Free cloud storage general /fcsg/

>muh storage
Chiomikuj:
-one of the top Polish sites since 2006
>UNLIMITED storage for life
>UNLIMITED file size, yes even 50GB files
>choose your files to be private or visible to the world
>speeds are as much as you can input/output
>if you want to download from other people's public files you need to pay(the only downside and how they make money)
YOU ARE THE HAMSTER!!

YOU
ARE
THE
HAMSTER!!

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/32oniv/so_how_are_you_all_finding_the_speeds_to_amazon/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Other free cloud storage services with TBs/for life/free:
Yunpan.360:
Pros:
>10TB free cloud storage
>preview files like music, pdf, zip files, in browser
Cons:
>slow speeds
>requires client to upload files larger than 360MB
>the client constantly disconnects and doesn't automatically reconnect
>client was viewed as malware on earlier versions
>preview of mp3 files stutters

Baidu pan:
Pros:
>2TB free cloud storage
>preview files like music, pdf, zip files,movies in browser
>download magnets in your cloud
Cons:
>slow speeds
>requires client to upload files larger than 100MB
>movies always stutter while streaming and require flash player

Weiyun:

>1TB free cloud storage
>preview files like music, pdf in browser
>filesize limit 1GB in browser(decent)
>download speeds 2-3MB/s (decent)
Cons:
>preview of music files doesn't need flash but you can't see the player(no stutter)
>preview of pdf files gives me an error

I would/will choose multiple weiyun since it's the only reasonable service, the others just aren't really offering that much space(360 constantly disconnects you and you have to manually reconnect like every 15min+100KB/s upload speed, baidu doesn't disconnect you but the upload speed is low and the download is like 600KB/s and even tells you in the client that you need to buy more download speed when you are downloading,you can't download you own files larger than 300MB without client, it's just ridiculous)
Baidu+360:
>hey we'll let you preview your files if you enjoy the stutter, your choice, but we do offer the preview
>hey we offer so much space but good luck uploading/using it

Promptfiles offer 250GB free cloud storage
Degoo -100GB

Flickr-1TB-pictures and videos
Google photos-unlimited for pictures but will convert them

mega - 50gb, solid encryption

Chomikuj is fucking cancer and should cease to exist. I ain't paying to download some shit and the 50MB you get for "free" is a joke.

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD YOUR OWN SHIT!
50MB is if you want to download from other users!

That's what I'm talking about.
I don't care about my files - have them all on my HDDs.
Hostuje.net is way better imo. Only downside is the files get removed if they were not downloaded in the past 90 days.
It also allows you to safe download the files and put a password before anyone can download it.

>they were not downloaded in the past 90 days.
That's not a cloud STORAGE, it's a filesharing site.
Chiomikuj is cloud STORAGE, meaning it's where you STORE your files for as long as you like.

True, but it can also serve that purpose, the files are available for everyone and everytime.
Unless you decline the access to anybody else.
But on the other hand "refreshing" the files every now and then could be cumbersome.
Also why the fuck is captcha automatically solved even though I'm in incognito mode?

>Also why the fuck is captcha automatically solved even though I'm in incognito mode?
Idk
Thing is that to store your files it actually costs you a lot of money if you go elsewhere.
And those filesharing sites make money by showing adds to users that download and b8ing them into getting premium or uploading themselves in order to make free download less of a shitfest.
Can you tell me, how do you store your files if after 90 days no one gets them or they get hit by DMCA complain and they're gone?

What happened to megaupload?

There's a "refresh file/-s" option, 1 click and you're set. DMCA is another thing but it can't do shit to your files if they're set as private, just 4u to see and dl.
And once removed the files are gone. Full gone.

>HAVING TO CLICK REFRESH LIKE A MONKEY

1 click every 2 months? I'm ok with this. Also there's a "select all" box so it makes things even easier.

Is there FUSE file system for Chiomikuj?
I can't find one

probably not, idk.
1 click on each file when have TBs.
Dmca hits you're fucked. People can see your files. If you share too much and ppl download you could get a law suit.

>1 click on each file when have TBs.
What.
>Dmca hits you're fucked. People can see your files. If you share too much and ppl download you could get a law suit.
If you plan on sharing files then yes.
But if you want to keep them for yourself, then there's literally nothing going to happen to you.

It's a filesharing site meaning your files will pop up on search results.
All filesharing sites are annoying to store files MOSTLY because they use a a bunch of scripts and when a file gets flagged by the DMCA it will search and flag any file with that hash and take it down.
And not to mention that a lot of filesharing sites have hit the dust bin, even the most successful like rapidshare or megaupload.

Unless you mark them as private. I remember a site called "odsiebie.com". That was the best thing that has ever happened to the polish internet. R.I.P. in Peru.

I wish I could to this instead of having heaps of backup drives. It'd literally take 2 months of 24/7 uploading for me to upload 1TB on my connection.

>R.I.P. in Peru.
Ok but what site is like that now?
Cause I'm actually looking.

Like "odsiebie.com"? Pretty much none. Imo "hostuje.net" is the closest one but:
- files smaller than 250MB get deleted after staying idle for 90 days,
- files bigger than 250MB get deleted after 21 days,
- DMCA. If your files are not set as private then you might get fucked.
Odsiebie had literally no limits, no data caps, no bandwidth limits, no file size limits. It was like having access to your HDD everywhere anytime. And it was free.

>- files smaller than 250MB get deleted after staying idle for 90 days,
>- files bigger than 250MB get deleted after 21 days,
>- DMCA. If your files are not set as private then you might get fucked.
Sounds to me like a bunch of crap.

Amazon offers unlimited storage at decent speeds for $70 / year
You can mount it encrypted on GNU/Linux

70$/year sounds good. what's the speed?

Maybeh. But "works for me™" and I'll keep using it.
Also I don't have files bigger than 250MB stored there so I'm good with refreshing them 4 or 6 times a year.

Speeds are decent, expect 30 Mbit/s upwards.
Some report over 100 Mbit/s.

reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/32oniv/so_how_are_you_all_finding_the_speeds_to_amazon/

I'm still struggling between this and building a NAS at home.

My Internet connection is slow, so I mostly would use the Amazon Drive as an archive for my seedbox. Basically just seed everything forever.

>Also I don't have files bigger than 250MB
GTFO pleb

>I've tried it on a 100/100 connection and it saturated the full upload

>I get about 90Mbit upload, 60Mbit download

Enough for a media archive. Easily enough to stream 1080p films directly

Why pay when you can get it for free?

Show me free unlimited storage that you can mount as a file system.

Why do you need that anyway?

Meh, I use it mostly to store some uni related stuff and that's it.
But I'm thinking on migrating all the FLACs I have to it to save space. MP3s on my devices should suffice for now.

How much do you plan to store?

I'm not managing 100 TiB of data with a web interface.

Also seeding torrents directly off the cloud storage.
Easily possible with Amazon.
Streaming with any application.
Automatically storing and retrieving backup archives.

My library is quite small to be honest, compared to some things people posted on Sup Forums at least. Pls no bully.
About 1/3 of this is in FLACs, there's also about 200+ mp3 files that are below those folders but it's a bloody mess.

Kim Dotcom sat on it

Fuck, that was meant for you.

>pleb

>paying 70 dollars to seed torrents

Please explain this to me

Chomikuj is goat because they lobby in the polish government.

Not the slightest chance of a legal action against chomikuj because muh pirates ruining our profits.

I use it for medicine-related books. There's shitload of them uploaded on chomikuj.

>I use it for medicine-related books. There's shitload of them uploaded on chomikuj.
Not only medicine related ones, technology related ones as well. Hell, Chomikuj is probably the best "library" Poland has.
The only downside is you pay for dl other people's files.

freedom ain't free

Does Chomikuj delete files that haven't been accessed in a certain amount of time?

>Hell, Chomikuj is probably the best "library" Poland has.
According to Google it's the 4th world's largest "pirate" enabling site.

Which is impressive cause it's Poland-only

nah.

How do you think they're suppose to make some money to offer you unlimited storage for life you fucking moron?
NO. It's STORAGE after all.

I'm impressed.

Maybe I'll give it a shot some other time, after reading the ToS that is. For now I'll stick to Hostuje.

I enjoy sharing

You're a good guy user.

Chomikuj seems a bit sketchy when it comes to privacy, seeing how anyone can see the names of your folders (seems that the files can be made private). Also no HTTPS.
But other than that, it might be good. Will see. I only need it for backups, nothing else.

Those chink shits either don't work anymore or are a bitch to sign up.
Mega is the only one that still offers 50GB or more for free.

>when it comes to privacy, seeing how anyone can see the names of your folders
you can hide them

>Those chink shits either don't work anymore or are a bitch to sign up.
they work but like this
on some you need a Chinese social account 1st like qq

I thought about writing a FUSE module for Chomikuj but they don't have a properly defined API, which means hacking with and parsing HTML forms.

Amazon Cloud is $70 / year.

That's cheaper compared to many hours working and refining a FUSE module for Chomikuj

You can see the names of all top level folders by going to, say:
chomikuj.pl/user/
And then you can get the names of the subfolders (even private ones) if you guess their names.

I tried signing up for a few chinks, but it was either all in chinese or required some chinese stuff or a mobile number.
If you know some that offers the site in english I might try it, otherwise it's too cumbersome.

top level yea but just name it: fuck you sneaky fucker
>I tried signing up for a few chinks
Had no such problems, just sign for weiyun, the others are complete b8 trash

>The movie producers claim that the owners of chomikuj.pl are also breaking the law by allowing illegal sharing to happen on their site. They are demanding 290,000 PLN worth of reparations and an introduction of automated controls over the shared content. But instead of addressing this issue, chomikuj.pl has referenced the previous case (with the book publishers), which ended really well for site as the court dismissed the suit. “They agreed with our argument that the case wasn’t suitable for a collective lawsuit,” stated Piotr Hałasiewicz, spokesperson for chomikuj.pl.

>Although neither the movie producers nor the book publishers are planning to quit, it seems like chomikuj.pl is in the clear for now.

with jews
you win

Beats 5GB from onedrive or 15 from jewgle