Where's the little fucking faggot who posts those daily windows POSReady threads...

where's the little fucking faggot who posts those daily windows POSReady threads? i want to wring his fucking neck for wasting my weekend. the shit DOES NOT WORK. the format function isn't defined so when you plug a USB stick in the entire operation fails. it's PATHETIC.

the CD ISO doesn't boot properly on anything but a barebones VMWare setup with no hard drive defined (0x0000007B, inaccessible boot device), i tested on real and virtual hardware.

the DVD image isn't bootable despite shipping as an ISO and there's no uEFI support.

the setup program that comes on the DVD takes forever to copy some files and ends up producing USB drives with invalid partition tables that won't boot properly.

literally every step of the installation process has been ham-fisted or broken in some way or another. it's astonishing how bad this entire setup is. people actually paid money for this horse shit.
if i wanted a pointlessly-hostile, unsupported, dysfunctional OS with no documentation or function i'd use linux. what the fuck were microsoft thinking trying to sell this shit?

if you see the POSReady shill, report him. it's garbage software.

Other urls found in this thread:

download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Windows

you took that shit seriously?
the whole god danm thing was a joke from the start
is a joke about pozzing, hence why its called /poz/

purposely giving someone else aids, aids being pos ready 2009

Because it was a thread disguised for WES7:
-Based off Windows 7
-Support ends in 2021 instead of 2020
-You can select components you want to install. Including removing IE.
-Embedded Features such as no GUI boot, RAMDisk driver, ability to be installed and booted from external HDD and write filters.
-Volume_BA channel, insert key and you are done. No activation.
-Enterprise features such as Applocker available in Windows 7 Enterprise/Ultimate
-Keyboard Filter* through group policy that allows you to disable keyboard keys/key combinations.
-Updates are on separate channel, does not install dedicated telemetry updates.**
**Do contain Quality Rollups though. Advice to either disable Update and use write filters:EWF(HORM)/FBWF or manually download the security only updates from windows catalog.
*Requires WEDU1.2 to download the update, and use DISM to add the package.
-Links:
download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard 7 SP1 64bit IBW.part1.exe
download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard 7 SP1 64bit IBW.part2.rar
download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard 7 SP1 64bit IBW.part3.rar
download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard 7 SP1 64bit IBW.part4.rar
download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard 7 SP1 64bit IBW.part5.rar
download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard 7 SP1 64bit IBW.part6.rar
download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard 7 SP1 64bit IBW.part7.rar

Google "XGY72" for PID.

The number "2009" is a lie.

The OS was made before Y2K. So its nearly 17 years old.

Do you know what GPU/CPU was the norm 17 years ago? 1.5Ghz P4 and 1Ghz Athlon.

Also regarding POSReady 2009
If your DVD image is not bootable and does not product a proper USB image it is likely corrupt. Mine can.

You sir are an idiot.

Diferences between this and W7 Ultimate?

You get more autism points from this.

>the DVD image isn't bootable despite shipping as an ISO and there's no uEFI support.

I dont know about the rest but its a bootable dvd
so i dont belive you

It have features like Message Box Default Reply, Keyboard Filter and Enhanced Write Filter etc which Windows 7 ultimate don't have. You can choose not to install Internet Exploder during setup as well. There is also a few months extra support till 2021.

I installed posready 2009 on a desktop PC a few years ago and had no problems. you must be doing something wrong.

Oh right, you need to use IDE option for storage in VMWare, not SATA or SCSI, otherwise 0x7b as well.

>felling for this embedded systems shit instead of just installing Windows XP with the unofficial service pack

your fault

Using embedded XP in 2016 and complaining about uEFI support.

This. Got WES7 running. It's supposedly free of telemetry, download directly from MS, clean activation by simply supplying a key. Win7 drivers work seamlessly, it's basically a customizable install of Win7 anyway.

Why the fuck is the installer in .NET?

Is there any guide on how to handle updates on WES7 as botnetless and seamless as possible?

anyone?

>pos
Piece of shit
Lmao

you got POZ'd?

kek. God I love Sup Forums

>VMWare
ok kid

>mfw nerd babbies care about their autistic being be supported

Been using POSReady 2009 on my UMPC for a little under a year. Installing it was simple and using it's no different than XP. Go be retarded somewhere else.

Well, you should've known that it was going to be an obvious Piece Of Shit.

You are trying to install an OS meant for 15 year old cash registers

go on, tell me what's wrong with vmware. ready for 4 a laff

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

Quit shitposting

>download ISO meant for creating system images only since most embedded systems are installed via PXE boot
>get butthurt when trying to get the ISO to do something it can't do
>scream on Sup Forums wanting us to "Just make it work"
This can't be real.

So does my 2012 Macbook Pro without Retina Display.

It's still problem-free even after I upgraded the RAM and installed an SSD!

There is no dedicated telemetry updates. Just install Security only update from catalog instead of quality rollups.

>Quit shitposting
You first.

I'd have to start in order to be able to stop.

Oh look, another third world autistic fuck up who's probably installing this shit on some dumpster found PC with bad components that complains when his USB stick that he dropped in the toilet doesn't function properly. kys pajeet

It's literally a skinned Windows XP. It's extremely outdated too.
How did you not realize this just by looking at the screenshots?

>It's literally a skinned Windows XP
That's why it's so great, XP with an additional 5 years of security updates.

>POOSReady

wtf are you talking about? I installed that on a shitty old laptop about a year ago and it worked fine

>Pentium 4
>17 years ago
>17 years ago was 1999
>Pentium 4 was released 2000 Q4
I don't think so tim.

Installed fine on my old X23 with a P3 and 380Mb of ram

XP was great.
But it's 2016 and XP is outdated garbage.

And?

>Install WES8
>Fuck up image options
>Pic related

A-at least it's only 6GB

I presume 180-day eval?
Also what do you mean by image options? Is it the buggy snapshot such that the artifact of "full-screen snip" menu is there? That could be avoided with print screen key+paste in MSPaint.

I mean WES8 image options during installation.
Yes it's eval. I guess the key I got with it only works for eval.

Oh. The WE8S templates are quite queer as compared to WES7 which requires one to tinker more extensively to get a desired image. Not sure why Microsoft did that.

People here pretend Virtualbox is better. Not really sure why, I was a many year long user of VB and have never regretted my switch to VMWare, runs better, the internet networking simulation is so much better if you're setting up VM connections or even just planning out a home network and wanting to test before.

pajeet you're mad

the kernel of the os has received a number of updates, I think it's from september

It just doesn't work for non-mainstream operating systems. I constantly see VMWare users bitching on Sup Forums about ReactOS or Windows Embedded not working.

I've run ReactOS in VMWare just fine. Though I've never tried Windows Embedded

I use this shit all the time.

Follow the instructions on my gif. I point out a lot of errors that people usually make.

Ty user.

IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR!!!

>if i wanted a pointlessly-hostile, unsupported, dysfunctional OS with no documentation or function i'd use linux. what the fuck were microsoft thinking trying to sell this shit?
Lmao.
As usual spillover from Sup Forums blames Sup Forums for their ineptitude.

I just started it up in kvm like an hour ago, it runs fine. Im installing it on bare metal tomorrow.
Just so you know, the default username is "administrator".

Also youre fucking something up.

>if i wanted a pointlessly-hostile, unsupported, dysfunctional OS with no documentation or function i'd use linux.
that explains alot actually.
fix your harddrive settings page, actually make a partition, use ntfs.

Hey, you gave me some good info yesterday. I still have the thread open so I can reread it.
Thanks again.

the xp one was actually kinda refreshing, I look forward to checking this one out. Thanks. I feel like this might be a "set" of sorts, is there any more you know about and are willing to share?

>installing unofficial updates to run in your kernel

>he doesnt trust ivans botnet to help him get away form bills botnet

It's for embedded systems. Microsoft of course avoid putting in drivers for normal hardware to avoid people using it on their regular computers. You need to do a lot of extra hassle to get it to work on a normal computer.

I havnt gotten to that part yet.
Say Im going to put it on a netbook, what am I going to have to deal with?
can I just install the wifi drivers? Or an I going to have to go through missing dependency hell?
will shit like vlc work?

The drivers are identical to XP.
If I recall correctly, you did have to select to install them in the installer though.

Why is this better than MicroXP?

Is this what getting meme'd looks like?

oh yea, we memed all over him.

>tfw you fell for the object-oriented operating system meme

Works fine for me, perhaps you are just too stupid to use Windows.

Neither does the Commodore VIC-20

> Average size of most major linux distro installs.
> barely functional.

How is windows still alive?

The memes are no joke, POS really does mean piece of shit.

Not sure what you meant by 'set'. If you are referring to XP Embedded or WES09 being componentized, and plan to deploy it on a physical machine, you must make sure the SATA drivers are provided for directly for XPe first. For example Intel provides some drivers specifically meant for importing into the SQL database of the development machine. Trying to make your own with the .inf and .sys etc through component designer often won't work very well. Other non-critical drivers could be installed later.

I just meant I wanna catchem' all
I got POSReady 2009, and now the WES7.
You rattled off a whole list yesterday, one wasnt leaked yet though.

OK here is a list I could think of(excluding Windows CE equivalents):
Windows 3.11 Embedded, no where to be found
Windows NT 4.0 Embedded, AFAIK only the Eval iso is public
Windows 2000 Powered, alleged only fake .isos online. Not even sure if this is legit.
Windows XP Embedded, full image public
Windows Embedded for Point of Service v1.1, full image public
Windows Embedded Standard 2009, full image public
Windows Embedded POSReady 2009, full image public
Windows Server 2003/R2 Appliance Edition--Normal Server 2003/R2 with a package installed, forgot what though.
Windows Embedded Standard 2011, image not found anywhere AFAIK
Windows Embedded Standard 7, keys public
Windows Embedded POSReady 7, GVLK
Windows Thin PC, GVLK
Windows Embedded 8 Standard, eval only
Windows Embedded 8 Industry Pro, GVLK/dreamspark
Windows Embedded 8 Industry Enterprise, GVLK
Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro, GVLK/dreamspark
Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Enterprise, GVLK
Windows 10 IoT Enterprise--Windows 10 LTSB activated with Digital Entitlement
Windows XP Professional for Embedded Systems, Windows Server for Embedded Systems, Windows Embedded Enterprise 7, Windows Embedded 8 Professional--Windows XP Pro, Windows Server(all kinds from 2003 to 2012R2), Windows 7 Pro,Ultimate, Windows 8.1 Pro with a different EULA and otherwise identical to consumer varients. EULA restricts using it as general purpose desktop OS, no software restriction since it is identical

Actually not even sure if WES2011 was ever released. It might have been "scrapped" in favor for WES7 since WES2011 have no SP1.

damn, thats quiet a list.
Thanks alot

>the CD ISO doesn't boot properly on anything but a barebones VMWare setup with no hard drive defined

I specifically did that, and it specifically worked for me, using VMware workstation 12.5.

After booting from the CD ISO, I was able to install POSReady2009 as a guest OS on a virtual hard disk in VMware, and I encountered no errors during installation. After doing a virtual power cycle, the guest OS booted from the virtual hard disk with no errors.

IT WAS A JOKE, YOU TRIGGER HAPPY MORON.

Why would anybody want to use this when you have MicroXP and Tiny7 by eXperince?