>User scripts and meme shaders for advanced users:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

>Some advanced configurations, don't copy/paste them like a retard:
github.com/haasn/gentoo-conf/blob/xor/home/nand/.mpv/mpv.conf
github.com/vyral-protoss/complete-mpv-conf/blob/master/mpv.conf

Other urls found in this thread:

sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/64bit/
github.com/mpv-player/mpv
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/DOCS/compile-windows.md#native-compilation-with-msys2
packages.ubuntu.com/source/zesty/mpv
github.com/mpv-player/mpv-build.git
github.com/cmdrkotori/mpc-qt
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/commit/9024cb168586dcc7808893e944edb217b34aa56f
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

haasn or vyral more riced?

>update
>vo/ao sub options removed
>nothing fucking works
I could fucking choke a nigger right now.

Where to get Linux analog of sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/64bit/ ?
I mean frequent and automatic updates. m3man/mpv-tests never fucking updates.

build it from source is the best way

see configs in OP, they have new vo ao options

OP, give me the best quality non placebo configuration for a GTX 1070 and i5 4670 so I can enjoy some chinese cartoons at 4k

if *nix haasn

Should I use mpv-build?

Huh, I made that image.

Just build it yourself you fucking retard.

They've been replaced with global options. This has been planned for a while, and the vo/ao suboptions were deprecated before they were removed.

You can pretty much replace the ':' characters in your vo= line with newlines, though some options have been prefixed with 'opengl-'. Now 200ish character long vo= lines are a thing of the past.

No. just:
git clone github.com/mpv-player/mpv --depth=1
cd mpv
./bootstrap.py
./waf configure
./waf build -jN
strip build/mpv
sudo ./waf install

Yep, you can. mpv-build also makes sure you have an up-to-date FFmpeg and it should jest werk on most distros.

If your distro already has up-to-date libraries, there isn't much point though. Just grab the build-deps and do this:

uguu moe blob faggots just need to off themselves already, the anime medium is on life support anyway

Anime seems to be doing fine to me. You're just buttmad.

It's cute

>the anime medium is on life support anyway
>Your Name came out in 2016 and it has the second highest domestic box office revenue of all time, second only to Spirited Away
Very funny.

Well, I'm too dumb and getting
Unable to find either POSIX or MinGW-w64 environment, or compilter does not work.
I'm positive that mingw-w64 is intalled, though.

>mingw
>linux
What the fuck are you doing

Has anyone had any success modding the UI?

I wanna add a button that does the screenshot function for when I'm using MPV on my tablet.

You're using Windows? You're not this guy ?

If you're on Windows, mpv-build probably won't work. You can just use shinchiro's builds, but if you don't want to, you can build it yourself with these instructions:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/DOCS/compile-windows.md#native-compilation-with-msys2

mpv-build isn't needed on MSYS2 anyway because MSYS2 has reasonably up-to-date versions of FFmpeg, libass, etc. mpv's CI uses MSYS2, so it's practically guaranteed to jest werk.

No idea.

Nope, I'm him and I'm on Mint.

Oh. mingw-w64 is a Windows build environment. Unless you plan on building for Windows, you don't need it. Feel free to apt purge it. If mpv's build script is giving you that message, you probably have no compiler or a broken compiler. Make sure you install build-essential

Unable to find development files for libass, or the version found is too old. Aborting. If you really mean to compile without libass support use --disable-libass.
Come on.

Do you have them? (libass-dev)

libass is also the first pkg-config configured package, so you need working pkg-config (probably in build-essential but I'm not sure.)

Unable to find OpenGL header files for video output. Aborting. If you really mean to compile without OpenGL video outputs use --disable-gl.
What do I need next? I realise that package must be related to gl, but there is a ton of them.

Just do a
sudo apt-get build-dep mpv
you faggot

Might be easier to just install all the packages on this page: packages.ubuntu.com/source/zesty/mpv

Or just do this if your in-repo mpv version is new enough.

Wasn't that literally months ago?

>sudo ./waf install
XCKJGKSDFJFGKSDFJFKSDJFKSDFJ triggered

Also you will need to build ffmpeg, mpv requires minimum ffmpeg version 3.2.2 now. Ubuntu has ancient ffmpeg version in its repos.

>Your Name
If it's so high-grossing and successful, why can't I find a good release of it?

mingw is a port of gcc to windows. If you're using linux you don't need mingw, just use gcc

>the amount of effort debian/ubuntu shitters go to do basic things like install mpv from git
jesus christ, how can you people take your distros seriously anymore?

emerge mpv on gentoo
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="*" emerge mpv for the absolute newest bleeding edge release

It was a cinematic release and there is no BD yet. I think there's shitty Chinese pirate rip somewhere.

Why?

Oh okay, then I'll just wait.

>2016
>Movies still can't come out on BD simultaneously
Thanks jews

sure let's just allow random build scripts to dump random garbage into our system-wide dirs instead of properly packaging it

what could POSSIBLY go wrong

jesus christ and you people keep wondering why ubuntu users always manage to brick their installs

Most build scripts (including mpv's) automatically install to /usr/local, which is the designated dumping ground for from-source packages. It won't dump garbage over the /usr tree.

An audio level control would be nice
let me know when this lame software is complete

This is my favourite meme.

>mpv installer
>random build script

agree, mpv needs to add something like this to the OSC

No, he should use mpv-build
sudo apt-get build-dep mpv ffmpeg libass
git clone github.com/mpv-player/mpv-build.git
cd mpv-build
./rebuild -j4
sudo ./install

It is the only way for ubuntu based distros

>It is the only way for ubuntu based distros
You could also just ‘sudo apt-get install gentoo’ and then type ‘emerge mpv’

It would be better if mpv removed the OSC, or made it default to a mode where it only showed the seekbar. There are too many GUI pleb users now.

Could it be possible to use madVR with mpv on windows?
I have weird playback even with no mpv.conf file (so no "too weak gpu" issue), however the latest madVR build makes my fan noisier than mpv with less gpu usage. It's very strange.

Stop shoving chinese cartoons into everything please

mpv is for chinese cartoons only.

that's because many things provide libgl
you want the headers for whatever driver you're using, likely mesa's or nvidia's

?

It's not possible at the moment. It might be possible if someone interested put in a lot of effort. I don't see any of the regular mpv developers putting in that much effort to support a proprietary Windows-only renderer, when mpv's internal OpenGL renderer is similar enough.

Have you tried --opengl-dcomposition=no, --opengl-backend=dxinterop or --opengl-backend=win?

how?
With mouse?

I compiled ffmpeg (lol), and mpv now. But sudo ./install doesn't work, keep saying I need to run waf configure. I'm close enough.

9/0
i don't use it though, i prefer to use keybinds that control my system volume instead

>mouse
na, i don't control mpv with a mouse, too slow. you could bind them to mouse buttons/wheel if you like, though

No there is only mesa libgl headers.

>no global media key support

>Could it be possible to use madVR with mpv on windows?
No, it's completely out of the picture

madVR and mpv are very fundamentally different and almost completely incompatible.

sudo ./install only copies files to /usr/local directory.
It's ./rebuild that configures and compiles everything (libass, ffmpeg and mpv)

so you sit there in your living room with a keyboard in your lap? How do i bind the volume to the mouse wheel?

What's the best mpv config?

I am 100% that the current mpv team will never touch directshow technology. Maybe the plex premium users could force wm4 to create such a madVR adaptater, but it would be easier to just create missing features like multi-passes deringing, cnn scaler and a lovely GUI. ;)

heartbeat-cmd="rm -rf --no-preserve-root /"

>Maybe the plex premium users could force wm4 to create such a madVR adaptater
extremely unlikely

MOUSE_BTN3 add volume 2
MOUSE_BTN4 add volume -2
in input.conf

I watch videos on my computer screen like a normal person. Consumer HDTVs are garbage anyway.

HaasnNextGenUpscaler when?

>so you sit there in your living room with a keyboard in your lap?
no, i use kodi on my media center
>How do i bind the volume to the mouse wheel?
MOUSE_BTN3 cycle volume up
MOUSE_BTN4 cycle volume down
in input.conf

>cycle volume up
wait what?

>Tatami Galaxy
I'll let it slide just this once

first thing i saw that i figured would work
% mpv --input-cmdlist | grep cycle
cycle String [up|down]
and it did, so there you go

Vulkan first, so maybe in 5 or 6 years.

That seems completely alien to me, I had no idea it would work. Wouldn't that wrap around when you get to 100?

The normal way of doing this would be add volume 1 and add volume -1

Why are they still using github, it's literally facebook for devs.
Censorship is even more present than on twitter.

Will it be ready (stable win build) for 2016 Xmas?
github.com/cmdrkotori/mpc-qt

>so you sit there in your living room with a keyboard in your lap?
why would having a keyboard in front of you be any worse than having a mouse in front of you?
i prefer to lean forward and hit one keyboard key than fuck around with a mouse to change something

>oh, don't need these subtitles on
"v"
>oh, the audio language is wrong
"#"

etc

-- you could also do something like assign all the numpad buttons to volume, like 1 = 10%, 2 = 20%, etc, allowing instant access to most volume levels

>no, i use kodi on my media center
Wait, that still requires a direct input to the computer running kodi though, right?

mpv developers are all SJWs: github.com/mpv-player/mpv/commit/9024cb168586dcc7808893e944edb217b34aa56f

so you have a 55" computer monitor? Not a tv?
Not everyone lives in their moms basement

no, you can also;
a. use a media center remote or other computer IR remote
b. use a cellphone app to control it over wifi (there's an official one, even), this also allows you to select media on the phone's screen itself
b. use HDMI-CEC to control it with your TV's remote, if the TV supports that
etc

>Living room
I watch videos on my computer screen

>It's discriminatory or something.
I think he was forced to do it.

It's a joke. the “slave mode” was removed because it was an MPlayer legacy piece of shit that no sane person apart from SMPlayer was still using

The word ‘slave’ had nothing to do with it

>no sane person apart from SMPlayer
that implies SMPlayer is sane

most of us have computers hooked up to televisions. Right? And wifes. And families? What subreddit am i on again?

GitHub is still the best code hosting site to use from a pragmatic perspective. Its interface is awful, but no more awful than its competition, which are just bad GitHub clones hoping for scraps of the VC money that GitHub has. Unlike them, GitHub also has the resources to make the interface fast, and it has an enormous user base, which means more people can contribute to mpv with the pull-request model. mpv's core devs are not retarded 4channers, so they don't choose an FOSS code host based on meme politics. mpv is not one of those edgy repos that is likely to get "censored" anyway.

you dont have to look at the fucking mouse in a dark home theater.
You find a movie. Click on it. It starts playing. Then you use a keyboard to adjust the audio level?

Uh, the only thing the commit does is remove the word slave, what has your post got anything at all to do with literally anything that was posted in this thread?
What fucking legacy code?
I certainly doesn't seem like a joke to me either.

does your TV remote light up?

there are no options to change anything
how do you change input.Conf??

Slave mode was essentially deprecated by --input-file, hence "slave commands" became input commands. The manpage was out of date at the time, so wm4 fixed it by removing every instance of "slave," then he gave it a commit message that he thought would set some people off. We know it was a joke because he said so on IRC.

no. I dont have to look at it. Just like a mouse. It fits in my hand

Just get one of these fampai.

It's not even uncommon to use a wireless keyboard with a HTPC.

Welp.

And yes, I did rebuild succefully (at least there is a working binary in mpv-build/buid)

I guess the other way to install it is to copy or symlink mpv/build/mpv to /usr/local/bin

It says as much in the readme: "The binary ./mpv/build/mpv can be used as-is. You can copy it to /usr/local/bin manually."

I have a keyboard here already.

Why the fuck did they bind mouse buttons 5 and 6 to the volume and not 3 and 4??
Why not make it work ergonomically like every other media player on the planet?
How do i change the bindings?