Name a bigger design blunder than Apple moving from Magsafe to USB-C. Good luck, you can't

Name a bigger design blunder than Apple moving from Magsafe to USB-C. Good luck, you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

dxomark.com/Mobiles/Apple-iPhone-7-camera-review-better-than-ever
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it charges the computers faster and if you are so butthurt about magsafe, then just buy an adapter for it.

>just have an even more upsafe dongle hanging out the side of your machine, so you can snap that shit up the moment any weight lands on it
How about Apple fixes their fucking shit? Magsafe was one of the best things about owning a Macbook.

>Apple removing widely used ports.
>Apple and strict firmware signing that is used for planned obsolescence (haha, fuck you, no downgrades).
>Apple and more planned obsolescence through poor software optimization on old hardware.
>Apple being totally closed source with iOS.
>Apple not making dev edition iPhones or IPSWs that can easily be rooted.
>Apple moving from glass and steel to flimsy aluminum shit.
>Apple getting rid of the 3D UI in favor a gay pride parade.
>Apple not putting USB C in mobile devices.
>Apple not having SD card slots or at least making a battery case that supports them.
>Apple using nothing but outdated hardware.
>Apple defending terrorists.
>Apple removing battery time remaining indicator in response to their own false advertising.
>Apple making thin and light fashion accessories instead of computers that "just work".
>Apple intentionally making life shit for 3rd party repair centers, even suing them for exploring beyond the walled garden.
>Apple not licensing Mac OS to other hardware makers at a steep price, therefore making Macshits more appealing.
>Apple pandering to gays and niggers on their website and at events instead of just showing the stupid product (which is what everyone came for anyways).
>Apple being patent trolls.
>Apple using Chinese slave labor and treating people so bad that the factories need suicide nets.
>Apple being so jewish that even their own cult members are pissed off about lugging around a suitcase of dongles.

These are all of the reasons why I hate Apple. They are literally the world's worst tech company. Inbefore, Applefags defend this.

>Name a bigger design blunder than...
GNU/Linux

I am going to answer your depiction of apples shitty marketing practices with a question.
user what if you had the power to rule a market where anything you make will be considered the best innovation to mankind. Why the fuck would you use that advantage?

Because I understand the value of true innovation and not being a fucking kike. You don't need to fuck people over to make money.

not him but you do if you wanna make the kind of money apple makes

Give the normies and the nerds a reason to want what I'm selling. I see no reason why a product can not be both functional and good looking.

>complaining about Apple replacing a proprietary port with a standard port.

>implying I would be using an Apple product if I didn't want superior proprietary ports

Why replace a good custom connector with a garbage standard connector? Why can't people see past the USB-C meme?

Most laptops use some form of proprietary power adapter whether it's a barrel charger or magsafe.

MacBooks were pretty good regarding proprietary ports before 2016, standard USB, standard HDMI 1.4, standard DisplayPort / Thunderbolt, standard SD card slot

The Wii u pad screen. There ya go. I think we can all Agree that Nintendo is an awesome company, they just try too hard to be hip when they should try to compete with what's actually on the market

Whats wrong with it? It does everything. It does everything very well, actually.

This is cool, but protrudes way too much. Could it be made more flush to the body of the laptop? Or does the USB-C standard need that much room out there?

This would be good for all laptops if they go the Macbook Route (only USB-C or at least, primarily USB-C).

It's weak garbage with it's hermaphroditic connector that has a weak tongue in the receptacle, just like USB Micro B.

So you think it's prone to breaking easily?

My work just got 14 of these brand new Macbook Pros in our office. I wonder about their longevity because of those stupid ports.

>Magsafe was one of the best things about owning a Macbook
Why? I don't understand this?

>So you think it's prone to breaking easily?
In the same way Micro B did, yes. I would be very careful about applying any force to the cabling.

>>Apple and strict firmware signing that is used for planned obsolescence (haha, fuck you, no downgrades).
The firmware signing is related to security concerns. Can't blame them here. To my knowledge they have not pushed a firmware update that rendered a device incapable of loading and using the base OS it was compatible with when it shipped. And if they did in response to a real security concern then again, I can't blame them.

>>Apple and more planned obsolescence through poor software optimization on old hardware.
Compared to who? The entire fucking industry is bloatware. You can thank Pajeet for that shit. Apple has been one of the more efficient, but they are in desperate need of another Snow Leopard update.

>>Apple moving from glass and steel to flimsy aluminum shit.
LOL what? Apple has been using aluminum since forever and it kicks ass.

>>Apple using nothing but outdated hardware.
Only place I agree here is the Mac Pros. With everything else thermal considerations take precedence and Intel is delivering 5% speed gains any way since Moore's Law is dead and buried. But Apple should have never gotten rid of the aluminum Mac Pro tower. They should have kept it and kept the components fresh.

>>Apple defending terrorists.
Fuck you. They were defending end user privacy against the all seeing eye of governments.

Your other points were unfortunately valid. Still, what are our choices? Windows is worse in every way and is botnet. And FREEDUM Linux can't run some critical commercial software.

magnetic so you can plug it in without looking at it, doesn't pull your computer to the floor if some dumbass trips on it, reversible, LED indicator that changes color based on charge status, collapsible cable storage built onto the adapter for travel

The biggest problem with the magsafe power adapter was that the cable quality Apple uses is questionable.

>GNU/Linux
That must be why the top 5 supercomputers in the world use Linux as their operating system.

The male connector should always be on the cable side because it's more prone to breakage. Putting the male half inside the machine is just begging for trouble. USB-C has a female cable which is absolutely fucking retarded.

OK so there should be lots of reports of broken USB-C cables everywhere, right? But I never hear that. None of ours at work have broken, yet.

No, because it's something that will show up with use. USB-C hasn't been around long enough and it still isn't in wide use. Also, it may be slightly strengthened, but it'll never be that strong.

Like this? It's not USB C though.

If the firmware signing is related to security concerns, then why can you downgrade Macs but not iShits? Explain that, Pajeet. It's only there to keep users in a walled garden. Needing a factory reset to downgrade should be more than enough to keep user data safe.

Apple intentionally leaves all kinds of bugs and shit in new firmwares for older devices. Meanwhile, my Nexus 5 runs CM14.1 better than the iPhone 6 runs iOS10.

Computer parts are not just the shit on the outside. Also the 4/4s were steel and glass. I can dent the new iPhones with my thumb nail. Aluminium sucks.

Apple's phones are still using 12MP cameras, batteries under 3000mAh, no USB C, and the A series chips get brutally raped by fucking raspberry pis and 2 year old Qualcomm chips.

Apple phones can be brute forced fairly easily. Just watch the YouTube videos of it. The phone was also running an old firmware.

USB C is shit and there's nothing wrong with a 12MP camera. Camera quality isn't determined by pixels.

>"open standards are baaaaaad"
>still defends ishit cameras

>that knee-jerk strawman

REEE why isn't this USB-C yet? I would literally pay $100+ for this shit. I'm considering manufacturing my own.

Royalty free standards are just fine. What's bad is that USB-C is a bad design. iPhone cameras are bad because they are phone cameras, not because they are 12MP.

yeah, iPhone cameras are so terrible
dxomark.com/Mobiles/Apple-iPhone-7-camera-review-better-than-ever

Just curious, why don't they use BSD? Linux is bloated...

>the buy an adapter!
You've summed up every apple user ever.

>If the firmware signing is related to security concerns, then why can you downgrade Macs but not iShits?
To be clear: the firmware and the OS are separate things.

In general the only way to downgrade the OS on an iOS device is to restore from a disk backup made on your computer. Have any firmware updates actually prevented this?

>It's only there to keep users in a walled garden.
I don't deny iOS is a walled garden. It's meant to be. Hate it all you want, but iOS is the most secure platform for normies, period. If you're not a normie and you don't want your phone to be in a walled garden then get something else.

>Needing a factory reset to downgrade should be more than enough to keep user data safe.
The firmware updates I know of which could not be downgraded were related to exploits.

>Apple intentionally leaves all kinds of bugs and shit in new firmwares for older devices.
[citation needed]

>Meanwhile, my Nexus 5 runs CM14.1 better than the iPhone 6 runs iOS10.
>little man syndrome detected
Stop trying to "prove" your chink shit is better than someone else's chink shit. It might for you, big guy. But someone else might hate it.

>Also the 4/4s were steel and glass. I can dent the new iPhones with my thumb nail. Aluminium sucks.
Only because Apple has gone too thin. Don't know what to tell you because I agree but the general public pisses itself every time Apple shaves an ounce and 1/10 of a mm.

>Apple's phones are still using 12MP cameras, batteries under 3000mAh, no USB C, and the A series chips get brutally raped by fucking raspberry pis and 2 year old Qualcomm chips.
And none of that shit matters because the UI experience is generally better and the security is far better. Normies care a whole hell of a lot more about that then "muh specs!"

Also: implying anything more then about 8MP really matters given the sensor size in a phone.

>Apple phones can be brute forced fairly easily. Just watch the YouTube videos of it.
Tell it to the FBI.

FUCKING THIS

I wish magsafe had been adopted to be a new USB instead of USB C being adopted for charging. Fucking hell I would love to be able to get a data cable near the port and have it snap into place and work.

Why can't we have nice things?

if they make money its not a blunder

It is.

Apple hate -

Compared to the other shit out there they are still the lesser evil at this point, even considering how terrible they are getting.

I get an Apple computer everything tends to work well. The display is amazing, the sound is great, the power is good and the hardware in general is solid. They have one of the best work environments available. A good GUI on top of a usable BSD backend. This is especially apparent when using their laptops in regards to screen real estate. With out any effort or tweaking I can have dozens of desktops on a single monitor and switch between them with no effort, I can also manage each of those spaces with just as much ease.

The most recent round of hardware makes me sad to no end, but I really don't have much of an option worth exploring at this stage. Windows is fucking shit for work (in general to be honest). It has a terrible back end and the front end is barely functional without an exceptional amount of hacks. Linux is nearly there. The application support is still very lacking for my needs how ever.

You almost have a few points there - but flew right into "lol I'm a troll" for a most of those - "Defending terrorist" 0/10 - come see me after class.

You forgot
>they make some of the only laptops that aren't giant hunks of shit

If they make less money or slow down their increase, then it is. There is an ocean of bitching about this issue across the internet. Apple fucked up big time.

Which is fine, we all make mistakes. But they better reverse that decision soon, or I'm certainly not buying another Apple machine.

WHERE

it ain't gunna plug itself

Literally "fuck you" the mouse

>being this retarded

>t. CuckBook Pro user

The magic mouse was always a huge "DEAR GOD WHY?!!?"

It can be so damn functional, but also so damn infuriating. Just a few design changes would have made it something great.

A few I would have tried - More ergonomic, a clear defined area for scrolling such as a matte finish strip down the middle, and bring the frigging touch area up a bit from the back.

>Apel didn't make it, therefore it's shit and a poor design
-Apple user, December of 2016

>dxomark.com
OK.

YOU CAN NOT DOWNGRADE AN IOS DEVICE REGARDLESS OF BACKUPS YOU STUPID, THICK SKULLED PIECE OF DOG FECES! Start Googling these things before you reply again. iOS is not secure and it never has been. Android is open source, meaning you can do your own bug fixes if you like. CM14 on my device is objectively the best OS. I get OTA updates weekly and Play services work just fine. Stop shilling, rajeesh.

Why didn't Apple allow you to charge it while using it?

>Android is open source, meaning you can do your own bug fixes if you like. CM14 on my device is objectively the best OS

Stop trolling, you aren't good at it.

>charge from any port
>charge faster
>daisy-chained charging from other devices
>charge from battery banks on the go

These benefits outweigh a magnetic connection and we all know it.

The most recent wave of apple hardware has had even the most solid supports scratching their heads for some of this shit.

the magic mouse needed a full redesign, not an internal battery and vagina.

Looks like you're out of arguments. I win and you lose, filthy goat fucking Indian.

The benefits don't outweight the shit connector.

As I said - a terrible troll. Come at me bro, even furries have better comes backs then you.

Yeah, the charging alone is "wtf ever", the big selling point for those I guess is the thunderbolt 3 when it comes to those ports. 40gbit and the hardware is much cheaper for TB3 it appears.

>YOU CAN NOT DOWNGRADE AN IOS DEVICE REGARDLESS OF BACKUPS YOU STUPID, THICK SKULLED PIECE OF DOG FECES!
First: act like a normal fucking human being and not an autistic angry virgin faggot.

Second: yes you can. But it looks like Apple stopped signing iOS 9 back in October. So for the 9->10 transition you're stuck. I don't care for that, but I don't know if they had legit security concerns or not. They stopped signing some point releases of 10 so I'm guessing they may have.

>iOS is not secure and it never has been. Android is open source, meaning you can do your own bug fixes if you like.
There are a couple new exploits for Android every week (check the vulnerability database). There are a couple new exploits for iOS per month if that. So don't give me the "hurr durr iOS / macOS aren't secure muh FREEDUM!" shit. Apple is more on top of this then other vendors.

>CM14 on my device is objectively the best OS.
For you.

>implying he's not a furry

Oh and don't forget the tip on that mouse is so sharp you can slice your self open on it. Not that I have ever met anyone who has.

Ok, that is far to say. That was insensitive of me wasn't it?

I did not consider that you might be a furry. That was mean of me and I didn't mean to hurt your (over sensitive) feelings. I'm sorry - c'mon bro, lets hug it out.

don't feed the troll.

the only reason people use them if because they are open-source and moddable.
If NT was FOSS, it'd have it's fair share of them as well.

It works fine while its charging. Its just really difficult use because of the cord.

Linux tends to be as bloated as you make it. You can strip it down reasonably well, though possibly not as well BSD.

I am also assuming they are calling them super computers because they have a lot of power. I don't think a bit of OS bloat will bother them all that much compared to something like underlying software limitations of certain modules, drivers, or programs.

:s/really difficult/impossible to

Fuck you that's why

>$100
Cuck.

You won't even need to charge your Macbook anymore. A external monitor can charge it thru USB-C.

>implying I own an applejew monitor that cost 10x the price of normal monitors
pls

Apparently thunderbolt already did this. Couldn't they just make this work with magsafe?

Those magsafe cables fray easily.

Now you're upsetting the guys who've been dissing the Magsafe for years.

You again? Go get a juice box from the fridge and watch some more telletubbies, the grown-ups are talking.

Thunderbolt didn't already do this until TB3.

>he doesn't have the 60 bucks or whatever extortionate amount it is to shell out for a new Apple cable every few months

MagSafe and Lightning aren't the same thing, retard. The MagSafe chargers are like 80 bucks and they can last very long. I still have the original one from my laptop I bought over 3 years ago.

>changing from Magsafe to USB-C

>Pros
The cable can be easily replaced. The Macbook chargers use the worst fucking cable that rips in half if you even look at it.

>Cons
The cable isn't magnetic. But there are magsafe-like USB-C cables so it's fine.

>Overall
I'd say it's a worth while trade.

>Why can't we have nice things?
The problem with a data cable being magnetic, is the ease in which it's disconnected. Easy way to corrupt memory/fuck shit up.

>complain laptops adopt USB-C
>complain phones don't adopt USB-C

yeah ok boi, try harder

>less than a 5% difference
>it's now terrible

Without it it's impossible to use your Macbook in an Apple Certified TM (C) (R) Starbucks TM (C) (R) shop.

Apple hasn't used PVC in their cables for a while now, because of their own environmental initiatives.

Pros of not using PVC is better for the environment.

Cons is Apple's PVC alternative is absolute shit.

Their cables before 2009? I think when they used PVC will last forever, cables after they dropped PVC is only a matter of time before they break.

It was sarcasm, the iPhone camera is highly regarded and competitive with top-end Android phones.

That's interesting, I was wondering the cause.

Aplegags answer to everything

> just buy an adapter!

On a laptop... with a battery...

Dude, I think you are trolling, but holy shit I know I have seen people who would think shit like that.

Ah I missed the sarcasm I guess...

I can't believe people unironically think iPhone cameras are bad. Literally takes minutes to go and find some blind test to look at.

I seriously hope you have these written down somewhere.

As opposed to what? Not that I am defending nothing but USB c cables.

>Fuck you. They were defending end user privacy against the all seeing eye of governments.
thats bs they gave access to multiple governments multiple times before the ackbar guy's phone
also
>thinking apple on the biggest technology companies on the planet is not part of satanic cabal
come on..

>>Fuck you. They were defending end user privacy against the all seeing eye of governments.
>thats bs they gave access to multiple governments multiple times before the ackbar guy's phone
>also
>he doesn't know about Secure Enclave

Apple provided access before SE because it was so trivial refusing to do so could have brought contempt of court charges.

SE is designed to make it physically difficult or impossible for Apple to comply. Another step and it will be literally physically impossible for Apple to help any gov agency unless you use iCloud. No iCloud? No passcode? Then g-men are fucked.

>>thinking apple on the biggest technology companies on the planet is not part of satanic cabal
>come on..
>t. Tin Foil Hat

Apple removing the headphone jack.

>Apple provided access before SE because it was so trivial refusing to do so could have brought contempt of court charges.
>SE is designed to make it physically difficult or impossible for Apple to comply. Another step and it will be literally physically impossible for Apple to help any gov agency unless you use iCloud. No iCloud? No passcode? Then g-men are fucked.
havent heard that point of view, reasonable i suppose, in that case

Reminder that apple didnt come up with that design. They just stole it from deep fryers.

You're saying that like encryption is something difficult that Apple invented. They only added encryption for the PR, they wouldn't have added it if it didn't get iFags wet.

Secure full disk encryption existed long before Apple jumped on the bandwagon.

There are a lot of stupid remarks on this thread but yours is the dumbest by far, yes you can downgrade an iOS device, I do it all the time as an Apple developer, secondly Android is not open source, Linux which is the kernel of the OS is and Darwin, which is the kernel of iOS and OS X is open source as well. It was a split from the FreeBSD project and you can get the source code to Darwin used by iOS by going to Apple or googling Darwin kernel development team. Android is owned by Google and to use it you must agree to all types of conditions including putting their Google Play Store app on the device. I develop software for Google as well.

>If the firmware signing is related to security concerns, then why can you downgrade Macs but not iShits? Explain that, Pajeet. It's only there to keep users in a walled garden. Needing a factory reset to downgrade should be more than enough to keep user data safe.
macOS doesn't use the same secure boot mechanism that iOS does. It relies on an update server validating the installation of any packages, after an OS release has been superseded Apple stop signing the version and the latest release is what you can then upgrade to. Keeping user data safe requires having a trusted OS install, leaving this in the hands of users isn't enough.