How do you clean your computer? Are you an absolute mad man and do it with a vacuum cleaner?

How do you clean your computer? Are you an absolute mad man and do it with a vacuum cleaner?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/Giottos-GTAA1900-Rocket-air-Blower-schwarz/dp/B00017LSPI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482141371&sr=8-1&keywords=air blower
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Always done it with a vacuum, never had any problems with it.

i never clean mine

>How do you clean your computer?
I use my powerful hair dryer and blow the shit in the case.

never
i just buy new hardware when it dies

with a cloth

I vacuum the filters. Done.

I use qtips and tissue to clean the dust.

this

if your PC gets shit inside then you built it wrong

It should be illegal to sell cases without dust filters.

I pop off the front cover of my cm 600 II every week and just blast it with hot water in the shower. Shame you can't remove the top and bottom like that as well.

Still despite all the filters some dust will get in, I usually use a big brush and one of those hand pumps for camera cleaning.

it almost never gets dust because I have 2 filters at every intake
but about once a year I use an air compressor

>Filters
lmao
enjoy your shit airflow

>q-tips
>paper towels
>alcohol
>can of air for the fuckhuge heatsink tower and PSU

I take my desktop outside and blow the dust out with a leaf blower. Been doing this for years and have no issues.

If dust gets lodged in the CPU fan and won't come out easily then I unscrew the fan and clean it with rubbing alcohol and a old tshirt.

I submerge mine in a tub of alcohol for about 5min and then let it air dry and evaporate for about half a day.

Squeaky clean after that.

Air compressor at 2-3 bars every 2 months.

stop leaving in static build up.

>implying i have a case.

I use an air compressor. Blows that dust out like nothing else.

I use a modeling paint brush and my mouth, I leave the PC connected to the plug but switched off for anti-static grounding. I also connect myself to the case with an anti static wrist strap.

I use the vacuum cleaner several inches away from the PC in order to suck up the displaced dust, without removing the dust it just gets sucked up into the PC again.

I turn on pic related and start blowing. Just block the fans so they don't spin out of control and die.

>compressed air cans
>literally paying for bottled air

Kek

Tfw lanboy air, tfw cleaning has never been easier

>BA

čo je toto za kokota???

>full cleaning every 6 months
>take everything apart
>wipe down inside of case with damp paper towel
>take actual computer parts like mobo, ram, gpu, etc
>dust with a very soft (and unused) paint brush
>reapply thermal paste
>put back together
>check for loose connections/screws or broken shit
>close case
>it all works fine
I do a similar thing with my laptops, just once a year. Probably explains why my 8 and 10 year old laptops are still good as day to day machines.
>tfw take good care of things and you don't get jewed

this

shouldn't you at least change the thermal paste every 3 months? how your cpu even working???

Grounding lead from vacuum nozzle goes to case and from case to earth ground. No potential problems.

>not leaving the dust in there for extra insulation

Dunno how to clean my Noctua filter properly, but usually a damp paper towel and air can.

canned ait plus toothbrush to remove thick dust from my monster radiator. Im just taking it out and blow the dust away.

i take it outside and use a vacuum cleaner, but i use the exhaust port on the vacuum cleaner so it blows air instead of sucking it in. i use that crevice attachment to give it more blowing power

been doing it for years and haven't had a problem

Alcohol, any non-fibrous cloth, blowing on it.

Not a good idea, even if you have a moisture filter some will still get on the thing you're cleaning

I go 6 months for my desktop, 1 year for laptops. It's totally fine.

completely disassemble the PC and clean dust off with a brush. if anything use alcohol and some q tips

this is the correct way but it's too tedious

qtips, air compressor, and paper towel

Picture related.

I know a guy who used to put everything in the dish washer once a year.

I have a non-shit case that comes with dust filters. I regularly take those out and clean them, like once a year.

Problem solved?

>buying air cans
>not using your own compressed air tank
enjoy wasting your money in the long run and getting cancer from the fumes

No, unless you use the shittiest stuff known to man. Some types may even get slightly better after setting in for a time, so replacing thermal paste if you don't need to is fully retarded. Do you also replace it on graphics cards, thus potentially voiding a 3+ year warranty?

Canned air. If gpu backplate and ssds (s340 case) get too dusty i wipe them off with iso and a microfiber cloth

nothing wrong with that as long as he doesn't immediately plug it in

HES GONNA TAKE YOU BACK TO THE PAST

>I blow static all over my computer

You're an idiot, or a shill for a compressed air can company

Nah, isn't really helpful since i haev laptop. Only full disassembling

>houldn't you at least change the thermal paste every 3 months?
Where the fuck did you hear that

The friendly thermal paste merchant told me that.

DataVac.

I usually vacuum the filters once a month, and once a year I use compressor and blow it. No issues

Compressed Air cause I don't need to clean that often.

Then you let it rest and dry a few hours.

Waste of time. I haven't cleaned my CM690 in over a year and the components still run at decent temps.

I never and will never change thermal paste unless the temps are dangerously high, why would you?

Thermal paste lasts for years. You're wasting your time and your money.

This. A compressor is only as expensive as ~10 cans of air new, much less if you buy used.

Pic related is ~$30 NEW.

Not to mention, you don't have to pay a dollar fucking fifty at the gas station when you need to top off a car tire

and no pins are shorted due to conductive residue

Vacuum cleaner, or airbrush + compressor if something really needs moving.

>How do you clean your computer
I don't I sell it and buy a clean one

part of me wonders if this would actually work

the alcohol will corrode the plastic.

>paying for air
god bless America

I use rubbing alcohol to clean plastic all the time. It's not going to damage it in 5 minutes. You'd want to make sure everything is unplugged and drained of electricity so you don't start a fire.

How do people use air compressors on PC safely? What about moisture or blowing off pieces?

Same here bro,
Direct air compressors are great for cleaning the PC.

Big compressors not only you have to regulate the psi so you don't blow up the entire thing, you also have to add oil and moisture traps (which a lot of people tend to forget).

>DataVac
This, best 50 bucks spent ever. I also found it incredible effective to dry my motorcycle, clean a clogged notebook fan, scare the shit out of my dog and dry my e-reader after I accidentally dropped it in the pool.
Far less space used than a traditional compressor and cheaper than air cans in the short term.

Don't those plug into the cigarette lighter adapter though?

>not having a cigarette lighter built into your computer case

DUDE
STATIC
LMAO

I use Q tips, paper towels and windex to clean the case and fans, then I blow on the inside throwing the dust in the air and vacuum the interior space.

No I use a dry unused paintbrush and swish it over the cooling fins as fast as I can

Actually a lot more powerful than I thought it would be.

Air compressors have a regulator - set it to 40 PSI or something if you're worried. As for moisture, just make sure you've drained the condensation out of your tank by opening the drain valve after each use.

Maybe you're talking about compressors with oiling systems for tools. Probably not a good idea to spray oil into your PC.

if that bar is making electrical contact with the handrail, its probably still safe

How often do you clean?

I try to do it every weekday.

>Safe for all electronics.
>Later releases black ESD safe version with ground cable.

Metro pls

15 years of using an air compressor and my shit still works fine.

I tape all the fans, then use a leaf blower.

This is what I have. Works well and hasn't let me down. I've used it for a few years now.

whats wrong with blowing air into a fan so fast the fan spins up to ludicrous rpm?

Haha, nice. I'm pretty sure it could double as a leaf blower as well.

The fan will become sentient and electrocute your mobo out of anger for being bound in its prison.

I'd rather not have a disgusting dustcake on the front when cleaning literally takes a half minute.

It varies by state. Some states require gas stations to off air pump for free where as others dont.

This is what I use. Fucker is really loud though, I always regret no wearing hearing protection when using mine.

>>literally paying for bottled air

Canned air isn't actually air but usually propane or other cheap flammable gases with low pressure, you get more volume per can that way.

Don't really get dust inside. I usually pop off the screens in the front and rinse them in the sink. Once in a while I'll need to use a can of air to blow the dust off the cpu heatsink but that's about it

Underrated

i only clean the radiator and the dust filters on th e case.

Drain the tank and release all the moisture by unscrewing the bottom with a bit of air pressure in it to expel liquids.

Use a moisture trap which is a little sponge valve that collects left over moisture so you don't spray it on your parts.

i just bought a cosair case with filters and kept the tower on a table so it doesn't suck up dust or carpet fibres.

i haven't cleaned by pc for 2 years that how good my filters are, zero dust inside. Just regularly vacuum and air out my house so everything is sweet.

Show me how u dustless pc

What does Sup Forums think about such a rocket blower for my PC? I don't want to fall for the canned air Jew.

amazon.de/Giottos-GTAA1900-Rocket-air-Blower-schwarz/dp/B00017LSPI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482141371&sr=8-1&keywords=air blower

I just use a littel paint brush to clean the cooler grills and blow with my mouth

Looks like some kind of fetish enema device, get it.

air compressor