Is being a web developer worth it?

>getting a CS degree
>trying to be a web developer
>expecting to be a full stack or back end developer
>Salary is low af

Is it even worth being a web developer or should I go into security or analytic developing? Any thoughts guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

theonion.github.io/fartscroll.js/
theonion.github.io/comcastifyjs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If the salary is so low why do you want to do it?

If you WANT to be a full stack/backend developer, follow your passion. Salary imo doesn't matter unless you're doing something you don't like.

Web dev is shit. Its like the aspect of tech that is vulnerable to coding bootcamp fags to steamroll over. I want to get into real languages and programming and back end shit that needs like maths and algorithms and stuff

100 years ago you would be asking if working on an assembly line is worth it

And what the fuck are you talking about ''''''analytic developing''''''?

Have you considered gaining practical knowledge in a trade rather than diving into student debt?

What do you mean trading? Stock/day trading or algorithmic trading?

Oh read that wrong. What do you suggest? I like creating and I like computers. I want to do something in that field

electricians work, HVAC, welding, plumbing, those are trades. In my city the plumbers can call fantasy prices because there's only one company left and when shit hits the fan literally, you will pay any price.

Kek

I'll just start web developing/seo business for a specific niche

>seo business

Lmao, is it 2008 again?

>web deb
> """"full stack""""
This triggers me.

Code monkeying in javascript isnt full-stack. When will this meme die?

You can make money seo. Just takes time and finding the right niche.

Who said anything about JavaScript being full stack?

I would make so much more money if I went for the popular technologies like React, but I just cant bring myself to use that fuckery, it hurts my feelings, if you're in this for the money get prepared for hell and disgust OP

I actually like web developing, but money is a factor bro.

make enough to live then do pet projects where you can get your rocks off

What you're posting isn't fullstack either. Anyone who says they know everything is full of shit.

>Live in Romania
>Make websites for Muricans
>Wage 80$ a week

sa mori tu xd

Wtf. React is actually decent, unlike fucking Angular. You should be happy people are using it.

hell no, JS is shit unless hand written to contain only what you need so it doesnt suck up load time and performance like it's jizz

What's wrong with React?

>be american
>dad is from tj mures
>I can't speak romanian

I feel like i've been cheated

React isn't going to use a significant amount of system resources unless you have shittily written components. And it's far less code than writing in in raw JS

>analytic developing
I think OP means analytics as a specialty.
In which case he need to study fuck loads of database, especially data warehousing and even more statistics.

Some economics is probably important too.

If he's making shit money as a web developer though, he's not going to get into analytics because he's just not good enough.

>it's far less than writing in raw JS
wut? you can cook up a websocket system like that in 30-40 lines, without needing all the other stuff. JS costs alot

here are some start libraries in js that you might like OP.

theonion.github.io/fartscroll.js/
theonion.github.io/comcastifyjs/

The term "full-stack" means to work all the way from project management to systems infrastructure (what hardware to ask for, what OS to install, manage dependencies..) to database architecture to backend dev to frontend dev to UX to UI to writing tests and deploying your stuff.

It's literally a lifetime challenge to become a "complete" full-stack dev, in reality most people know some fields very well and some basics about the others.

I guess user means: "React doesn't cost ressources compared to a handcrafted app with more or less the same functionality"

It's difficult to compare a super simple approach to an advanced component like react.