>overheats
>overpriced

Other urls found in this thread:

sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP9873-S.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you just figure that out yourself?
how old are you, 13?

>>loud fan
why do people get all butthurt about fan noise?

sheldon uses them
they have to be good

you don't know until you buy one. i am warning people, because there are people Sup Forums who still buy alienware

so you wouldn't mind having a computer that sounds like a lawn mower? enjoy watching youtube videos with that noise

might have been true with the old alienware machines

i have a 13 r3 with a gtx 1060 and i7-6700k. 6 screws remove the read cover and i have easy access to msata, ram, and wifi card. 6 more screws and i get full access to the board, can disconnect the display, and pull the cpu/gpu out. i repasted it the day i got it and it stays in the high 60s under full load. best pc i've ever bought, and i got an OLED display, full desktop 1060, and the i7 for 1200 bucks with my military discount and a 10% off promo.

overpriced, yes, but the overall experience can be quite comfy. had a R18 and sold it.

there are people on Sup Forums*

bazoongle

>1200 bucks for an i7-6700k and a 1060
What a fucking waste of money. It will be irrelevant in a couple of years.

well, i envy because i bought mine in 2009 when alienware laptops were shit. i want a refund

Thanks, captain obvious

good thing i have this thing called a small business where other people do work for me and i get money from that so I can spend it on material things. i upgrade my laptops every two years, so honestly I couldn't be fucked to care.
they've seriously switched up their game since Dell bought them. phone support is still awful but they're generally very responsive to problems.

p o o r
o
o
r

Fucking college dropouts sperging over products they can not afford.

no shit...

to get to the cpu and gpu you have to unscrew like 40 screws, take off the front panels and the the keyboard.
the panel above the keyboard is the hardest to get off. if you are not careful you will break it

Or by being efficient with your cash and actually getting a rig that will last. you can invest the money saved back into your business or into property and then earn even more.

I'll be sure to take financial advice from Sup Forums. I'm sure my accountants aren't as smart as you.

Your accountants manage your personal finances and spending?

I have one thats works at the business full time and my personal one helps me avoid taxes and make investments.

Why buy a specifically gamer branded laptop? If you want to game on the go, there's plenty of pc games that are fun as fuck and can run on a toaster. If you want something powerful, again, by every metric it's more cost effective to not get a gaming laptop. Build a 500 dollar rig and buy a 500 dollar laptop as opposed to spending 1000 dollars on a gaming laptop. The gaming rig you can upgrade and have it last 5 years, the laptop will also last 5 years or more if you treat it right, it'll be actually portable unlike a gaming laptop, and you can either stream from gaming pc at home or play games that it'll run when you aren't. my laptop is a pos 300 dollar toshiba and it runs pretty much everything up to overwatch, though overwatch needs lowest settings. I also get 15 hours battery life by carrying around a spare battery in my backpack. I also have a 600 dollar gaming rig that runs anything I can throw at it with Max or close to max settings. There's just no use case for a gaming laptop unless you're a fucking van-dwelling nomad who has the cash to replace the fucking thing every 2 years.

>loud fan
>difficult to take apart
>overheats

BUUUUUULSHIT

I don't get this. My m18x is super easy to take apart, just as servicable as a thinkpad, just as upgradeable too.

>fans get loud
Yeah, it's a gaming laptop. Duh.
Never heard mine get loud enough to bother me though.

not all of us are poor.

More upgradable in fact. I forgot about gpu.

Alienware bad? Noooo wayyyy....

It's almost like they got bought out by dell, they started cutting every corner, but kept the 13 year old GAYMER aesthetic and charged much more than they would for a normal dell.

If you MUST get a gaming laptop, get a Sager.

Yes I paid $2300 for mine but that was 3 years ago and it has twin 780ms in it. Right now there's a $4000 ridiculous overkill laptop from Sager that's got 2x1080s in SLI with a 4k screen. Shit makes Alienware look like Acer and with better price scaling to boot.

Was Alienware ever not a Dell brand?

Yes but they were never not a joke.

they were their own company for a long time, then bought by dell IIRC. now they make some of the most competitive gaming notebooks.
chink shit/ plastic garbage build.

No but some of us are tripfagging sacks of shit who select brands and moneymanage like a stay-at-home mommas.

It's lasted longer than my memepad did.

keep getting mad wagecuck. i spent a grand on my dinner yesterday. it's this cool thing called disposable income

>i know nothing about computers

Sager is a Clevo brand, they're Taiwanese just like every other actually good manufacturer, and their warranty is bulletproof.

>go on their website
>30 day pixel warranty

fucking kek. even ayylmaoware has a 1 year dead pixel guarantee, and they usually honor their warranties long past they're expired. I rma'd a 17r2 last year that was out of warranty for a dead motherboard and they replaced it, no questions asked.

Sure thing buddy. Shitposting is fun, but you are taking it on a whole new level.

Care to defend the fact that your precious ayylienware is shite? Or you skipped elementary too you dirty manlet NEET and cant even read?

tits or gtfo

don't see why it matters but here's my daily expense credit card. i'm happy with it and that's all that matters to me. i don't particularly care about cost.

>automatic payment is off

do you even internet

Anyway Alienware's highest tier model doesn't even come close to the monsters Sager makes.

acountant told me to rotate which bank i pay it at so theres a different checking account for every month of the year. apparently there's some kind of write-off involved with it.

i just really don't like non-name brand companies; with limited exceptions. put it this way- if sager were to have a major recall, would you see about it on CNN? probably not. if dell had a major recall- would everyone know about it? you bet your ass. they have more to stake on their name being on the product, so naturally i trust the build more. not to mention i like the gay lighting bullshit.

>what are headphones

All components will be irrelevant in a few years. except for HDDs, I guess. I hate this argument.

Also, you're not only paying for the CPU/GPU combo. You're paying for the entire build, including a premium for the portability.

>implying $1200 is a lot of money

What kind of company do you own?
Holy shit I spend that like in 5 years.

main income is from a enterprise IT consulting firm based in manhattan. the rest of it is from a 30% stake in a regional ISP (CT), and own 3 major server farms in Jersey,

yeah, the tripfag jordan

What about msi?

How much do you pocket a year?

17 r3 here, it's only 2 screws to get to the RAM and disks.

Of course reaching the CMOS battery when I accidentally my RAM timings required a full disassembly, screen off and everything

around 550k
even so, it's not that much of a nightmare, especially when you compare it to things like the macbook pro or a thinkpad x1

>until you buy one
nice try chang, you can use one and see what a heap of shit it is in person without buying one

Spec wise I think they are cool. Design wise, i think they look trashy and are practically screaming "hey tyrone, rob me I'm bright and expensive looking"

Spec wise they're nothing special at all.

Not when this degree of ridiculous overkill exists: sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP9873-S.html

That's the old model buddy

What's the point of that thing?

>another thread of a cunt LARPing as a rich man

Portable 4k gaming.

Now, whether or not there's a point to 4k gaming on a 17" screen, you've got me there.

>alienware laptops are fucking garbage
>>loud fan
Ok, while gaming sometimes
>>sharp edges
Oh no gonna cut muh self
>>heavy
Manlet
>>difficult to take apart
No
>>overheats
Also no
>>overpriced
Compare to similarly specced laptops it is not

Sager, the desktop that is too weak and impractical to be a desktop and too big and inefficient to be a laptop. I too want undercooked desktop components in a massive case, with a battery completely unable to support said components. Get a desktop and a cheap laptop or just an actual laptop

It's called "Desktop replacement class". They aren't meant to be used when not plugged in. They're for travel. You can easily set one up in a hotel room. I was travelling for a good year with mine. A laptop bag with a mouse is a good deal easier to set up in a dozen different hotel rooms than a full desktop even if you DO go mini-itx.

Also they'd be great for lan parties if people ever did those.

>gtx 1060 and i7-6700k

I should mention that for actual ultraportability i just use a chromebook with arch on it. with xmonad and vimperator on waterfox so i don't need a mouse.

What OS's do you guys use?

(I still want an alienware; I've irrationally lusted after them for years and now that I actually have a job and money I can realize my dreams of spendthrift consumption)

Sager guy here. Windows 10 on desktop and Arch Linux on the Sager. Still using windows because i'm having a hell of a time finding wifi drivers for my piece of shit dongle I use because my mobo is dying a little more every day and I don't want to buy a new one til Ryzen.

The desktop is older than the laptop, obv.

Can i have a christmas present sir?

You bought a fucking reddit-tier laptop. You have literally no business being on Sup Forums.

Yeah I wanted to know what kind of hell the alienware user's may have gone through to rid themselves of win10.

How has your sager held up?
Always been kinda wary about them.
Atleast with the ripoff brands like alienware or razr you'd probably assume that there's some kind of assurance or support.

How's the QC?

To be brutally honest, the graphics card burned out when I left it on a bed running a game and the blankets blocked the air intake. They replaced the GPU no questions asked since it was under warranty. Keys are shitty scissor switches that break if you try to clean them, but you can get replacements on laptopkeyboard.com for like $3 and i'm not sure there's any getting away from that. Other than that, no flaws.

It's coming up on its third year. You have to pay for extended warranties beyond year 1 and it isn't cheap, but I did.

>googles alienware broken lcd hinge
> 109,000 gazillion result

Tbf, that does seem to be the much older models.

sure. what do you want?
kekkles
ebic mem
dual boot windows 10 and debian. had to replace the wireless card with an intel 8620 for debian
stay buttmad

It's parent company is dell. You cant expect much more user.

>had to replace the wireless card with an intel 8620 for debian
Is that the extent of your complications regarding a debian dualboot with 10?

yep. hardest thing i had to do!

badinka

Modern ones are not that bad, specially the entry level models, if you don't care about looking like an adult.

>buying a laptop in the current times ever

>pentagonal screen
I would have liked those LED vents when I was 13 though.

>nu male
>alienware and not apple

Alienware is for omega neckbeards not beta numalr hipsters. Get your stereotypes right shitlord

I got a 13 r2 for $900 as an open box sale and I enjoy it. It's not hard to turn the lighting off or just to light blue with the logo not illuminated and put a Dell sticker over it if you care about being seen in public. Which isn't even an issue if you have a job because most people use a work issued laptop anyway

Thats why I got MSI GT-80, fucking the best

Looks like one of those old word processors.

What are you printing?

Arch on my 17 r3

Constantinople