Hi Sup Forums

I don't know much about the web stuff but I'm trying to make a website and I know there is a lot of web people here.

What is the quickest/easiest way to go from a Django project on my hdd to having the project deployed as a website? Does there exist such a route?

atm I can try a local website host which might have limited support in the way of doing stuff, or I have seen people using DigitalOcean.com and a bunch of stuff that looks easier.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.10/howto/deployment/wsgi/modwsgi/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I don't know much about the web stuff
Don't use Django then. Just install Wordpress and fuck around with it. If you want to use Django then respect it and learn "web stuff".

bump im looking to deploy a python app using gunicorn/gevent??? and ngingx and shit but its inside a virtualenv and i want to access wsgi functions such as cron jobs because i have concerns about it being thread safe and shit

>gunicorn
What the fuck are you doing, nigger? Just make a new screen and use manage.py run server

Gunicorn is JUST tier.

eh r u retarded? gunicorn can fork multiple processes and keep the same underlying port for all of them. its like a load balancer

i thought gevent is just tier and gunicorn is kay

only losers make their own cms, framework or not. you only do this if you know you don't have any content or any real business ideas, so you forever prolong the site in creation phase and dump months into it, not having published a thing, and just say "ehhhh" and you give up.

wordpress, joomla, drupal. they are perfectly fine if you update them.

>nooo u dont understand i need to spend 3 years doing this because I don't really have any ideas nooo

typical developer, kys

I already have the Django stuff in the bag. I can run it locally and it's sweet.

I am trying to learn "web stuff" by reaching out to the experts in the Sup Forums community.

>experts
>in the Sup Forums community.
You're very lost son.

The first post seemed sufficiently snobby as to be written by an expert, although actual knowledge was not forthcoming.

I seriously can't understand what you said.

>What is the quickest/easiest way to go from a Django project on my hdd to having the project deployed as a website?

Heroku... if you know git. If you don't know git then ou just have to copy paste from the tutorial. (and then learn git, there are free courses at udacity for it)

Try openshift. they used to have free hosting (and specifically a setup for Django).

If you have your own server, then the classic Apache + mod_wsgi is the easiest and most documented setup.

Also, RTFM.

docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.10/howto/deployment/wsgi/modwsgi/

Idiots like to pretend to be experts by criticizing people and technologies. It's the best way to seem to be an expert, it's how charlatans manage to sell snake oil.

For example a real doctor would say "I don't know why this happened, all tests show that it should have worked. But people are different, there is this other pill we could try."

While a charlatan would say "Pfft... Why are you going to doctors? They just want to sell pills, the reasons why you have those problems is because you have lots of toxins in your body that is blocking your energies"

and people fall for the charlatan because he criticizes doctors and therefore "seem to know what he is talking about"

heroku is simplest. It's literally just creating a git repository of your django project locally and doing "git push" and then it's up.

Heroku is also free at the lowest tier.

>Apache

this looks like the ticket. and there are a few guides on doing exactly what i want to do, too.

out of curiosity, how would heroku compare to digital ocean?

yeah that was my roundabout way of calling him a dick. god forbid someone uses the sacred django framework without first doing penance. i respect web stuff but i just find it not as interesting as other Sup Forums things.

>Ignoring decades of development and features

>ignoring nginx

>Implying ngnix is even close in terms of feature set to Apache
>muh asynchronous request handling

>or I have seen people using DigitalOcean.com and a bunch of stuff that looks easier.
buy a $5 VPS from Digitalocean or other similar providers

buy a domain, point it at the IP of your VPS

learn the linux command line

put your website on the server and run it, put nginx or whatever in front of it (I don't know anything about running Django)

keep your server up to date

ez

Just compile it in senpai :^)

I had same problems while working on my simple Sup Forums inspired website.
Used digitalocean.
they give you 10$ free money once you sign up and add your card. Quite simple and intuitive.

I used uwsgi with nginx. It has many configuration options. and apparently nginx talks with uwsgi directly so makes it faster

>learn linux
>learn fabric
deploy like a king

all of them are crap

>how would heroku compare to digital ocean?

Never had experience with digital ocean. Heroku is easier, but also is less customizable. For example saving files and so on. If you want to save files then it's easier to use something like Amazon web services or AWS S3 service.

You might try to do some workarounds on Heroku, but it's not built for that. It's built for easy deployment and easy to deal with databases and that sort of thing.

>wordpress
Bloated
>drupal
Super bloated
>joomla
Bloat Bloat McBloaty Bloat

No thanks.

This is what happens when I do "game development". It becomes "game engine development".

>literally nothing but le bloat maymay
>timesinking before you even make the site
confirmed never gonna make anything

This.

Zen master way.

Does Python have a framework like the PHP's Laravel+Homestead?