How are Toshiba HDDs?

How are Toshiba HDDs?

Was thinking of getting the DT01ACAxxx 2TB

Terrible. Just don't. Managed a repair shop for two years, almost every toshiba I tested that wasn't brand new had bad sectors.

Don't do it, user. They're worse than Seagate drives.

>Toshiba HDDs
From my experience they are the worse brand.

all the tosiba 2.5" drives i've had have died, my 3.5" movie storage drive is still going strong after 5 years though

Which HDD brands should be avoided?

I'm guessing anything besides WD.

All of them. Use SSDs.

Samsung HDD are GOAT

anything that isn't a WD, toshiba, or even seagate.

if you do make the decision to get a seagate (and they're hard to avoid in this market), it's typically only the 3TB drives with the higher failure rate rep.

WD is solid all-around. it's hard to go wrong.

and toshiba now owns hitachi so yeah

lol the HDD in my toshiba satellite has been fried twice. Second time a couple weeks ago. Posting from shitty acer aspire one notebook that runs windows xp. fuck my life.

I was never even that harsh on it. I literally play lol and osrs on lowest settings. Toshiba sucks fucking ass.

>bought a Toshiba P300 drive because it had good reviews and some anons here told me they were good
>see this thread

Did I get memed?

this thread is fishy

These guys don't know what they're talking about

My spare laptop Toshiba that has been dead for at least two years suddenly started working again, renamed it the Phoenix.

But why?

with 2.5 drives, i've had multiple brands fail, even "high quality" stuff like WD scorpios.
3.5 drive failures have nearly all been hitachi or seagate

dunno, for my toshiba harddrives (1 portable, 2 internal) are going strong 6+ years

on contrary, my seagate died in 3 years

dont

been running one since 2014
no troubles yet. Recently got another WD drive just in case my luck runs out one of these days

The new Seagates with their dragons and falcons and shit are good