How do people legit justify selling 30 dollar thermal paste man. It's fucking thermal paste...

How do people legit justify selling 30 dollar thermal paste man. It's fucking thermal paste. It moves heat from the processor to the heat sync. You don't need a 30 dollar fucking thing to do that.

Fuck these scam artists and these so called 'enthousiasts' who blow their money fruitlessly thinking its a 'better' product.

Thermal paste thread?

>How do people legit justify selling
Money.

>not just using a bit of your cum reserves you have stored in the cum bottles over the years.

this
my computer, i get to customize it to my hearts desire.

Fun fact: You can sell whatever you want, at whatever price you want.
You don't have to "justify" it to anyone. Either people will buy it, or they won't.

Welcome to the economy.

That fucking $30 tube of fucking paste is enough for like 30 fucking computers. Fuck.

Thats 11.1 grans of paste
A 1.5 gram tube can easily do 6-8 applications
So for less than a dollar per application, if you do alot of pasting, and its good paste, thats not a bad price

I paid 2 dollars for 10 syringes from China a few years ago and I still have some of it.

gotta jew fast

why do you justify yourself. What is the difference between so called 'good paste' and bad paste? Have you ever encountered a situation where the difference is really so big?

Here is a 5 pack for 6 bucks. Why would you ever consider spending so much on thermal paste?

>It moves heat from the processor to the heat sync.
It fills in the little holes in the top of the processor.

i just use the dollar crap it works fine enough to repaste a dinkpad

I just used the kind that already cums on my fx 8350,

Yeah that's why I always use AS5 with my hyper 212. Get ~30C° thermal margin with prime95 on my A10-7890K despite it running at a blistering 4.4 GHz and 1.45v. Good enough for me.

>Amazon
Found your problem.

>sync

sink

There's nothing wrong with the one you get pre-applied originally, your shouldn't need to replace the thermal paste in less than 4 years.

>11.1g
>7.5g

But you get FIVE of them.
5 > 1

And then after they're empty you can put them to use doing other things. I think we all know what I mean.

> I come bitch on Sup Forums about the price of a single brand of thermal paste

you got only 2 real options

arctic silver 5 - the go to paste
indigo extreme - the best period

with a special nod to
Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra Thermal - the best thermal compound but the worst to apply.

and what you posted, hands down the best paste you can get but stupidly expensive.

dont use bargin bin paste, use something thats good.

there is a breaking point where the paste is not worth the money, but being able to shave 5-10c off stock cooling paste/options is generally what good paste does. not to mention less risk of ot drying out.

I don't use thermal paste enough to think about the brand i'm buying. Are you guys serious? It's paste. Fuck this consumerism bs

Autism detected

Thermal paste is just a "meme"
Toothpaste does just as good a job. Basically anything that conducts will be fine, the differences between different brands are minuscule

>He doesn't use mayonnaise for thermal paste

not all paste is equal.

AS5 is generally the best and cheapest option, there are a few better than it, but they also come with large risks and caveats to their use, as in no aluminum heat syncs, extremely conductive, very specific cpus only or in the case of op, the best thermal paste you can by hands down, but fucking 5 times the price of most other almost equally good pastes.

That's a fuck ton of paste and at that point your price-to-use ratio is like $1:1

Since the portion of income taken is negligible, it's an inelastic good and they can fuck with prices with no loss.

Econ 101

Coollaboratory Liquid Metal Pad Master Race reporting in

Thermal Grizzly Kryonat Thermal Grease Paste

If your product has two "extreme" names in its title,
that's one too many.

Kodiak Blizzo KryoteK Thermal Paste!!!1!
It's ex-treeeeeeem!!!!

>Not researching every purchase

Enjoy your shit stuff, user.

1.5*5=7.5 retard

... Steel is heavier than feathers, but they're both a kilogramme.

>not putting vegemite on your heatsink
fucking australians

It's actually anal lube.

What are some good pastes?

So can I just buy the cheapest one I can find? I'm planning on replacing my laptop's thermal paste and my local PC shop sells one for like $3

Get noctua NT-H1 or arctic silver 5 if you dont know what choose.

I'm not about to buy it online man. I'm just gonna grab whatever they have in the shop, and they don't have either of those.

>extreme gamers

1 syringe * 5 = 5 syringes

Each siringe is 1.5g. Fuck people are retarded. The big one is 11.1g

That's less than the big one and has much lower thermal ratings

It's better to have 5 small ones than 1 big one. That way you can apply it 5 times as fast.

True lol

>retarded do not know anything about W/mk

Go back to kido.

People who do LN2 overclocking to beat benchmark records are definitely willing to spend let's say 100% more to get 1% better heat transfer because that 1% difference can very well be THE difference between top 1000 and top 10 or even breaking the record or not.
Also the thermal paste in your pic is actually not expensive if you look at the price per gram instead of only looking at the price like some half-blind nigger.

As long as there's a buyer, there's a seller.

>not using thermal paste as lube

that's a massive tube

arctic mx4 is as good as nt-h1 for cheaper usually senpai

Where i am from NT-H1 is cheaper.

Both are good.

why use thermal paste when you can use thermal adhesive? it makes a stronger bond and transfers heat much more efficiently. i've been using it for years on all of my client's machines.

You are the biggest asshole

Paste starts to harden up and crumbly away after a long long time

Fuck the idiots who actually buy it and think that higher cost = better performance. Those who sell it wouldn't be selling if people weren't retarded, just like how Best But sells $100 "luxury" HDMI cables right next to their $6 HDMI cables.

Kill yourself.

You sound like a shill. There's barely any difference using third party paste or the preapplied paste. It's like comparing water to lemonade on which will make you less thirsty. Both do the exact same thing, one is just flavored and the other isn't.

The preapplied stuff on cpu coolers is just as effective as other thermal paste in doing the same job. You don't need to consider what brand of thermal paste to use for cooling, you only need to worry about if you have enough paste and if your cooler sits well to cool the cpu.

Shit paste dries off fast. Using "titan" paste with "nanotechnology" gained me 8°c over the course of three years. But i agree on the futility of meme 30 dollars 2 grams paste.

shut the fuck up you moron

the pre applied pastes are usually the bare minimum because its the cheapest the company can get away with, you see it time and time again where applying a better paste reduces heat of both gpus and cpus

for me as5 is thick enough that it stays where you put it and is less of a mess, not to mention in quite a few benchmarks on paste it comes out near if not the top (granted there are a few pastes that far exceed it but are a bit of a pain in the ass to use or a massive risk due to conductivity) and because its so common, its not rare to find it in a local shop for fairly cheap.

Confusing cause mayo is fat and fat people always say they are hot.

Thermal Grizzly has the best non liquid metal thermal interface material on the market. And they have plans for their own liquid metal product as well. This isn't 2007 anymore.

To add to this, with a stock cooler the supplied paste on the heatsink is fine, the cheap shit you can find at your local store is also fine. Arctic silver 5 is considered the best because of its price point and ease to apply. Products that go above and beyond as5 have increasing loss of price:perf ratios. They are better, but not so much to necessarily justify the cost.

Arctic mx4, or pretty much any carbon based product will perform as well or better than as5 but will not adhere to the "pea sized dot" method as they do not spread well under pressure. If you want premium paste that's reasonably priced, gc extreme is your best bet. Thermal Grizzly kryonaut is better, but at best you would see a 1C drop in Temps at about twice the price.

>11 grams as opposed to the 4 gram small tube (that will still do a few applications)
>best non liquid metal thermal paste to date (last time I checked, may be wrong)

Stop posting

Source?

>Have you ever encountered a situation where the difference is really so big?

It's useful to have good thermal paste if you want to passively cool some parts of your PC.

Replacing the stock paste - intel's TIM via delidding can make a large difference to temperatures. About 10 degrees celcius if I remember correctly.

The problem with toothpaste is that it dries really fast, so you gotta replace it every other day.
Source: used toothpaste for two months as thermal paste on my ps3

I got 20g of Arctic MX-4 for £5 last week. Amazon have good sales sometimes.

Heatsink***
Not CPU
Ftfy