Thr only way zen will succeed is if it offers nearly the same or exactly the same performance of skylake but cheap

thr only way zen will succeed is if it offers nearly the same or exactly the same performance of skylake but cheap

but I doubt their 8 core cpu will be less than $800.

zen might be a disappointment because it has been hyped up too much

What a dumb chart.

>but I doubt their 8 core cpu will be less than $800.

Dude my FX 8320 was less than 200 bucks 3.5 years ago.

>no less than 800
Oh how intel has jewed you. AMD has always(almost) had very good price for performance

with the performance of an i3

we are talking about a cpu with 8 actual cores with similar performance to a $1000 processor

Also amazing $/watt, where you pay very low for very good ovens

>with the performance of an i3

ebin meme my bro

This depends a ton on where you live. ~6c/kwh here

how about a game that's very cpu dependant

>Game

Fuck off Salazar.

IPC is like horse power right???

intel has has 3-4 die shrinks and they keep increasing the price of the chips, zen is half of what an 8350 is die wise, is dual channel memory and in fpu heavy loads will shit itself compared to intel. I don't doubt there will be zen cpus in consumer market that do cost more then 500, but base 8 core 16 thread will be around what you pay for a 6700, otherwise why compare a i7 6700 to it? why make a consumer event and only show them a cpu none of them will ever afford/be willing to pay that much for?

ryzen is dual channel

naples (also zen) will have 8

To start the hype train, like they always do.

>X might be a disappointment because it has been hyped up too much
>history of video games and hardware

it won't be more than $500. you can pretty much bet your life on it.

Funny thing is, if they include it, the old deneb/thuban cores ipc will be in between excavator and ivy

Can we expect a better/same perfomance with a skylake i5 at the price of 100-150?
Or should I cave in buy jewntel?

Do you remember when chips like the Athlon X2 4800+ and FX60 launched? They were $750 and $1000 respectively. AMD has only been had "very good" prices when their CPUs have been shit.

Source on the chart? I'd like to know how they came to that conclusion.
Depends on the application. Steamroller had slightly better IPC in some areas compared to thuban.

>Source on the chart?