What version of Firefox should I use? Every few months I install Firefox and after a few months of use it gets sluggish...

What version of Firefox should I use? Every few months I install Firefox and after a few months of use it gets sluggish, starts freezing randomly and bugs the hell out. Using the built in restore function does jackshit so I usually switch to Chromium or Opera and import my data. When they piss me off enough I install Firefox again and the cycle repeats. I really hate this shit because I would like to keep my history.
Is there any Firefox version that doesn't work like shit? There are like a million forks, one has to work.

So just keep using Chromium or Opera, you fucking idiot. Why would you keep coming back to something that's just giving you a ton of problems?

you can't put lipstick on a turd

ESR is the only correct version to use.

Every once in a while Chromium crashes and somehow the whole installation breaks. Have to delete and copypaste everything again there is not even a fucking installer.
Opera freezes randomly too when playing webems. Clearing cache fixes it for like 2 days.
Used Opera for 2 months now and just dealt with it. Never going back to that shitpile that is chromium.

why the FUCK is there not a single good browser these days? it's either
a) a slow as fuck firefox / firefox fork
b) botnet chromium / fork

Sounds like PEBKAC to me.

Have you tried not being a retard?

I literally do nothing besides browsing this 4chin, streaming anime and watching memes. There is no way a modern browser should fuck up with any of these tasks.

Literally how do people manage to fuck things up so badly? They always blame the software when they're the ones at fault ("but I NEED all those fifty addons for smileys!", "why did you remove malwaresearch.com? I liked it!" etc.). Fuck, not being able to use a web browser without fucking it up over time is a sure sign of being tech illiterate. Please leave Sup Forums and never ever return.

Never, ever have more than uBlock, HTTPS Everywhere and Disconnect. Don't you think I've tried running it without addons before?

Which Chromium build are you using?

Now? Not a single one. Every time I used it the newest, last time was last year I guess. And every time after some crash I got an error when opening the .exe and the only fix was unpacking it again. In seperate versions. Is it better now?

Just download Chrome Canary and you don't have to fuck around with checking for new builds all the time.

Does it have botnet? And isn't it a dev build?

every chromium fork either has botnet or is just shit in general, you can't win

I like dev builds because improvements get implemented faster. I don't know about botnet, I turned off the feedback and all that shit that you can disable in the settings. Seriously, after being on dev builds for so long, all other browsers seem painfully slow.

None, use SeaMonkey

Pale Moon. It keeps working nicely with each update, even though a recent one broke a handful of plugins using a specific API. However, if you're concerned about plugins, FF is gonna be way worse soon when they break all the existing plugins next year.

How severe is the botnet? Let's say that site that finds the uniqueness of your browser says you're not unique. How much will they know? Assuming I block their ad and analytics shit too.
>inb4 nuthing to hide

The newest one.

Alternatively SeaMonkey. Or 3.6, if you're insane.

vivaldi