New Benchmarks Leaked: AMD RYZEN ~= Stock i7-7700K

wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-zen-cpu-benchmarks-leak/

>Core i7-7700K > Zen > Core i7-7700K (5GHz) > Core i7-6900K > Core i7-6950X

AMD: Another Massive Disappointment

Other urls found in this thread:

ark.intel.com/products/94196/Intel-Core-i7-6900K-Processor-20M-Cache-up-to-3_70-GHz
hardocp.com/article/2016/12/15/amds_new_ryzen_cpu_smt_ipc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But zen has 100 points more than the 7700k even at 5ghz

>AMD: Another Massive Disappointment

the benchmarks look bretty good

am i missing something here

It can beat a 4c/8t cpu with TWICE the resources....

I still need moar evidence on this tho

>AMD RYZEN (8/16)
>17693

>Core i7-7700K (5GHz)
>19891

>Core i7-7700K (Stock)
>17049

>worse than haswell

POO
O
O

see

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

>even @ 5 GHz
nigga what?

What the fuck, amd?

Why don't they link to the chinese forum?

>can't beat 4c8t
wow another faildozzer

>currytech

Seriously what the fuck

Damn this is better than I expected.

we've known since the AotS and geekbench leak that Zen is only roughly on par with sandy bridge clock for clock.

>wccftech
:^)

You were expecting an 8 core that's worse than a quad core?

7700K BTFO

zen has 10% more IPC than bulldozer

i am happy

Those weren't anything close to official, the Blender benchs, which are actually official and scrutinized by the media, put Zen at a higher IPC than Skylake
And at higher clocks too

it's an amd meme. they love to hype a product and then damage control with 'it was always meant to perform poorly' once its shown to be shit.

I don't know, the thing is competitive with a 6900K and will probably cost half as much. Seems like a winner.

Intel cucks don't understand $/performance. If AMD delivers Zen at a fraction of the price of Intel this is a solid win.

This. I don't know what some people were expecting. I'm just happy intel will have some competition now.

price/perf doesn't mean shit if you only match intel chips from 6 years ago, you can literally buy a 2600k or 3960x for $100-150 today whereas any zen chip will be $300 minimum.

>core i7 7700k> core i7 7700k(5ghz)

You w0t

Intel can barely match a chip from 6 years ago ',:^)

I just want a decent performing chip that isn't cucked out of pci-e lanes.

>The AMD chip is clocked at 3.4GHz. No overclock.
>This is also the slowest chip in the set.

Actually looks pretty good assuming the chip is going to be priced at $200 or less.

That's a nice source you got there.

Wish it was true.

>fury amd cherry benchmarks
>polaris amd cherry benchmarks
>now zen

I'm not even surprised but lets wait the non official test

>any zen chip will be $300 minimum
No, you're thinking of Intel. The 6700k is under $300 USD.

>priced at 200$ or less
top fucking kek, no

8 cores

Did you read the article? It actually tells you this.

Not good enough for me to feel any buyer's remorse over my 6700K.

>Actually looks pretty good assuming the chip is going to be priced at $200 or less.

sr7 will be $500.

dead on arrival as usual

rehashed fx meme real

If they don't beat Intel in price they really are fucked.

I think they will price them competitively, but definately not 8 cores with SMT for less than 200 bucks

>8/16 loses to kaby 4/8

pathetic desu

That cinebench score is pretty good though. Beating a 5GHz 7700K.

Are you dreaming or are we not reading the same article? Only mention of pricing in that article is to expect more details @ CES 2017.

I thought they were only releasing 8/16 chips. There's no point in releasing lower core counts if they can't compete with Intel.

Normally you run Fritz w/o HT.

>pretty good assuming the chip is going to be priced at $200 or less
Nowhere in that statement is the need for a source. If they don't price it at $200 or less they lose to Intel.

>I thought
Lolno.

Guess Zen is DOA then.

This has to be fake. I think the chinks just got confused re: 7700k vs 6900k and which one the Zen chip was supposed to be just slightly better than.

There's no way AMD could demo Ryzen completing those Blender/Handbrake tasks at about the 6900k level otherwise.

>Core i7-7700K > Core i7-6900K > Core i7-6950X
You stupid faggots.
The real winner here would be that Zen is better than both of Intel's higher core options. You can bet your ass they will release 4 and 6 core counterparts clocked to oblivion, competing with Intel's mainsteam processors. They already have an advantage in TDP, that's only an indication that they'll get faster with less cores. Also, stop parroting cheap prices, Summit Ridge will be at least $500.

On another note
>Core i7-7700K > Core i7-7700K (5GHz)
What the fuck am I reading? Fuck wccftech.

What clock was that Zen CPU running? What memory was it using? A high end (binned) 8 core Zen would hit probably that 1500 cb mark with decent memory and boost enabled.
These ES samples out there might run only at 3.0-3.2 ghz with boost disabled.

And the original reply here implied otherwise. Regardless, you're free to speculate about pricing as much as you like. If they somehow do price this at $200? That'd be amazing. But I'm not going to hold my breath about it, because it does sound very farfetched.

Maybe Handbrake with a special optimization on the command line/extra encoding option?

>zen es

wew lad, its not the final thng.

>compete with Intel.
6900k is $1000
7700k is $350
ryebread will be $500 and perform in between

Pretty sure my 990x at stock clock could hold it's own against ryzen

>world coolest curry

why is this site not yet banned on Sup Forums?

>7700k is $350
it's not for at least another 5 months.

ITT dipshittery.

I've got the REAL score here. Zen annhilates broadwell-E and Sup Forums refuses to admit it.

yea I'm actually done with AMD

getting new x99 mobo and intel cpu asap

gave them a chance and really hoped to beat the shit out of intel

forget it it will never fucking happen - being behind some x year old intel processor in 2017 is just not good enough

time to upgrade my ancient shit

Seems like a winner there. Essentially 8 core haswell/ivy with very efficient SMT. Perfect for all the content creators out there. Especially if it does so at 95W TDP.

this this this this this

>Chinese forums leak
>Screenshots don't even show which GPU was used
Nobody can be this gullible

You've got to be shitting me. If I hadn't upgraded to X99 last year I'd be all over Zen. You're a year late on X99

What's wrong with this benchmark?

*CPU

It's wccftech. You could make a bar graph with MS Paint and if you posted it claiming that it's a leaked benchmark, they'd still publish it.

..and Sup Forums would believe it because Israel demands you appease it.

AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.60 GHz 8 cores 11867

AMD has said about 1.4x IPC so:
11867 * 1.4 = 16,614

What were you expecting?

>AoS meme game
>51% 'utilization'
>cf meme (pic related)

>broadwell
it's clearly skylake

Is that seriously how CF 480s run or is that the result of bad drivers?

Because that is literally not working at all.

You'd be wrong, but thats ok.

>AMD has said about 1.4x IPC so:
No they didn't, idiot. 1.4x IPC compared to excavator, 2.0x IPC compared to bulldozer.

Devs and AMD are lazy, and I don't talk about micro stuttering

6900k is broadwell-e

ark.intel.com/products/94196/Intel-Core-i7-6900K-Processor-20M-Cache-up-to-3_70-GHz

>look mom I changed the numbers!

TPU is such a fucking joke.

Why? The crossfire/SLI driver suck on a lot of games. CF/SLI is not relevant in 2016...

Yes so? It is just as legit as the original picture. It features a random number and the cinebench results screen.

>no cpu-z screenshot
>not even some sort of task manager screenshot
>absolutely no additional system information

So yes, my picture is as authentic as this leak (actually its not even my pocture - its from Anandtech).

wasn't this cpu supposed to beat the 6900?

amd lied

try no less than $400

>he fell on the cf meme

Can you elaborate?

thats ok, the 6700k is not good enough to make me feel buyers remorse over my 2500k

I don't think anyone really expected that

amd put it against the 6900k twice and it supposedly beat it

Ryzen is Windows 10 only

won't work on 7 or 8

That's beyond lazy, that's just negligent

Oh, marketing. I was thinking of the shit they said when they first started talking about it, you know, "40% IPC improvement over bullolzer" and whatnot

>screenshot cut off right above processor name

>wccftech
Isn't this the same meme that said kaby was a 30% boost over Sky?

It beat a 6900k in the two live demos they presented at the new horizons event. The first one is handbrake (ala ) and the second one was a blender render of the ryzen logo - the file for which can be downloaded from AMD's website.

Even mr "fuck AMD" Kyle Bennett at hardocp matched the blender demo results with his broadwell test system.

hardocp.com/article/2016/12/15/amds_new_ryzen_cpu_smt_ipc

> B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but it's cheap!
AyyMDPOORFAGS never change

no they didnt

Yep like usuall you fags get panties wet to some some sketchy as fuck phone photos.

No speccy, no cpuz, no detailed info. Just cut out result that might as well be completely different CPU. Just do what you did for last fucking 2 years sit on your ass and watch chinese cartoons. And with tests wait for fucking retail version benches instead of giving v to WCF-CLICKBAIT.

Excavator has more than 10% IPC increase compared to bulldozer. You were expecting the IPC to decrease? They claimed a 40% gain.

>Intel fails to make a major advancement since Sandy Bridge, hitting the wall in performance

>AMD still couldnt catch up to them

I refuse to believe it

so how much would you pay for it?

I feel like 300$ is to much for this garbage

You must be a macfag.

> tfw Apple's Hurricane ARM core is 30% faster than Skylake/Kaby Lake