Why does Sup Forums hates js?

Why does Sup Forums hates js?

Because if they learn it they have no excuse to not have a job.

It's nonfree

what do you mean?

As a language it's merely okay. Its environment is what makes it worth knowing. The only real upside to me is how intuitive it is to make functions on the fly. Lambda syntax always struck me as pointless.

I don't really like dynamic typing in general. It just seems to promote terrible habits and makes it difficult to know what you're getting when you work on someone else's code. Also, the prototypal inheritance is really annoying to work with, without really offering any considerable utility over a standard class-based system.

If it weren't in browsers, which are the most JustWerks development target ever bar CLI, I don't think I would want to use it.

I think it's mainly the memory leaks and the overusage of the functions.

OP here
I wanna learn react native
what do you think about it, master?

fpbp

Never used React. But if learning it will help you make something or get a job, go for it. I'm just saying I don't love JS. Not that it's not useful.

doesn't have integers

probably because retarded nu males don't even bother writing in js these days.

they load up some bloated framework just to display static text (and track the shit out of you ofc)

there is literally nothing wrong with a little bit of vanilla js though

>Lambda syntax always struck me as pointless.
because you are an imperative code monkey

V8 (not sure about spidermonkey) does code/runtime analysis to see if a variable is used as an int, and recompiles accordingly. Allegedly there's a shit ton of behind-the-scenes stuff that tries to optimize wherever you write code like a real human being. Always invoking a function with the same argument type/count is one example.

If you're just referring to the pleasing purity of integer arithmetic, then yeah it's a bit annoying. There are likely several hundred Math.floor calls in the project I work on.

It was made by netscape

As a C/C++ programmer who hates Python and other scripting languages I think that ES6 is great.

Because it's a slow piece of shit with a retarded type system. JS is the very reason Chrome becomes slower and slower with every release and it will soon catch up with Fireshit in terms of being a slow piece of garbage, doesn't matter how many threads creates.

Because idiot web devs have meme'd it so hard that now there's now entire web pages that can't even be browsed without JS enabled.

Plus tracking, security, and bloat.

There is also nothing wrong in this day and age to load some "bloated" framework when its minified to weigh at about 5kb to get something done faster when on deadlines when it doesn't effect performance what so ever.

You sound like someone who doesn't really know what they are talking about.

>hurr you don't know what you're talking about!
You sure showed me with those hot arguments.

Sure, but you forget that it's never 5KB.

>uses "hurr"

Yeah. Nobody needs to bother wasting arguments on you. Certainly not me.

They buy chinkshit and then complain websites are slow and bloated because their weak hardware can't handle the modern web. Instead of realizing their shitty hardware is the problem and buying actual quality products such as the MacBook Pro with Retina display or an iPhone they just go full denial, install retarded addons like uMatrix and NoScript to block scripts (i.e. functionality) and shitpost about how JavaScript killed the web.

Then go fuck yourself, you fucking shitstain if you got nothing to add.

except it does

if it were just one 5kb framework it wouldn't be a problem

looking at the way webpages perform these days, that's clearly not the case

webdev is the ghetto of computer science and it shows

if pages were written by Aryan math majors in vanilla js it wouldn't be such a problem

So what's your fun and exciting use case for them?

You seem mad. Are you mad? Yes, you're clearly mad.

>web
>hardware

K Y S
Y
S

(You)

Language itself is good, the fact that it allows easier access into development sucks though, you have tabs occupying gigabytes of RAM because of incompetent morons that JS provided a way to earn money with

virtually any map, fold, or partial application?

Webdev here, use vanilla daily plz no bully

That's not the only issue. Because of all the bloat that has to be but on to web browsers in order for them to be able to do all of this we end up with a situation where the browser itself needs to be huge even when it's not doing anything. I mean, load up a site with fuck-all on it like Stallman.org in Dillo and it uses 13MB of memory, do the same in Firefox and it's using 250MB despite both looking exactly the same.

You could try and make the argument that "oh RAM is cheap just buy more" but that misses the entire point of the complaint.

Well obviously. But those cases are handled fine by anonymous functions (or more likely, existing functions as arguments), which in my experience results in cleaner code. And (also in my experience), having to use map/filter/fold etc all the time tends to imply poorly structured or just insufficiently cached data.

lambdas are anonymous functions. I don't know what you're talking about.

I'm coming from a Lisp background so I lambda in my sleep. that you think it results in less clean code is primarily the baby duck in you speaking

firefox isn't the issue here, for example once it loads the vp9 library using dynamic linking a few tabs can use the same resources to render things. the problem is when you have JS scripts leaking out the ass or morons who use 10 frameworks for a slider, or worse use JS for the whole thing to the point nothing renders when u use a text browser for example, we need a more difficult language

he means writing (x) => () { } or some shit rather than function () { ... }
it's just retarded syntactic sugar that they added to the spec for no good reason

I have nothing against memescript. I hate those who use it for something it was never intended to be.

I would call both of those a lambda, but whatever

So his argument is basically "they made the anonymous functions more concise and I'm not used to this"

CALLBACK HELL

In some languages they're not the same thing. I think C# has something where you can get abstract syntax trees from lambda expressions, which are separate from Delegates. Funky stuff, if you've a use for it.

>that you think it results in less clean code is primarily the baby duck in you speaking
Could be right there. I'm only spewing opinions.

promises/thenables m8

It's more than syntactic sugar.
It also captures the current value of "this", unlike javascript, where "this" will usually change to the global object and lead to surprises.

>unlike javascript
Unlike the normal anonymous function definition I mean.

webshit

It's an instrument of mass surveillance

so what would you say about react native?

There's nothing really wrong with Javascript or it's environment. It's just another tool. I do mostly server-side development, so I don't touch it often at work.

The V8 engine and the WebAssembly protocol are making Javascript faster and Javascript has some nice functional features too.