 Cores, 16T CPU?

www.strawpoll.me/11885898/

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Intel-Xeon-E5-2667-v4-ES-LGA2011-3-2-9GHz-Compatible-with-X99-i7-6900K-6950X-/152336234507
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nothing because i am a poorfag and whatever it will cost it will be too much.
More interested in their 4(8) CPUs.

>tfw poor neet.
i'll wait for the $99 4 core 8 threads.

These are too high end for me. Looking forward to seeing something compete with i5 6500 performance

I want 8core 8t for 250-300$

i5 6600K go for around $250 So less than $240 for an AMD CPU.

max i would pay would be equal to the 6700k at $330usd

I doubt they will have models with SMT turned off, as it counts for a huge amount of the performance.

You can buy a 8 core Xeon E5-2667 v4 for $332.

ebay.com/itm/Intel-Xeon-E5-2667-v4-ES-LGA2011-3-2-9GHz-Compatible-with-X99-i7-6900K-6950X-/152336234507

You would be a big fool to pay more than this for the AyyMD equivalent.

Why would I pay for the flagship when I can conceivably just buy the "slower" 8 core and overclock it?

If I were in the market for an 8c/16t class CPU, I'd give 'bout 400€.

I sincerely hope their mid-range Ryzen APUs with 4c/8t go for no more than 150€.

I'm not looking for the high end but any ZEN that going to fall in the $350 range is what i will be upgrading to.

>I said $600 - 700
but I olny know NZD so....

>you would be a big fool to pay more for a better chip

so tired of sandy bridge hipsters

no thanks, pleb

>better chip
We are talking about AMD chinkshit here.

poorfag so I'm gonna wait for the $100 Zen chips. It'll have to be bought with a new motherboard and ddr4 ram. And on top of that, I'll be getting some other parts to put my old CPU in as a home server.

meanwhile the latest and greatest intel 8 core is getting btfo by 'chinkshit', let alone a five year old piece of trash

>not having made a couple grand off of AMD stocks

I'm very hopeful that AM4 will have longevity as a platform, and with Zen it'll actually be worthwhile.

The price of its Intel counterpart so around $150.

Just put in an order for 45 shares, I'm looking to ride the rise after CES.

DDR5 is already coming in 2018 so either AM4 gets replaced soon or it will be as outdated as AM3+ is now.

i think $350 is the ideal price for their cpu. otherwise ill probably go with the intel 6700k counterpart once they drop in price

>DDR5 is already coming
In development. There is no planned market penetration from any DRAM producer. DDR4 sales are still ramping up.

when does HBM memory arrive?

DDR3 stayed around for 7 years
DDR4 is expected to have higher longevity and has only been around for 2.

Gddr5 has been used for years in amd graphics cards

Its out, just not cheap enough.

HBM goes directly on the chip. It's not like other kinds of memory.

$0. I won't buy sandy bridge level IPC in 2016, and I certainly wouldn't buy from a company who reduces costs by firing people and replacing them with H1B.

$299

Anything to back that up? I'll sell my fury x right now and give the money to nvidia

so i guess you'll be buying from VIA, then?

Terrible timing. You should've bought at ~3 like I said in the Polaris prediction threads. This is just stock gambling 101, but NEVER buy on the peaks. You're just asking to lose your money.

>I certainly wouldn't buy from a company who reduces costs by firing people and replacing them with H1B.
So you're never going to buy any computer product ever again?

since its probably going to be the regular, unimpressive and usual let down from amd i won't pay anything more than my i5 4690k which was about £150.

IF by some miracle it actually performs nearly on par with 6900k, then 500-600$ max.

The price tag of 1100$ on 6900k is utter bullshit, especially when compared to the sub 400$ price on 6800k.
I'd be willing to pay 500-600$ for the 6900k and same goes for any equivalent CPU.

personally, I believe it will be close to a 6700k in price, but am willing up to 500$ for it.

$450 is my limit

you were in the 400-500$ range...
google is your friend for currency conversion.

Right.
well I did as you said.
its roughly in the ball park you said.

that is my max on PC spending for a single component.
pic related.

what die size are 6900k mm?
if we compare it to GPU silicon of same size, which is in not less complicated, would it be same price?
if it's less i'd say AMD gonna price it in same range as GPU
they will go for bare minimum margins to stay afloat this year

also how they did GPU got serious conference
and CPU got gaymer one indicates pricing is under $500

amd need money and they'll charge whatever they think they can get. CPU margins have traditionally been much larger than GPUs as well.

depends entirely on performance and if it seems preformance isn't getting better.

but yea, 500 this time around is my top as ill probably have the computer for a good 6-10 years before an upgrade MAY make sense.

no 6900 size, but haswell 8 core was somewhere around 330-360mm
zen is half a 8350 so around 160mm

300-350usd
3.4ghz base sounds about right

If the benchmarks come out and it actually can hang with a i7 6900 i'd be fine paying that but if it cant beat my old i5 4690 or 6 core i7 ill just keep waiting

>zen is half a 8350 so around 160mm
for 8 cores? seriously?
my point is they sue same fabs for gpu and cpu the prices depend on size as far as I know on fab side
and if they can get decent margins from 200mm 480s they sure can get a ton from 160mm

remember consumer gpu is as of now a write off for amd, they are looking to make money in enterprise.

if am4 is a several generation long socket, right there is where you have your returning customers. If you can either give us better cpus or more cpu cores, that is where the upgrades will come from.

get someone with a low end quad core, if they feel the need, get them again with the next gen quad core or a higher core count cpu. Its not like people are locked into an intel platform as they change cocked all the fucking time.

remember, what adds a fuck ton of space to a die is the fpu to my understanding, at least a fuck ton of complex space, intel has a 256bit fpu and amd has a 128bit where it splits a 256 up in two to run it. this makes higher fpu applications an intel win, but in a home user base, how many applications use 256 or 512 bit fpu hammers?

in the i7 area, you have a 4 core i7 that takes up a crap ton of space because of the gpu.

the amd cpu, as I can tell, has no fat to it at all, its a sweet spot hitting almost everything.
they said it in a earlier conference saying their cpus will be on equal or better ground for 80% of all workloads.

and to the yields, if they really do make a 4 core cpu, they have half a cpu they could fully disable worth of errors.

>depends entirely on performance and if it seems preformance isn't getting better.

You mean major improvements?
not likely AMD would need to be more than compeditive but RYZEN (Zen) will bring compeditiveness back for sure.

Given all the data i can't belive sandybrige trolls
because many of them have not had a AMD CPU and they work differently and excel in different areas

lets forget Bulldozer as that is not SMT it is CMT and totally not suited to consumer users
no body here has had a rea first gen bulldozer you all talk about versha which is not the orginal bulldozer

I had the original bulldozer and I don't think Sup Forums really knows outside of meme's
I'm now conviced of this now

my mid range FX6100 held its ground right up to 2015
but as soon as the amd 300 series came out
it was clear it was never going to surive as a cpu.

Zen based CPU's feel more on the lines of broadwell-e era
thge kaby lake and so forth don't really match and i fear for the APU market because it really feels underpowered at this very moment

i want to see how RYZEN (Zen) holds on multitask duties.
IPC is kinda nosence as its only really used in older games DX11 and older.
not to say its not useful its but a farcry from main stream useage of the futurei my eyes.

No more than 250 euros

250-350 burger bucks

>ebay.com/itm/Intel-Xeon-E5-2667-v4-ES-LGA2011-3-2-9GHz-Compatible-with-X99-i7-6900K-6950X-/152336234507

>Engineering Sample
y-yeah, no thank you

>RYZEN (Zen)
Stop this.

>apple adopts ryzen apu with hbm2 for system and video ram.
>hsa is now real life.

>RYZEN (Zen)
U mad?

Product name (CPU Name)

I made this to make it easier to understand.
and no i will not stop this your not my boss.

>your
No, but you're a cuck.

If I knew 100% that it would work, I would, but im not rolling dice on 350$

$350 max

They'd have to pay me to you that garbage.
>b-b-but the marketing says it's good
Fuck off.

three fiddy

I guess if the 6c/12t goes for around 250€ it will be a nice upgrade to my 3570K

Let's just say if it's more than $600 I'll buy Intel, a proven brand

max probably $500, hoping it'll cost less than that

considering that we expect a 4c/8t and a 4c clean id say
8c/16 no less than 500
4c/8t 350 or about that area..
4c clean 200-250

>unironically voting for high prices

If the leaks are true. I'll pick the $350 version 8c/16t even it is not overclockable.

4c/8t is minimum, they aren't selling cpus without smt

they will otherwise there is no point selling mid to high stuff and leave the low market where they shine without nothing

they could just sell 2 core 4 threads for the low end.

>2c4t unlocked multiplier, oc all the way to 5GHz
might buy.
it's over i5 is finished.

Sandy Bridge octocores are around $70, so the IPC is going to need to be drastically better to make Zen worth buying.

>sandy bridge level
Zen is above Haswell-level performance

So you're saying you wouldn't buy Skylake.
That's great, but this thread is about the AMD Zen processors.

>$300-$400 is in the lead

You poorfags are in for a serious wake-up call. Intel might overprice their CPUs because they're jewey as fuck, but AMD needs to recoup their massive investment. It will be at least $700. Maybe even $100 less than Intel.

That's great, but when they go out of their way to compare it to an i7 6700k in their pr blurb there's no reason to think they're going to price anything that high.

There is no market in the 'enthusiast' sector that needs to churn out blender renders.

There's no market in the enthusiast segment that has a user too stupid to enable hardware encoding off their video card for streaming.

The intel hex and octocores aren't the enthusiast segment, they're the retard bait segment.

If AMD tries to set the price of their cpu at 700 they're done. The mobos won't even have any future proof features.

AMD doesn't go after the .1% markets either, even for server skus.

this, although 2011 motherboards are expensive due to demand.

Cheapest 2600k I can find on fleabay is $180-$200. No clue where you're finding these dirt cheap ones, unless you're talking about low end i7's. And yeah the motherboards for them are stupid overpriced now.

Eh I'm happy to wait for the 4c version.

Less than 150 bucks.

>that will happen

50 less than the Intel equivalent and no more

GDDR5 = DDR3 but with higher data output at the cost of higher latency
Its not DDR5

>not shorting on a peak
Study more little one.not saying this is actually peak. Watch it double again. Then sell and short. Ride that wave baby.

we are talking about 8-core xeons, i.e the $70 E5-2670, not i7's

i will buy a intel's cpu with lower price if amd is that good

>tfw recently bought AM2+ motherboard

sorry AMD, I'll have to wait a few years

That's a huge risk you are taking with that ES.
A shitload of mobo does not support it (e.g. gigabyte) and the ones that currently does might dump support in future BIOS releases.
Also, sometimes early ES miss certain CPU features.
If you have that kind of money to spend buy something else.

This.
Intel went bonkers with the prices, 1000 USD for the top of the line desktop CPU I can understand, Fucking 1100 USD for a mid/high range CPU and fucking 1800 USD for the best one is crazy.
If, and that's a big if, AMD ryzen 8c16t manage to get decent multi thread performance (let's say better than 6800k) at a decent price (~400/450 USD) I will get one of their CPU just to say a big fuck you to Intel.
If performance are on par or higher than 6900K then 600 USD is what I would spend for ryzen 8c16t.

i don't need 8 cores/16 threads

i mean, i won't mind if it'll be retardedly cheap, but we all know it won't

I'll pay as much as I need too, I need to support AMD no matter what

-Sent from my FX 8350

Will the 4 core zens have better/equal perfromance compared to a skylake i5?

Comparable performance and wattage at ~75% of the Intel price point is expected.

We have no idea
AMD says yes but they've said yes many times before
Remember when they said two 480s only running at 50% were better than a 1080

With 2/3 IPC compared to intel

75% off the average price of an i5 you mean?

If it sounds too good to be true with AMD, it is

It's like people learned nothing from Bulldozer marketing and Polaris marketing

Of whatever Intel CPU with a similar performance to their offerings, if they want to play it clever. Not too cheap so they don't look too good to be true, not too expensive to avoid people going Intel for just $10-$15 more.

this
bulldozer was supposed to clean our dishes and mop our floors the way it was marketed, everyone here freaked out at how amazing it was just like they are now and then it turned out to be fucking nothing

I am willing to pay the leak prices

eg $350 USD for the 3.4ghz Ryzen chip

anything more will be difficult for AMD to justify

>ebay.com/itm/Intel-Xeon-E5-2667-v4-ES-LGA2011-3-2-9GHz-Compatible-with-X99-i7-6900K-6950X-/152336234507

>falling for the eng sample meme
>buy this exact listing
>end up with a 2.6 ghz 8 core

dafuq