/guts/

"But moooooom I need a FULL tower!!" edition

Post 'em

I just spent a little while redoing my cables. It doesn't matter much because I don't even have case fans running this time of year or a window for that matter. Pic related is the before. The case was originally used for a regular ATX 2500k/6970 build with a ton of LEDs and case fans, hard drives. It's since evolved into matx 6600k/gtx 1060 itx with nothing but 2.5" drives.

I wish a company like Lian Li or NZXT would release a "make your own case" tool.

Like, pick the amount of drive bays, position of PSU, which panels are to be made of what, which things you want on the front IO, fan sizes and mounts

Id like a little cube with the GPU over the top of the CPU, with a psu mounted on its side on the bottom of the case, with two 2.5" bays mounted vertically on the front

but i dont want much more than that, this is all id ever really use, id be willing to pay the price premium for having one cut out, bent and painted for me

R8

OP from a thread or two ago here, I ordered another PSU and it was also DOA, what are the fucking odds?

The cooler master "mastercase" is getting some what close to that. They have some degree of modularity but I'm sure the extra parts are ridiculously expensive.
I'm OP, I want a new case pretty badly. If you look at my casse well over half of the mass could be removed. If I could just "reassemble" my phantom to better accommodate the modern components it now holds that would be awesome.
I appreciate the small amount of effort that went into choosing the red motherboard and ram with the MSI GPU. I see you have a hue but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. It just looks like you have white LEDs. Was the $50 or whatever worth it? I'm really jealous of your m.2 slot. You can get an insane SSD for it for like $120.
Not a fan of AIO coolers either. If I remember correctly the majority of them are outperformed by the "big" air coolers, and it seems like the consumer skylake chips aren't really limited by temperature when overclocking anyway. You can probably run a 6600k at it's max safe voltage with a hyper 212

Holy shit, is your case really smol or is that radiator really that big? Whatever CPU is under that thing better be at 5 ghz nigger.

>nothing but 2.5inch drives

literally paying more for no reason

I'm using a 4790k so when I want to get a little more CPU performance when doing 3d modeling it's useful to have the H100i. I mostly just used the HUE+ in that pic to show the internals a little brighter. Usually I have some other color rotating on it, and it's very nice. The LEDs are higher quality than any other desktop solution I've seen so I'd say that it is worth the money.

The 64gb SSD cost me about $250 but it's from 2011, and I got the 500gb for $113 with free shipping. The 500gb 2.5" came out of a laptop. I spent no extra money. Thanks for the feedback though.

Yeah I was saying that I dislike AIO because air matches or beats most of them.

Hi

You call that a full tower? Mine's 24" tall and weighs over 30 pounds.

secure that shit to the brackets

there's literally a fucking drive just thrown in the bottom

if you're going to do something, do it right

Maybe you didn't read the post? I understand, I just look at pictures sometimes too. I just redid the cables, the picture in OP is how it looks currently, the picture you responded to is how it used to look.

Anyway its not like the drive or case moved or anything. It was totally fine "just thrown" in there.

>He fell for the watercooling meme
>He now heats up all the air coming into his case and blows it all over his other components

NO!
I want it in chronological order!
I can't sleep until the last pic of it is secured properly!

280mm radiator, CPU @ 4.7 GHz

A friend did the same radiator setup and got temps of 60 under load, so I'm not concerned

The RAM doesn't really match with the build but here's my baby

>92mm out
the fuck is wrong with you?

hope you enjoy loud GPU fan(s) and overheating your vrms/capacitors/hdds
p.s ssd's get hotter than hdds without a hot as fuck cpu air blown over it

>my baby
>my beast
>my monster
>my rig
cringe as fuck. Is it actually your first real computer? I guess I said the same thing about mine back when I was 15 but that feeling wears off relatively fast

>what are the fucking odds

The odds are something else is wrong or you're buying an inadequately shitty one.

Yes it's my first computer, I built it from working over the summer because schoolcuck. I call it my baby because I would honestly kill myself if it broke

I can understand. If I suddenly lost my computer or it was completely destroyed one way or another I would be devastated as well. I spent 90%+ of time that doesn't absolutely have to spent somewhere else on my desktop.
More or less my set up if I had more income. I am infinitely jealous of the 1440p 165hz monitor, I had to settle for my second 1080p 144hz monitor, don't want to talk about what happened to the first one. I regret buying a white case back in 2011 when I upgraded, black cases just look so much nicer in these threads.
Deal with it you sniveling little faggot.

No, I tested with a working PC, both PSU's are ded. I've given up on EVGA, I ordered a different PSU this time.

I'm just afraid I'll end up how my brother did PC-wise. A shitty power supply fried 4 motherboards and 2 cpus before we put two and two together, now he owns 5 $150.00+ motherboards, 2 i7-6700k's.

Why the fuck wouldn't he sell them? I always buy shit no-name power supplies and never have a problem. I have a cheap 750w non-modular corsair right now that has like 4 years of up time probably.

Because Rosewill is a janky brand and we're not completely sure if the motherboards are completely broken or the cpu is just too new and they're just shitting their pants

Which EVGA lineup?

Buying the monitor was part great, and part shooting myself in the foot. Sure, it's absolutely gorgeous and butter smooth, but...
>moving on from 16:10 master race
>1070 can't even max out Witcher 3 at that resolution without dropping below 60 FPS (hairworks on)
>after 1440p/165Hz you can't really go back to 1080-1200p/60Hz

Might as well have waited for Volta to get a GPU that can handle 1440p at high refresh rates.

Kind of your fault, it should have been obvious that that was the case. I don't think any gpu can do that. It's the same at 1080p. The games I can max at 1080p 144hz aren't graphics intensive like overwatch and WoW and the other games like the witcher I would need a 1080 to do so it's not worth it.

HAHA That first image. Sho empty.

Why is the image upside down you dick tit

Because I built it upside down. Duh.

Is there any advantage to building upside down rather than the IO being more towards the bottom for cable management?

Naa. Apparently I'm smart enough to build a PC but can't figure out how to post pictures in the right orientation. I swear they're not upside down on my PC.

why why why you fucking cock

I figured that since you were just using Inverted-ATX

high for a builder like you

That first image is mine. On one hand I'd love to go all out on aesthetics but on the other every dollar I put towards something that looks nice could be put towards more preformance. Weather it be selling my GPU and going up to a 1070 or vega, getting a z170 board to overclock my cpu, nvme, another ssd for raid, whatever I'm always weighing that against a new case, leds, fans, etc.

Your shit looks gorgeous, you must stop and just look through the window pretty often.
My phone does this. For some reason it puts an orientation tag in the EXIF which is then wiped away when you post it. So it looks normal on your phone or PC but inverted on Sup Forums. I just open the image and gyazo it then post that.
I bought that motherboard, ram, cpu, and gpu a few months ago but have had the case for 5 years now. Didn't want to waste money for a new case. See above for explanation.

why
three fucking pins for your card?
what the fuck are you doing

and a fucking xeon

Thanks. I literally just finished building it. I'm loving it so far.

there isn't a fucking build in this thread that makes any sense what are you kjds reading to put together shit like this

honestly your parents need to be stricter with you

and if you're not 12

what the fuck are you doing, you're old enough to research things why would you ever build anything in this thread

mods pin this and warn builders

3 pins?

you don't have to have any intelligence to build a computer

kids in middle school do this

you're a fucking idiot

A WILD KEK PIPES UP! AHHHHAHAHAHA

holy Blood on the Risers

The air coming from an AIO is far from "hot as fuck". It's less than a five degree difference, so calm your autism.