QBittorrent 3.3.10 is out with official 64 bit version. Bye bye uBotnet!

>qBittorrent v3.3.10 was released containing hotfixes. Windows users: There is an installer for 64-bit qbittorrent. However, you might experience increased memory usage due to this.

>NOTICE TO PACKAGERS: Read 3.3.8 news and changelog too.

>BUGFIX: Fix share ratio limiting. Broken by commit 259b5e51c49b744. Closes #6039 #6048. (sledgehammer999)
>BUGFIX: Case insensitive sort for client column. Closes #6054. (Oke Atime)
>BUGFIX: Make resume/pause menu items clickable. Closes #6040. (Oke Atime)
>WINDOWS: Make the updater to look for the x64 installer if running x64 version. (sledgehammer999)

qbittorrent.org/news.php

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.utorrent.com/topic/70656-µtorrent-30-32-bit-stable-release/
qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,1645.270.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's been 10 years and the devs have still not fixed the stalled bug.

ok

my torrents have literally never stalled once

10 years and you haven't fixed the stall meme

the fuck is he talking about?

>meme

The update process needs some improvements, for fuck's sake. It's annoying to find out there's a new update every time I start a torrent. If I start a torrent, I'm not partial to waiting to install the update. These last few days have really highlighted how asinine that is.

They will someday do an auto update.

>3 updates in 2 days
This is why I use a client that got it right 5 years ago.
qBittorrent has now been out for 10 years and they still can't get it right. How incompetent can one dev team be?

enjoy your rootkits

391k vs 16MB of botnet. Though the qBittorrent botnet would probably sit there STALLED.

>open source
>botnet

ok enjoy your rootkits, gaymer

False positive. Nice try, nigger.

>emergency patch released within hours
>false clean sample uploaded to virustotal

I used to not believe in the stalled meme, but then I upgraded to 3.3 and all of my torrents stalled.

They'd work in every other torrent client.

>Bothering with qBittorrent or libtorrent-rasterbar programs

I switched to Transmission and never looked back.

I know right???????????

Stalled??? What does that mean?????

µTorrent 2.2.1 has numerous security vulnerabilities that were fixed in subsequent verions. You are willingly using outdated, insecure software. You're also using a version of the client released post-buyout.

it doesnt support proxies anymore

>it's old so it must be insecure!
391k.

>µTorrent 2.2.1 has numerous security vulnerabilities
>i'm not gonna list them but trust me

sure kid

It's a torrent client. Why does it matter if it's 32 or 64 bit?

>false clean sample uploaded to virustotal
You posted this on the other thread as well. I hope so much you are trolling that I'm even giving you the big (YOU) that you wanted.

Enjoy it, you deserve it.

lol

You have no idea what is contained within those 391KB, especially since BitTorrent, Inc. has ties to the MPAA and RIAA. You do realize µTorrent was bought out prior to 1.7, right? Anything after 1.7 can't be trusted, and using software that's both outdated and post-buyout isn't very smart from a security standpoint.

The release notes are publicly available, but here you go, the release notes for 3.0:

forum.utorrent.com/topic/70656-µtorrent-30-32-bit-stable-release/

I like this client

>However, you might experience increased memory usage due to this.

Increased memory usage on the only client that actually stalls torrent.

No thanks.

>This is why I use a client that got it right 5 years ago.
But user, µBotnet can sometimes have 3 updates in a single day. New minor builds with nothing changed besides different ads.
Just because you decided to stick with an old version doesn't change that fact.
You are free to stick with any old version of qBittorrent and disable updates there too.

>use torrent client that never has any problems
or
>use bloated client that stalls your torrent

what did he mean by this?

Any reason I should switch from Deluge to qBt?

Yes, you get the stall feature.

>I'm jealous that qBittorrent gets all these updates and Deluge gets nothing

Any benefit to using the 64 bit version instead of the 32 bit?

Deluge is good.

Users say its much better for heavy torrenting

qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,1645.270.html

>qBittorrent 3.3.10
16MB
>utorrent 221
350KB

>both do exactly the same things

uhh, it's open-source, that means it must be 50 times larger and stall torrents for it to perform the same

Except qBittorrent will support any future advancements in the Bittorrent protocol and actually receives security updates, which utorrent 2.2.1 never will.

Qbittorrent is cross platform and uses Qt.

utorrent only has to use the winapi.

(you)

>future advancements in the Bittorrent protocol
What advancements are that,?
There haven't been any for 10 years!
We all know about the security memes.

People who cling to uTorrent 2.2.1 are the same fags who cling to VLC and Opera. Technology moves on ya dinguses.

µTP may be 10 years old, but it wasn't added to utorrent until two years after utorrent was bought out and it came into existence. Magnet link support wasn't added until 2008, two years after the buyout.

Just because there has been no new development in the past 10 years doesn't mean there never will be new development. At that time, utorrent 2.2.1 will not support that development.

What?

Give me one reason outside of "security" memes to upgrade from utorrent 2.2.1

They aren't memes. There's a link further up in the thread to the changelog for 3.0, the first version after 2.2.1. Fucking read it and learn about shit that will NEVER get fixed due to your refusal to upgrade.

the fuck are you talking about? i've been using qb for years and never seen this. Try actually using it instead of repeating what other people say.

I'll switch to qb immediately as they fix this shitty design.

its a joke I think
when you get torrent that has no seeds/peers
it does not move and label it gets is stalled

considering I never had it in 3 years of use in torrents that had peers/seeds, I expect that its a joke.. like saying that amd has no drivers

>µTP
Is shit.
It's meant to throttle your download speed in order to avoid network congestion, meaning so other people on the network don't get shitty speeds while you download which is total CRAP.
1ST THING i DISABLE AFTER FRESH INSTALL.
Utp was a step back not an advancement.

>qbloat

>both do exactly the same things

qBittorrent actually does more than uTorrent 2.2.1 and that is a fact. It's only the lack of native code that makes qBittorrent bigger, really.

>more
MORE WHAT?!
Wtf ware you talking about?

Built in search, label support, tracker sorting, can create torrents with a bigger piece size, etc.

qBittorrent is far ahead of uTorrent 2.2.1 and you guys are only using it because you're dumb Winfags who have babby duck syndrome.

And I don't even use qBittorrent. I use Transmission on private trackers with my NAS.

why I cant go back to shitty µtorrent
not to mention sequential downloading and preview

glad i stopped using qbittorrent then

>Built in search, label support, tracker sorting, can create torrents with a bigger piece size, etc.

Sequential downloading + previewing a file while it downloads, a built-in webui, extended RSS support.

uTorrent 2.2.1 is literally 7 years old now. It's time to move on.

>ITT: uFaggots stuck in 2011
How's the Xbox 360 doing? Man I sure am excited for the first Captain America and Thor movies! OMG did you hear that they killed Bin Laden?!

>Stalled
Fuck I thought this was a joke, how do I fix it?

You can't.

>how do I fix it?
By not listening to shitty memes on Sup Forums.

Been using qBittorrent for years now and have not seen the stalledmeme even once.

>Built in search for torrents in the client(ut3.0 has that and it's 1MB)

That's the only thing ut221 doesn't have.
I can tracker sort and create torrents with bigger pieces.

>sequential downloading and preview
Sequential downloading works BETTER in 221 than qbt+(smoother sequential downloading, not skipping so many pieces)
I don't have to manually choose to sequential download every torrent, it does that automatically, AND I get sequential files meaning that if I get a season It will download ep 1 in sequential order so I can start watching it right away! qbt does that?!
AGAIN ut 221 not the latest.
Also ut221 supports adding search engines from sites inside the client.

>a built-in webui, extended RSS support.
Whatever extended is suppose to mean... in 3.0 qbt rss was worse than ut221, idk what extended is suppose to mean since ut221 doesn't miss anything.
ut221 supports webui

should I switch to 64-bit? what would be the benefit? it should only matter if I have like three-fiddy torrents up, right?

Which one of you did it?

Pretty much. It's more stable for people who actually seed.

Me

But they are you turbofaggot.
Your vulnerabilities have been showed numerous times on this very board to be at worst inconsequential.

f-ck off, I seed. but I only have 10-15 torrents up at a time.

>he doesn't actually seed

b-back off

>tfw no transmission for windows

there is but it's shitty

Transmission-qt works fine on Windows.

what's wrong with vlc then?
also
captcha: street calle
does this mean I'm pitbull now?

Two words:
Transmission QT

QT is not a word

Why do these threads exist? Why is a hotfix news worthy? Why would I use a client that needs to update every time I use it?

>not GTK

>a client that needs to update every time I use it?

this doesn't happen, user

qbittorrent doesn't seed properly. The upload speed is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too low for some reason. Didn't have the problem in utorrent and I love to seed. Can't seem to be able to fix it and there's no upload speed limit. Does this update address this maybe? Downloading now anyway

O-Ok why would I bother with the 64bit version if the same fixes etc./same code is present in the 32bit version? Do people like increased memory usage?

It's more stable for people who seed many torrents.

um, works fine for me, sir...

UI update when? it's bumfuck 2003-tier ugly

works on my machine

>Alltime

Have you been using it for one week?

t. first worlder

ugh, are you kidding me?

>not having 2000k TB downloaded
>not having 50000k TB uploaded
>2216

t. neo worlder

Make a torrent DHT, EX, etc.., then copy magnet link, post it here, watch how much time it takes for anyone to connect to it or even get the metadata.

inb4 you're actually from the US.

Pass.

wat

Make a torrent, and share the magnet link, it'll take hours for people to start downloading anything from it because qBittorent has a stalling problem.

It may have stalling problems, but uT has built in Tetris (hit T in the about screen) so there's that

Go away with your FUD, utorrent shill. Your torrent client is dying, accept it.

>implying a uTorrent shill would shill some ancient version of the software instead of the current edition

Everyone knows that 2.2.1 is the preferred version. If you're going to get someone to use your software, it's better they're using an older version than a competitors software. It's like what microsoft said about piracy, if they're going to pirate something it's better they pirated your software.

>Everyone knows that 2.2.1 is the preferred version.

no

Don't forget about it deleting and rechecking entire torrents on each startup if they are few hundred GBs in size, which is pretty standard for RAW bluray collections or TLMC

>he thinks that there are only peers when STALLEDtorrent connects, and that it not connecting means there aren't any.
It's called STALLEDtorrent because it won't connect when there ARE peers. A torrent that is sitting there dead in qBittorrent will often start up in 2 seconds in uTorrent.
qBittorrent has something wrong with the way it connects. I can load the same single-peer torrent in qBittorrent and uTorrent 2.2.1 (with both clients showing connectable), start it in uTorrent and watch it happily download, then stop it and start it in qB and watch the peer's IP show up for several seconds before dropping with nothing transferred.
Stable peer to peer shouldn't be rocket science, but it seems to be above the heads of the qB developers.

qBittorrent seems to be on the level of uTorrent 1.4's connectability, IIRC. uTorrent finally got it nailed down with 1.6, which was a dream after all the instabilities prior.

For qB to be in development 10 years and still not have the basics down is pretty sorry.

Can you prove that any exploits were actually fixed? That's right, you can't, because it's proprietary. Enjoy mining bitcoins for free and who knows what else.

Meant for:

You don't seem to know how the burden of proof works.