HD 6990

So I can get my hands on a used HD 6990 from Sapphire for 80 euros, they normally go for around 100. I had a 6870X2 until a short while ago, and I was happy with it tho the Crossfire thing could be a little bothersome at times. But I really want to get Overwatch soon, and I want to make sure this Graphics card works properly with it (had better performance with one 6870 enabled than with crossfire on my 6870X2)

You can get an overclocked Sapphire HD7950 for 80 euros.

That's what I have now. If I ever need an upgrade I'll just get a second one and put them in crossfire.

GTX 1050 Ti is faster than this AYYMD HOUSEFIRE JUNK

>GTX 1050 Ti

Why waste your money on an old card like that? Xfire and SLI support alike are usually garbage. The Radeon 6xxx series of cards don't support DX12. The 6990 was known for running hot and loud not to mention the power it uses. Unless you're using that card for pure number crunching capability (hash and brute force cracking), that card will suit you I'll. You'd have been better off buying a different card.

>DX12
completely irrelevant and requires botnet 10. dropped

80 euros? Go for it man, I used to own a 6950 before switching to newvidya and that architecture was AMD's heyday outperforming Fermi housefires

The card consumes ALOT of power, runs on high temps and is very noisy, just so you know.

It was probably used for bitcoin mining for what you know because that's exactly when the goldrush took place prior to the boom.

I'd say go for it, just check some relative benchmarks and have a kickass PSU, gl with your power bill

passmark

min gpu
HD4850 1034pts

rec. gpu
HD7950 4763pts

HD6990 2514pts

That thing looks huge

It's actually the largest GPU ever made, that's why for 80 euros OP should buy it instantly

>buying such a shit card

Save up for 20 dollars more and go for a 1050. That will run Overwatch on Ultra just fine, without all the drawbacks the other anons already mentioned.

OP here, I want to get a card that really utilizes my PSU (got it for my 6870X2), it's a 750 watt Cooler Master one with 50A on the 12V rail. I do want to get it, but there's also some 7970's, but they do perform worse than a RX 460, right?

Isn it legacy?Just go with a new card nigger

Forget about "really utilizing my PSU", that's non-sensical in fact PSU's are way overspecced, the operating range is usually halved (750W is meant for 375W average load) and quality PSUs are often overspecced anyway.

Get a new GPU is always the better solution, still depending on availability but this was a flagship and quite milestone so it wouldn't hurt to just buy it for that price, it's still some historical gfx card but I wouldn't recommend hoarding them unless you're a collector

Spend bit more and get RX470 for cheap.

Or used R9 290(or x)

Is a 290 worth it for around 150 euros?

Get it if you want OP.

Honestly, it will probably fine just for some overwatch or other not super intensive games.

Keep in mind though that is is an older card, and so you may have to put in some legwork getting xfire to work properly on newer games and anything else.

To be completely honest, I would buy this purely because it is huge, loud, and gets hot.

I used to run dual reference 290's and tweaking with my overclock settings and fan settings felt just like operating on a fuckin boeing. My computer would go from silent to turbine in a matter of seconds, and god damn it was worth it.

I have 3 watercooled ones im not even using they go for dirt cheap, shipping them anywhere is more expensive than they are worth

Not a bad deal.

Send me one. I'll pay for shipping.

You're just kidding, right? Who would want to be in a noisy room?

I just bought a used RX460 for 50 eurinios today.

Not kidding, and I dunno. I like hearing my computer work, especially if I'm the one who's building it.

In the same way that I like to hear a watch tick, or any indication of machinery working.

Not saying that it's superior to a quiet card. Just my preference.

Oh we are dealing with an autist here

>if you don't install windows 10 for le gayming you are an autist

not supported on latest drivers, uses old crossfire and it's not very good for modern gaming (unless you want to play at low and medium settings)

Yep exactly

A GTX 1050TI is faster than the GTX 680
which is faster than many of the cards mentioned here and it has 4GB vram while running less than 75W which doesn't require a 6pin

I got 167€ for my old one on ebay in september, 150 should be doable now.

Euros....haha haha you don't need a gpu achmed. What purpose would a gpu serve to someone living in Europe?

What is this 2010? All these 3rd world GPUs

>3rd world
here in the third world we tend to buy newer GPUs because used prices are shit

The fuck do you think the euro caliphate is EXACTLY?

>euro caliphate
There are more Muslims living in the United States than in Europe moron.

Shouldn't you be busy praying for the 4th time today achmed? Or are you to busy raping someone?

Do you have a sandnigger fetish? You talk about them anda their sex life a lot

Hey we were talking about Europe...what else is there anymore?

4u

I owned a 5970 and 6990
They are house fires that have awful latency and frame time issues.

A rx480 or 390 delivers very close avg frame rates without the god awful scaling issues.

Shouldn't you be busy trying not to get shot, robbed or stabbed?

Make sure your gun is loaded when you leave the house.

Nice
Could something that new really be "used"?

fuck off retard

>legacy hardware

don't do that

if you dont wanna spend too much you can find a 4gb rx 470 cheap and thatll blow that card in performance

But I don't live in Europe...Why would I have that problem?

I have a 280x you can have if you post a throw away email I'll ship it to you for christmas

So I can play Overwatch on my win10/7950 3GB and not want to kill myself?

notable: fx8350/ 16GB / 256SSD.

I played ogrewatch fine on a 7870/3570k at 60fps medium settings.

Overwatch will run on 1 6870

I buy all my cards used from faggots like you

I had an HD7990 until last month. Upgraded to a theoretically slower GTX 1060 3GB, but in practice it rips it apart. No more microstutter, no more random unexpected fps drops, no more 375W of heat coming out my pc. Ayymdhousefire never again. I still can't believe I spent £800 on that card back in 2013 when it was released.