Why does Sup Forums not like the best GUI music player on linux?

Why does Sup Forums not like the best GUI music player on linux?

That's hideous, like all iTunes clones.
WinAmp aesthetic is the only way.

That looks like shit to be honest, sister.

kys yourself, my man

>she thinks Lollypop looks good

I can't crawl down to something that pathetic after using Foobar. My main machine is a GNU+Lonux, I run Windows in a virtual machine for the sole purpose of consuming the media I downloaded using Linux. I don't give the VM any internet connection.

>she

Why don't you just use wine for Foobar?

I use Deadbeef on Linux, but it's not as nice as Foobar. Maybe it's because I haven't bothered installing plugins and customizing it, but idk

>satanist music

I've tried Wine and Foobar, it lacks some support for the plugins I have. I've also noticed that playback is choppy.

This
Typical russian botnet addict.

>GUI music player
kys

I use my music player to listen to music, not look pretty

not them but thanks for giving a serious reply. most people just go
>WINE
without saying why it doesn't work.

not on GNU/Linux yet. I've been using AIMP3 All-in-One style for years now, but it's proprietary and I want to move away from that. I'm thinking of going with (or Audacious, maybe) because of the visual simularity, but AIMP has the uniqueness of running from RAM that I don't think could ever be matched.

This desu
mpv is the best music player
mpv album_directory/

I use that too

Just spent about 15 minutes playing around with it. I like it, but there's no streaming from cloud services.

If only someone would basically redo Clementine using GTK+.

Adding to this, I just realized that it doesn't obey custom keyboard shortcuts you set, at least in GNOME, and there's no way to change Lollypop's built-in shortcut keys.

Into the trash, etc.

No shilling but it does have keys. I just installed like 30 mins ago. I like the layout but yeah it's pretty simple with not much to it. doesn't seem buggy at least.

Is the gmusicbrowser one any good?

>he does not use spotify

>spending money on music

it told me I need custom google API key
where and how

Not poor, and do you know why? Because I don't spend money on things I can get for free. Like music.

I pay and I'm still rich, feels good man.

Ya'll forgot
--no-video
Mpv raises unnessesary window in case if file have album art in id3.

>Why does Sup Forums not like the best GUI music player on linux?

because long ago I got accustom to organize my music by directories
so i have my selections nicely sorted, and then albums and so on..

I like it that way, and most players, including lollipop, forces music library down my throat

I see no real benefit of that while I feel that organizing by artist, as is the most common will bring huge amount of shit in to my general view because I have shitload of soundtracks, with dozens of various artists per album.

> being botnet slave
> not physically owning music you paid for
Holy lmao kek shit goddamn. Marketology relqted shills did their job well.

Lollypop is still pretty barren on features desu. I think MPD is a better choice.

I use MPD + Cantata. It just werks, and looks pretty good.

I only listen to random playlist with musics I'll hear only once in my entire life. Why should I care about storing music I won't listen to anymore?
I hate listening to the same things over and over again, same goes for movies and books. I only have a 128GB ssd and I only use 40GB. I don't give any fucks about storing things.

you are in the minority.

Actual question, how old are you?

I'm 21. Do your friends do this too? I'm actually asking, I have no idea if this is what people in our age group do normally. My friends and I are complete data hoarders, the cheapness of disk space only enables us to keep downloading and ripping old CDs we buy at Goodwill.

Pretty much this.

Nope, I'm the only one who does that, I spend a shitload of time reading discrete mathematics books/pdf so I don't spend much time consuming medias.

Cantata exists.

I liked it somewhat until I saw it's a frontend to MPD written in QT.

That's exactly why it's so good.

>mathematics books/pdf so I don't spend much time consuming medias
Have you ever considered that you might have autism?

Windows victory :O)

>Have you ever considered that you might have autism?
I'm fed up with all that consumerism shit and everyone talking shit about everyone.
Communicate with people who have the same hobbies as you, do some personal projects (IT-related of not), stay on good term with your family and fuck everything else.
I like living alone and have time to think about different things like my current project or what cooking style I will experiment the next week.
I won't call that autism, I'm just leaving a peaceful life in a fast-paced world.

Atm I'm trying to reverse-engineering my steelseries sensei raw firmware to see if putting a invisible cheat on it is possible (seebadusb and see /r/vacsucks for the crybabies).

living*

I'm stuck with Clementine/Amarok because they share FMPS tags, and i need those to save embedded ratings and playcounts.

If any other player supports my FMPS i'm willing to change

We don't sound too dissimilar outside of you not enjoying media and "naturally" acquiring a list of favorites. I just found that a bit odd. I like sticking to one country's cuisine every week if I can and making new dishes. I hope you have a happy life, user.

which player is that

This.
I have everything I need with MOC.

You might be a schizoid then. You sound like an ISTP.

what is FMPS? i can't find info on it

You can't even change the volume. Why the fuck would anyone make a music player like that?

>You might be a schizoid then. You sound like an ISTP.
Not really, my only goal is to set my mind at peace.
It just happens that relationships are the root of lots of problems.
I won't settle with someoine until I'm sure that everything will stay cool.

>gui
>music player

pleb

also your music is organised like a 5 year old throwing a tantrum