Why do developers use Macs?

why do developers use Macs?

All-in-ones occupy less space.
It's just that PC all-in-ones are usually shit. I mean, most of them still have 2 or 4 GB only!

Why do shills use 4chins?

it's the only device where you can triple boot without requiring legally dubious means. You can Hackintosh all you want, but a business isn't going do want to do that.

MacOS is a precious little snowflake that apparently only wants to run normally on Apple Hardware, you want to dev for Apple and for windows, why get two machines?

Buy the over priced apple shit, slap Windows on it as well, and if you even cared you can even go nuts and put Linux on it. Done. Also, iMacs are among the more attractive all in ones, albeit not among the most functional.

(That huge fucking bezel with the apple logo is the worst.)

homosexuality

unix is easier to develop on and linux is a pain to set up/use

Did you meant shit web developers?

>MacOS is a precious little snowflake that apparently only wants to run normally on Apple Hardware
Meanwhile Hackintoshing is easier than ever. Damn Apple for not supporting it, though, those cretins!

Why do mactoddlers have no personality other than their fruity toddler toys?

MACTODDLERS BTFO

this. I do Android and iOS development along with some web dev and some heavy backend services in linux. Using a mac I can achieve all of that on one machine.

Why does Apple use Windows and Adobe?

>some heavy backend services
Yeah I bet you do flaming macqueer.

If any of you actually worked professionally you'd have a good understanding as to why.
We don't have all-in-ones where we work because that'd be a functional nightmare, but rather a ton of Mac laptops for the purpose that they're the lightest, longest battery, smallest of any laptop you can get. Plus being able to have Linux baked in is huge. Not much actual developement happens on it, but it's a great machine for handling all the other tasks that come a developer's way when working at a company.
The whole argument that they're Facebook machines is right because the majority of the time your doing HTTP requests to something or browsing websites/docs.
I don't have to pay a single cent for mine, and how locked down it is can be annoying but not too terribly bad since I have IT to help or find something if I can't myself.
My time working has reaffirmed that idiots buy Macs, and that "Oi they're the prettiest" is an actually argument for buying them (but that's a quote from a retarded friend).

>longest battery
Good joke.

kek

stay mad, NEET

> Developers

You may want to be more specific. I work for a company that develops embedded systems and we have 0 (zero) number of Macs.

>longest battery

I can bring as many batteries as I need with my Thinkpad.

#BTFO

ayylmao

This. Report, hide, sage.

Because MacOS is the only usable linux OS

sorry how many

I don't know who's trolling who anymore.

>MacOS
>usable
Pick one.

This

Eh you're probably right, but out of what's offered it's the best combination of all you'd like for a "meeting machine". I could go out and get a Thinkpad and expense it, but I'd rather not. I do next to no development on my laptop and don't have a hankering to.

unix + nice build quality
Can also easily run the big three OSs

It's unix without the hassle

>Shit web developer
>Somehow still able to afford a literal room full of new apple desktops

you're fucking retarded

>I have IT to help or find something if I can't myself
>developer
>needs IT to do his job
fucking retard

you sound like a consultant who likes to think he knows something about IT but really just did some SAP certification and still needs to have his hand held when installing SQL.

Maybe they are working on Office for Macs.

The real issue is
>all those computers side by side
>no privacy at all
>no desk real state
>interruptions all the fucking time
>packed like a japanese train at rush hour

Looks literally like an air conditioned sweatshop

>fruity toddlerOS
>hfs
>frankenstein abomination of freebsd and bolted on gnu mach and next spaghetti code
>b-b-b-b-but it has a million dollar piece of paper dat sez its unix!!!!111

Mactoddlerism, not even once.

>WAAAAAH!!1!
keep on bein' a bitch

It's probably a workspace for pajeets

Heavily regulated hardware makes testing easier.

that is a meeting room

Hackentosh easier than ever

Doesn't it still require a modern Mac in order to download the legit mac image from?

No, but so what if it did?

>t. macbitch

>gnu mach
cmu is gnu, now?

No as in it doesn't or no as in it does?

Because I have zero access to any modern macs aside from dropping several hundred dollars for one

>toddlerOS

Developer here, I use a Dell E6400 on Debian 7, all it has to run is vim and a couple of ssh shells. The fuck you think servers are for

jesus fucking christos I hate these people. SAP and SAS guys are the worst for this

"I'm a SAS engineer! Can you help me install it on Linux, and I need help with JBOSS and Oracle 11... matter of fact, can you just stand it up for me?"

Zero
Nada
none
null
zip

no, usa' bitch

>No as in it doesn't or no as in it does?
No as in it doesn't. You can easily download Mac OS from anywhere, just use the checksum.

Because Windows + Linux = MacOS

>Windows + Linux - Heterosexuality = MacOS
Fixed.

This. Report and sage.

Bro 0 people at my company use macs and I actually dislike people who do because they insist on using OSX and I tell them to use windows or quit because I'm not supporting their bullshit problems when everyone else on the team does not use that OS. I'll let you drown and get fired if you bring OSX bullshit into my life.

>No
Can you post a download link to an iso?
>but so what if it did?
Then I would have to have a mac in order to hackintosh legally, which would be cumbersome.

The OS most used for development is Windows.

>Can you post a download link to an iso?
thepiratebay.se. They're signed and checksummed, so don't worry, no tampering will have been done.
Then I would have to have a mac in order to hackintosh legally, which would be cumbersome.
There is no such thing as illegal hackintoshing, at least in America, and you wouldn't comply with the EULA by downloading it on a Mac.

they'd use android/chromeOs if that was the case.

>t. iFag

Intelligent people use whatever is best for the job at hand. Sometimes that is a mac, sometimes it's windows, sometimes it's linux, etc.

To do otherwise is not smart, especially when it's for work where you don't even have to pay for the machines in question.

>everyone calling the mac shills mactoddlers
That's a shit nickname.
I like calling them fruits.

A
>FUCKING
FRUIT

>legally dubious means
Being American must suck.

india doesn't count my guy