Sup Forums related thinks you felt into meme

>tfw bought X220

literally meme laptop, wish bought some good asus or mac

>tfw bought X220
thanks Sup Forums

>t. mactoddler

What exactly is the issue you're having with it?

I was thinking about buying a x220 for 170 europesos. What's wrong with it?

Small as shit screen.
Also shit screen quality.
Looks so dated , had like 25 or 30 guys in university asking me lol which year is this from.

also feels like its gonna break in seconds

>had like 25 or 30 guys in university asking me lol which year is this from
no one talked to you don't lie

This

Shoulda went with T420

>Small as shit screen.
>buys laptop with 12.5" screen
>complains the screen is small

You're a fucking retard, dude.

people here said its fine for coding.

>Small as shit screen
"Lenovo's 12in ThinkPad X220"

First result on Google tells you it's 12'' you moron.

>Also shit screen quality.

Which looks worse: your gaymes or animes?

Even the worst Thinkpad screen is good enough for work and displaying text.

>Looks so dated

It's a tool, not a fashion accessory.

>also feels like its gonna break in seconds
>wish bought some good asus or mac

Well meme'd my friend.

It is, you're just an idiot.

I used a 10" for cs classes lol git gud

>tfw sold my E540 and bought X230 thanks to /tpg/
best decision ive made. so much more handy for uni.

>T420 with a growing number of accessories (batteries, dock, etc.)
>Intellimouse 1.1a
>Breeze Audio TPA3116
>Superlux HD668b

I'm currently hunting for my first mechanical keyboard, preferably a Model M.

T...thanks Sup Forums.

Using a shitty thinkpad is the same as wearing a casio terrorist watch, sure it serves its function but you still look like a hobo

>not actively looking like a hobo to intimidate and frighten off strangers

>got a bunch of free T420s from friend's workplace that retired them
>souped them all up with SSD, HDD tray, new batteries, docks
>install wandows niggermadly
>instant on
>great battery life
feelsgoodman

The keyboard is just awful, the only good thing about it is the layout, but the keyboard feels like shit.
Also, the screen is horrible.

bought a t410 the only problem is that it need new thermal paste because when it get the speaker and the clt buttons stop working

Where do you live where your hobos are using Thinkpads and Casio watches instead of begging on the side of the road?

Francisco, the San variety.

I don't think those are hobos, but hipsters.

>wear shitty clothes
>don't shave
>eat limited quantities of food
>have ambiguous sexual preferences
>always preaching about some inane shit
There isn't much of a difference.

How can you tell the difference?

>1600x900
>no usb 3.0 let alone type-c

no

>Maxed T420 with qm processor and eGPU
>Superlux HD668b
>Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
>Xiaomi Piston 3
>AULA F2012 mechanical keyboard
>ssd
>Opus & FLAC only
most of these are /csg/ memes though but i'm glad i fell for these memes

should've bought x220 with IPS

X220 here as well.
Love it.
Small is too small for serious work* for me but it is perfect for smaller stuff.
Only thing that really annoys me: touchpad is shit and gets in the way when typing. Might be fixable once I get around to set up palm-detection but no time for that these days so atm it's just disabled.

*latex, a few pdfs, MATLAB, browser open and using them all constantly.

I read that the x220 sucks dick when it comes to temperatures, particularly under load. How true is this? I'll be using it, if I get one, for compiling C, running qemu (which makes my current laptop with 4510u chug), and compiling Java. And watching 1080p chinktoons. Oh and serious shitposting with Chromium.

people complaining about a 6 year old laptop overheating should consider how dirty their fan is and how crusty the thermal paste has become. if you're finding forum posts from 2012 about heat issues, well, the original paste wasn't always applied that expertly. i can't get my x220 above 85f and haven't bothered with a repaste yet

x230 will run a bit cooler of course

I'm about to fall for the thinkpad meme, but I can't decide which version I want and how much I want to spend. I was looking at x220's and t420's, but the x230 also looks nice. I've also been eyeing latitudes and elitebooks lately, because I like the metal more than the thinkpad's black plastic look. I'm spoiled for choice, and I don't even really need a laptop.

Hello /g
Is the slice 6Cell battery a meme ?
does tkp X220 get one ?
should I get one?
and how battery life did you get ?

Bought an x220 in 2016.

>slow as shit
>awful screen
>outdated ports
>thick/heavy as fuck

Replaced it with a Lenovo Yoga 260 that I got practically for free. The Yoga is a much better laptop with the exception of the lack of swappable battery.

I love my x230 even more with its docking station for comfynesss

yes and tkp 220 and 230 have good compatibility with Linux.
Easy to use daily.
why should i spend more to get a FHD screen ? to whatch movie ?? mhm probably
displayport is not outdated ^^^
and it get more port than mac ....

>i5-6200U vs i5-2540m or i7-2640m
lol big jump bro

while it's nice that you found a 2016 business laptop "practically for free", cheap yoga 260s hardly rain down from the sky for most people. $150-ish for what you get in an x220 is still damn good. the only real knock i can give is the 768p screen, but at least an IPS option is available. i hope you got the full 1080p screen in that yoga and aren't just complaining about how shit TN is

>garbage tn screen

fell for the t420 meme.
no ragrets.

i work in an office alongside developers, who all use macs. i run linux on my t420 and its faster than their macs.

Over the last couple years, I've bought a few dozen current gen Thinkpads for $150 or under apiece. It is pretty easy to find them. Just look for businesses that close.

again yes it's possible to get a screaming deal if you stalk around for liquidation sales, but most people are looking at ebay, at the listings of these flippers that did the legwork. what businesses go under within months of buying a bunch of current gen thinkpads? west coast startups? not everyone's in cali

But it is user.

I'm in Missouri. Doesn't take much work at all. I've bought quite a few on Craigslist as well.

>Mechanical keyboard
expsive af but no regrets
>G400S
not expensive af and the best mouse i've ever owned
>noctua
I'm still not sure if it was worth it but damn it's quiet
>CRTs
they're great, no regrets

it's absolutely fucking not

i have a x230 and I cry everytiem I have to fix some code on its lcd without an external monitor

but then, it's more of a problem with disgustingly small resolution than with small screen size

X220 is literally the best portable computer ever made

thanks for reminding me I haven't filtered out "mac" yet.

Cheers

x220 is shit

not only i have one, but it's an i3 lmao

kill me

Did you bother to look at the specs first? You should have known it would be a little uncomfortable if you're accustomed to a 15 inch screen. And if you didn't know what those specs meant, you shouldn't be here.

In addition, it's not something I would lug around with me because it's a hobby machine. The one I am actually seen with is a more or less up to date Chromebook, Asus or even a Macbook if you have an extra thousand dollars to burn.

I did coding on one of those original 7" screen Asus EEEPCs. It builds character.

>I did coding on one of those original 7" screen Asus EEEPCs. It builds character.

As a kid I did coding on one of these hooked up to a ZX Spectrum. All it built was myopia

>but then, it's more of a problem with disgustingly small resolution than with small screen size

Y u no change display settings?

Y mongs buy stuffs without reesurch?

BTW notebook screens and everything else suck because they aren't desktop workstations, but Thinkpads become that with the trivially expensive and wonderful Ultrabase.

>16:9
fuck off

Well guys i kinda agree with OP, i bought a used x230 while travelling. After having it for about 1 year it is almost falling apart. The coating on the outside is wearing off bad. The nipple fell of once :( I recovered it.
Battery lasts 10 minutes. It was okayish when i got it, besides that it looked like new when i bought it.
I treated it not well, since i used it while travelling, but didnt abuse it, i thought it could take more.
Fucking thinkpads.

i3 is shit*

nothing, got an x230 and its literally the best laptop ive ever owned. coming from a stupid alienware i was gifted christmas 2014

by "almost falling apart" do you really mean pieces of the laptop are starting to become detached, are screws falling out, are you keeping the bezel on with duct tape, etc? because the surface coating wearing off from travel and the $0.80 trackpoint clit falling off one time doesn't really constitute "almost falling apart" to me

yeah, the quality of my x201 made me really rethink how solid my old toshiba was