Do you have tape on your webcam?

Do you have tape on your webcam?
If not, why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zYY3n4YWvFo&t=3m39s
youtube.com/watch?v=_dLCtgHzwWI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I absolutely fucking do.

No, because my laptop's webcam has a light in parallel on its power rails.

I don't even have a webcam

Zuckerberg does it for a good reason I assume

Does disabling it in BIOS fully disable the webcam?

No, I like to feel watched when I masturbate.

It's probably because he's an idiot

I'll watch.

I do, because I'm a paranoic moron

I'm a girl.

Are you a chinese/russian hacker?

I'm a guy. So it works out

On linux but I may just do right now

I put sa bandaid on my daughters the other day but it fell off. I know it's rare but you never know.

I'm a white real estate investor

How big?

Anyone?

I don't have anything to hide.

i do but it's more for the benefit of whoever's hacking me (wicked ugly)

please be a londoner

says hello

My daughter has a t420 but with i3 cpu

looks like she doesn;t have a webcam but I do? or is it somewhere else?

No, because just unplugging the damn thing is a better solution: youtube.com/watch?v=zYY3n4YWvFo&t=3m39s

I'm just too lazy

Sorry, I don't like manlets.

Just open the laptop up and remove power to it.

because it would be difficult to continue my camwhoring business if I did that

I'm lazy, i like to get away with doing as little as possible. How is that a better solution than just taping it?

6'0"

Sure I do...over the light...giggidy

Yes. I'm looking at the tape right now. I've done it ever since I saw the Zuckerberg picture. I tape my microphone too.

Webcams can be switched on without the light. It's proven false.

Maybe if it's software controlled on a separate circuit for some dumb ass reason.

Dick size?

not him, but it's better because you won't get sticker glue on your laptop.

i've changed panels on a few laptops, it would be very easy to unplug the webcam. There are probably six screws you have to undo and then you simply unplug the damn thing

I personally don't have my webcam taped or unplugged, I think you guys are paranoid.

I'm nowhere near as important as Zuckerbergstein, I doubt there is anybody actively trying to look up my nostrils while I shitpost in bed

Like 6.5" I think it's thick

No. It would be pointless since I also use a smartphone.

Ever fucked a fat chick?

No, because my laptop is closed and connected to a big screen TV which I use as a monitor.

anyone have a laptop to recommend

I want something thats not ass for gaming when I leave my desktop at home

No. I don't have a webcam.

That depends. Are you worried about script kiddies or your government? If it's the latter, look up IntelME and AMD PSP.

A little chubby

I make sure my dick is in full view while i'm masturbating. Thinking someone might be watching actually makes it more exciting.

Send dick pics at my gmail [email protected]

Nice try guy

My laptop's webcam is 0.3MP, it's a joke and you can barely see anything with it even if they somehow activate it on my GNU/Linux system. I'm more worried about the microphone in it and my laptop isn't even a big concern anyway.

My smartphone has a 13MP back camera and a 5MP front camera and a normal microphone and a noise cancelling mic. I'm more worried about that and it's not covered up since I use those things regularly. Those cameras actually produce real good usable images. Someone peaking through the laptop's cam wouldn't see shit.

Yes, a program I installed though it would help by taking a profile pic during install. It was not a pic of me I wanted to upload to the Internet, which it asked to do AFTER taking the pic and securing a connection.

It did give a final approval prompt, which made me do a hard kill damage control check. After which I put an apple sticker over it as I was eating an apple at the time, never bother to change it. As for that bad pic it appears it never was uploaded and I properly erased all copies I could find.

I get flack for it at times because people say I am paranoid, but after that near mishap I don't see a reason to take the risk, also I never used the thing to start with. And I have had several other programs try similar things since then.

Note to software developers, ask before activating the camera and let the user take the picture. This full auto stuff is not as helpful as you think.

sent ;)

>Do you have tape on your webcam?
no

>If not, why?
it's not even plugged in, that's why

I don't use a webcam.

i don't have a webcam

>implying

I am tyrone, king of spee and Sup Forumsentooman

>If not, why?
My laptop may be on 24 hours a day, but the lid is closed about the same amount of time.

About the only time I used the laptop for more than a minute, it's because I'm intent on using the webcam.

i don't have a webcam in my laptop.
I do have cameras in my phone. i do not tape these. because there have been situations in my past where i was glad i could instantly take pics.

>If not, why?
Maybe because I'm not fucking autistic.

I don't.

They can either see my ugly mug and a wall behind me.

Or watch me jerk off.

And jokes on them, they are watching a man having a wank. Das gay as hell mane.

>implying the trace isnt actually two traces and the light doesnt have a transistor built in to turn it off at will

If someone already has that much access to my computer I'm fucked anyway.

Access to my browsing history is way worse than seeing my face.

ew nevermind

technically likely not, but you will stop most people.

My home internet has a download speed of 200kbps and an upload speed of about a fifth of that, even if they wanted to watch me jack off, they couldn't

No, because I keep my webcam unplugged if I don't use it.
AFAIK the NSA hasn't backdoored air yet.

Do you live in fucking Siberia or what.

i don't, because i've never owned a webcam

No, I just have it aimed at a naked anime tapestry.

Rural Ireland. The only relevant thing about the greater area/ county is that we have the worst internet speeds in the country. I have to use my phones data for most everything when I'm at home.

cellular data?
do you have LTE coverage?

Yes.

I'm a paranoid faggot but my friends think I'm just memeing so it's okay

No, because I have friends and use it.

Stop installing crapware then

I'd rather have a lens cover that I can take on and off when I need to.

I try to stay away from anything adhesive if it's totally unnecessary.

Sure. I also taped every other camera around me. Smartphone and tablet.

All these paranoid fucks in this thread.
No one wants to watch you peel your shrimp

I work on a dell e5570 provided by my employee. second week in, I took it apart and ruined the mic and webcam in it. They will never know, even after I leave.

>tape camera
>dont do anything about the microphone

THE DEVICE IS DISABLED+TAPE ON+TAPE ON MIC

nice.... laptop you got there m8 :^)

Yes, because mine is physically disconnected from the board, and the keyboard light (HP 8460p Elitebook) is always on by default since someone who ripped the camera from the board fucked up the keyboard light as well. It's a used business laptop that used to belong to a firm called Continental (germans who make tires, brake systems, car stuff), so I suspect they did this with the camera on all of their business laptops, and they also welded shut the bottom (which is notoriously easy to get into, just 2 buttons to eject the battery and that's literally it) after putting an SSD in it.

I had to tape over the camera and the keyboard light lamp to turn the light off since it was on constantly, so technically I do have tape over it, its just that it doesn't have a webcam.

Unless you're a celebrity like Zuckerberg, taping over your webcam is a silly thing to do.
Let's assume someone gains remote access to your machine.
They can use your CPU resource to mine cryptocurrencies, encrypt your files and demand ransom. They can use your network resource to conduct DDOS for hire. Or they can stealthily keylog you without taxing your system to harvest your account details on as many things as they before their malware is wiped by an OS reinstall or a antivirus tool.
Or they can use your CPU and network resources to encode video they or someone else then has to watch in hopes of finding something ... incriminating? arousing?
Think of the time investment compared to a set-and-forget script implementing other options. Think of the large amounts of conspicuous network traffic generated on their end. Why would they do that? To blackmail you for money they could have taken out of your paypal/bank account with harvested credentials anyway?

i just didnt compile hardware support for it. why would i cover it?

i beg to differ. did it once on a camwhore site and now you can download me from the web.

Webcams were optional.

This , if you're not doing anything illegal you have nothing to worry about

I'm an exhibitionist and the tought of being watched through the webcam while I jack off intrigues me. I've started to undress completely now to give the Illuminati or whatever a good show.

Hard mode: I don't have a webcam.

Yes, yes, stupid goyim - you're all sheep in the syste^W^W^W^Wvalued customers anyway. We would never have a reason to target you if you just keep obeying and stop raising your stupid heads.

Because it's vid related:
youtube.com/watch?v=_dLCtgHzwWI

Just kidding, see, There have already been cases of malware or even schools spying by fagbook cams.

Unless you absolutely have the circuit plan of your webcam controller that's nothing you can trust in.
Semi-related: I just found out that some headphone jacks actually mute the laptop speakers by software and that can fail.

I don't tape my webcam because I don't use one

Nigga, I have the Firefox Apparmor profile enforced, run NoScript, Self Destructing Cookies, browser canvas fingerprinting countermeasures, a VPN, use different user names and contact e-mails for every site register with.
I'm not arguing for abandonment of privacy like the master baiter who replied first. I'm saying that visual surveillance is a silly thing to worry about due to its impracticality at large scale.

>AppArmor
what's the matter kid, SELinux too confusing?

Yes

nah, i just angle it up towards the roof.

The FOSS drivers for my webcam are running on my FOSS operating system, the only proprietary packages I have are some mp3 codecs.

>Semi-related: I just found out that some headphone jacks actually mute the laptop speakers by software and that can fail.
Of course its software muted, why wouldn't you be able to output/input audio from both at the same time? or change it without physically disconnecting the cable?

And yeah disabling the internal mic is one of the hardest things to do if you intend to use it to.

I am implying that because that would be fucking retarded.

I mean, computer vision is moving steadily along, so it might not be impractical for long

No it wouldnt, keeps fags like you from covering their webcam.

>lol webcam hacking is a myth
show him how to do it
>lol nobody does it
proof that high profile people from the tech industry do it
>lol he's an idiot

Go ahead and tell me zuckerberg is not high profile. He's the fucking CEO of one of the biggest in the sector.

Go ahead and tell me he's illiterate. Just like trump then? Both have advisors you meme fuckshitllord. FUCK YOU

And everything runs on proprietary hardware with "NSA inside"

NOBODY FUCKING CARES

Also, you are not. Fat greasy manatees do not qualify as women.

Mine's not working so I'll thank the government if they fix it for me.

Put those tax dollars at work.