Which linux distro do professionals use?

Which linux distro do professionals use?

By professional I mean someone with a job in the industry.

Arch

RHEL, Debian, and Gentoo

Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, RHEL.

Ubuntu is popular in desktops and servers because it just werks.

Debian. Archfags are delusional thinking their NEETOS is used by anyone of value.

This

Debian, Ubuntu, and CentOS, almost everything else is for people who want to wrestle their computer.

macOS

>linux distro

You will need some electrocuting.

RHEL, CentOS, Debian/Ubuntu

Solus.

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

I've only seen professionals use Ubuntu, RHEL and Kali.

RedHat, RHEL, Ubuntu.

Anything maintained by professionals

"Professional" here, my last job had lax security and I could use whatever I wanted, I used Mint. Current job you have to choose Ubuntu, but you can only get ubuntu on company desktops and I'm a remote employee so now I'm a macfag.

On personal machines I run Mint. A long ass time ago I had a lame admin job with hardly ever anything to do, I ran Gentoo back then and spent most of my time dicking with it.

Debian, RedHat, CentOS and Suse are the only ones that matter.

sleep tite bear loli

Arch linux is the pinnacle system due to its modular design for configuring the base system and network utilities.

They use windowd fag

What's windowd?

AntergOS

Its fucknig widnows god damn it

Red Hat and Arch

>implying we use linux

openbsd freedom

Windows 10. They even have a linux subsystem option now, plus bash shell. gnufags have no excuse anymore except utter poverty.

In what industry?
I work for a robot integrator.
We use Ubuntu LTS at work.
While we aim to have everything working on all distros, most other vendors also target 16.04 so it will just be extra work to test against other distros.

We are all free to install whatever we want, but I don't want to be the guy who doesn't get work done because I have an issue others don't because of distro.

well played.

I work at the toilet store, our rig is currently rocking Arch Linux

GNU/Windows or GNU/macOS

"A job in the industry"

What industry? The vast majority of Linux users are unemployed, otherwise they'd use a more practical OS.

If you want to include Android users as Linux users, the distro that pajeets use the most in their call centers is ubuntu with an XP skin

i work as a performance engineer and we use RHEL and fedora

RHEL, Debian, Ubuntu and SUSE

Fedora
other guys in the office are mostly using some Ubanto variant
>yes I'm shitposting from work

Professional here. Windows 7 in the office, Windows 10 at home :^)

What industry?

My coworkers have used all sorts of linux distros on their laptops for our job (software development) ranging from Debian to Fedora to OpenSUSE to Arch (to which they're sticking right now).
They also go back and forth between editors, DE, etc.
There's not really an answer, just use something you like.. until you have reason to find something else.

debian, ubuntu, centos, RHEL, opensuse

Ubuntu man. I worked in 4 different companies as a dev. People use either OSX, Windows or Ubuntu. I saw one freefag using fedora once but he got fired anyway.

I work in the industry
This is true

What industry user-kun?

If it's dev-related and it must be GNU/Linux:
Ubuntu or Fedora for desktop I'd say.
Debian, CentOS for servers.

Binbows XD

Working in academia
For desktops people generally use ubuntu. I've also seen debian, fedora and arch.

redhat , and the free version is centOS . its the same as redhat but free .
so if you downl RHEL books , use centOS to practice .